In Preparation for SRB2ME's Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

With SRB2ME coming out next month, there are a few things people should be aware of regarding the forums:

First, Releases - Submissions will be closed to submissions for 1.09.4 files on July 8th at midnight EDT. When SRB2ME comes out the entire contents of Releases will be dumped into Releases - Old.

Second, the contents of the "Sonic the Hedgehog", "HOW DO I JUMP", and "srb2 bulletin board" forums will be deleted when SRB2ME comes out, so please save any topics you'd like to keep from those forums.

Finally, I'd like to remind everyone that there will probably be a large influx of new users asking stupid questions, and we're going to expect you to play nice with them. I suggest you start practicing being nice to people asking stupid questions now, because when SRB2ME comes out, spiteful, nasty responses to stupid questions will lead to your own ban.

I look forward to seeing you guys at release!

Mystic said:
Finally, I'd like to remind everyone that there will probably be a large influx of new users asking stupid questions, and we're going to expect you to play nice with them. I suggest you start practicing being nice to people asking stupid questions now, because when SRB2ME comes out, spiteful, nasty responses to stupid questions will lead to your own ban.

I look forward to seeing you guys at release!

The sudden change from serious to light made me snicker there.

Mystic said:
I suggest you start practicing being nice to people asking stupid questions now, because when SRB2ME comes out, spiteful, nasty responses to stupid questions will lead to your own ban.

This made me laugh.

You shouldn't be saying "Read the Wiki" because it won't be up-to-date.

Or maybe it will. We never heard anything about it since editing was disabled.

How do I save topics? Not that there's really any I like, but still, I don't know how to save topics.

I think I'll just bite my tongue and not reply to stupid questions at all, I guess.

glaber said:
With the way it was worded, can you blame me?

Seems fine to me, I don't even get where you got the Genesis Generation idea from...

SMS is shortform for "Sega Master System", Cue. That is why he thought it was that. Why he did it, we will never know.

So I am guessing we can't drop F-bombs and throw swears in a post every once in a while anymore?

Damn that sucks. I just hope that there aren't gonna be too much new users coming. (Like, over 5000 people.)

Are we still going to be doing things like HDIJ type things or the april fools changes every once and a while?

I kinda know why we have to be nicer to the new users though because of how they might run away and not come back if someone calls them a stupid moronic blob or something like that for asking a stupid question.

Really, a general rule of thumb for forums should be "don't be an asshole" anyway.

Yeah, pretty much, Blue Warrior. Just hasn't been enforced properly around here, so hence the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back