Grammar and spelling problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonow Hakura said:
What I am trying to say there is no need to overreact to a second or two of frustration. Seriously guys stop whining over every damn thing that doesn't please you.

Basic intelligence isn't a little thing meant to please us. It's a basic requisite for being a member of the community. So, really, this is a problem.

Bingo, but Mystic said it before: People on this forum have IQs of around 50-60. And that's not very smart.

So, basically you guys are saying you're not smart enough to decode an extremely slight grammatical mistake?

And yeah, FF, I dare you to ban me for this voicing of my opinion.

You have the wrong idea, Shu. You are apparently so paranoid that you think we ban people for voicing their opinions. If that were true, I'd ban all the Kirby fans on this board.

The way I see it, usage of the apostrophe is more or less a display of intelligence. When you see people using it incorrectly, you get the impression that they aren't quite as smart as you are. It all correlates to the general IQ of anyone posting on these forums.

Really? Does that mean I get to voice my opinion that the rules absolutely do not apply to Mystic?*Head shot*
(*Head Shot* = It's a freaking joke.)
But, on a serious tone, I can understand "Bills apple's are red.", ticing you grammer Nazis off, but declaring the forum dead over it, I don't get.

If you're reading this, you're wasting part of your life....

FoxBlitzz said:
I'd ban all the Kirby fans on this board.
OHNOES! *Goes to hide* Also, have you ever thought of the possibility that the apostrophe key is stuck? Your keyboard being broken means you're stupid? And I doubt we're unlazy enough to go to on-screen keyboard, just for an apostrophe. And some might have OSes that don't have an on-screen keyboard.

EDIT: Also, since we can voice our opinion, that means I failed to bring humor to the board because I wussed out because I thought Mystic would Tempban me for calling him a Grammar Nazi in various ways, depending on the subject at hand! *Tempbanned*

Shu said:
Really? Does that mean I get to voice my opinion that the rules absolutely do not apply to Mystic?*Head shot*
(*Head Shot* = It's a freaking joke.)
I don't we need the parensynthetical note to figure that out.
But, on a serious tone, I can understand "Bills apple's are red.", ticing you grammer Nazis off, but declaring the forum dead over it, I don't get.
As far as I know, DW is the only one who clearly reacted about it. Again, you don't get this situation over a lack of apostrophes.

FoxBlitzz said:
The way I see it, usage of the apostrophe is more or less a display of intelligence.
This is true..... But why make such a big deal over less intelligent members? It really isn't worth a topic.

Sonow Hakura said:
FoxBlitzz said:
The way I see it, usage of the apostrophe is more or less a display of intelligence.
This is true..... But why make such a big deal over less intelligent members? It really isn't worth a topic.

Because they're plaguing the board, and it's getting really obnoxious to tolerate everything they do? Look at it this way: Someone pokes you once. You're not going to mind. Someone else pokes you again three days later. You're not likely going to complain. Now imagine random people poking you every other second. You're going to do something about it. Consider that the instance here.

Considering that basic intelligence and grammar are part of the RULES here, I figured a simple apostrophe lesson would be acceptable.

Like anyone noobs read the announcements anyway. They head straight for the custom character forum :/

More to the point, here is the main reason you simply want to use proper English grammar in ALL of your posts:

You look smarter when you do.

It's really that simple. Using proper grammar, including correctly using the apostrophe, is one of the easiest ways to make yourself look more intelligent over the internet. Run your post through a spellcheck, and you look smarter than 90% of the newbies on the forums. Proofread your post, and you're up to 99% right there. The reality is that people, intentionally or not, judge other people based on first impressions, and if your post uses subpar grammar, their first impression is going to be "This guy is an idiot."

Use the apostrophe correctly. Don't do it for the forums, either. Do it for your own self-interest. People are more likely to respond to your posts with a helpful answer and in a nicer tone if they think you're intelligent.

Any questions?

The deal is, not only noobs use improper english,

1) they bump 4-month old character topics asking for "new download link plz"

2)they aren't members of the community, they just come to ask stupid questions anyone with commen sence could figure out by reading the wiki. "how do you get bots" (tell them it's in srb2JTE), then, "how do you get JTE".

3) don't read the rules, and when they do, they still do"lol, plz, (overuse of smilies), and other annoying criz-zap that is agianst the rules.

In conclusion, I as well as most the active SRB2 community, think that action need's to be taken, as soon as possible.

We ARE doing something. Surely you've noticed the insane number of tempbans going around the forums, and a few permbans.

luis90 said:
In conclusion, I as well as most the active SRB2 community, think that action need's to be taken, as soon as possible.
AWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back