• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Custom MD2 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the ears should be slightly bigger, but other than that I reckon it works fine!

With that said though, most of the characters have differently-shaped heads, notably Tails and Knuckles. You definitely should use the same head as a base so that all the characters are consistent, but I would still make sure you edit it heavily each time. Don't get lazy now! :P

I feel like the ears should be slightly bigger, but other than that I reckon it works fine!

With that said though, most of the characters have differently-shaped heads, notably Tails and Knuckles. You definitely should use the same head as a base so that all the characters are consistent, but I would still make sure you edit it heavily each time. Don't get lazy now! :P

It's the basic head model.
Each character will have modifications to it to fit the designs.

I should really get some sleep.
But, before I head off to go on a "snooze cruise", I got some updates for you guys!

1: I will be completely redoing Sonic.

2: I have made a head model that most characters will use.
Let me know what you think of it!

And with that, I go to sleep.
Good night.

THANK YOU. You've improved quite a lot in the little time it's been since you made Sonic, and I'm glad your redoing him. Make sure to listen to my ideas about the textures. I'm hoping you can fix Texture issues on Amy and Sonic soon! Use the R/Jam artwork as reference, as those are better than the official models due to them being more well made and have more detail. http://www.soahcity.com/desktop/sonic_r/srwp004_1024x768.jpg Like I said, this is the best reference you can get for these models.

Remember when I said I would be redoing Sonic?

Yeah, don't expect it to be made soon. A sprained wrist can make it hard to work.

Remember when I said I will be completely redoing Sonic?

Yeah this is quite different.

Attachments

• NewSonicMD2.jpg
    NewSonicMD2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 519
Indeed, I would say this one is quite different. I noticed you curved the spines. Not having the sides of his spines line up with the side of his head makes him look more like one of the Sonic cartoons.

Old Sonic: Oh OK. Neat. Definitely like the sonic r/jam look.
New Sonic: Wow! That's a huge leap in quality! Keep up the good work!

That looks WAY better. Textures are a lot better, but the shoes need to be bigger, and the quills need some work. They remind me more of adventure sonic than classic. Base them off the official art and R models. Maybe you could possibly make a Sonic R set of MD2's in the future?

Indeed, I would say this one is quite different. I noticed you curved the spines. Not having the sides of his spines line up with the side of his head makes him look more like one of the Sonic cartoons.

The name of that Sonic is Buttface Sonic due to his face looking like a butt. I would look at The S3 Sprites from the special stages for Reference

That looks WAY better. Textures are a lot better, but the shoes need to be bigger, and the quills need some work. They remind me more of adventure sonic than classic. Base them off the official art and R models. Maybe you could possibly make a Sonic R set of MD2's in the future?

If you couldn't tell by the model, I'm ditching the Sonic R and Jam look and creating my own mid-poly (by SRB2 Standards) style.

Thread revive... sorta.

I think I don't want to do customs anymore because I suck at modeling, but I wanted to revive this thread to tell you that I'm getting into edits.
Check out these 2 edits I made from Sonic's model from SA2B.

Attachments

• SilverSA2B.jpg
    SilverSA2B.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 384
  • SonicSA2Boom.jpg
    SonicSA2Boom.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 412
Thread revive for reals this time.

Created using parts from Jeck Jims' saturn MD2s and some custom parts of my own, I present to you, Tiara Boobowski from the canceled Sonic game, Sonic X-treme in the Sonic R/Jam style!

Attachments

• TiaraMD2.png
    TiaraMD2.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 380
Ooh. I'm always down for more Saturn characters. I feel like Tiara is a weird character to start with, since I can't really think of a wad that would make use of her model... but it's looking all right regardless!

I think I don't want to do customs anymore because I suck at modeling, but I wanted to revive this thread to tell you that I'm getting into edits.
Check out these 2 edits I made from Sonic's model from SA2B.

the thing you are doing wrong is modelling in Misfit, that's not how it works.
We usually use other programs to do modeling (Blender or whatever you want).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back