Shantae: Risky's Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
With any luck, virt's working on the music for the game, so I'm interested if only so I can hear the soundtrack he's got cooked up.

Dammit. I don't want to buy a DSi, but it looks good.

There was another game released for the DS that I managed to ignore long enough to forget about it completely. A kirby lookalike... was it starby? Nobody talks about it so I can get away with it.

Out of sight, out of mind... Just keep telling yourself there are no good DSi-exclusive games and your wallet will thank you later.

off-topic: Is it "The Legendary Starfy" you are talking about?

On-topic: Wow,Looks pretty good right now! I will wait for more info before I talk about the gameplay, for now.

Between this and Rayman, I'm really tempted to get the DSi too. This looks like a lot of fun.

Next generation of handhelds, I'm gonna wait at least two years before I buy any hardware. I kinda feel cheated out of these awesome downloadable games.

Just keep telling yourself there are no good DSi-exclusive games and your wallet will thank you later.

Mighty Flip Champs. You flip what's on the bottom screen onto the top screen to solve puzzles. And it has a nice title screen tune. Sadly, I can't find a non-IGN/Non-Youtube review. Nor did I look that hard, but whatever. There's also Aura Aura climber, where a (somewhat more literal) star falls down to Earth and you gotta send him into the sky to get big like the sun, and Spotto, where you blow up ghosts into teeny tiny pieces using bombs.

There was that other game which uses head tracking through the hinge camera to make the camera ingame rotate, and you have to find hidden letters. I absolutely loved what I saw.
For anyone who doesn't know, Shantae was a fantastic GBC game and you should all feel ashamed for not knowing about it. shaaaame

Not to mention, these games have high replay value and are very cheap.
2 dollars for Aura-Aura Climber = 100s of hours of gameplay.

Some of these games are better then retail games, at 20% of the price. So you better buy Shantae on the DSi when it comes out.

Personally, I'd just download the game. There's no way to really pay for the game and have the people who made it get the money, so no harm no foul.

They were actually about 20-50 dollars before the announcement of the sequel for DSiWare. It seems the price has jumped up a bit ever since.

attention.png

And now back to the great joy of idling in a Sonic forum

May we meet again, SRB2.

A day before my birthday... perfect. (Even though I am ashame to say it, but I haven't played the GBC version. *Walks away slowly...*)

This, is why I got a DSi.

Edit: *looks up at previous post* Looks like i was right

Last edited:
http://ds.ign.com/articles/112/1124899p1.html

IGN's review is up, giving it a 9/10 (Outstanding).

Hmm; a wonky map system you say? I can live with that; I have a fairly good memory :P.
It also appears that the game is at least 6-7 hours long, not sure if this is including collecting extra items like the Warp Squids, Heart Holders, and Fireflies, which would definately add another hour or two in. If so, then it is probably as long as the original (roughly 8-11 hours).

(P.S. Sorry I'm not being Mr. Activity in other parts here, too busy tied up in other communities ATM. I'll try to get more active in the following weeks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back