Is SEGA going to cancel Sonic the Hedgehog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though the poor hedgehog's been through rough, I'd hate to see him die out. Sega needs him, or else no more Sega. The fanbase of Sega is mostly Sonic related. And, call me crazy, but, I enjoy a Sonic game once in a while. I still play Unleashed until my fingers fall off: The XBox 360 version owns.

But still, if Sonic ends up dying, then he should die out like a star: Crating a supernova as he leaves. The final Sonic game should be so kickbutt it'll make people beg Sonic comes back. And if Sega takes him down entirely, then he should be in custody of Nintendo. Maybe a cameo of Sonic and Mario could be feasible in a game or two: Sonic can be a boss, maybe. Then you could play as Sonic in a game and face Mario. They could still keep the whole Super Sonic shtick (I personally think SS kicks serious butt).

So yeah. I really hope Sega doesn't give up on the little blue hog.

I believe it became more of something that would be recreationally discussed among the members of the board rather than something to be debated in Colosseum.

In my honest opinion, I'm wondering why it wasn't moved to Video Gaming.

I would love it if they gave the games a darker storyline that doesn't involve guns, Nintendo did it with Zelda (Mojoras mask and Twilight princess) and would feel like a welcome addition. Seeing sonic act like an adult instead of a 13 year old kid could build up his character greatly.

Blue Warrior said:
They tried that in Sonic '06.

Why everyone uses that as a reference? come on, it´s not the best Sonic game but it is not the worst, I actually would say it´s better than the PS2 version of Sonic Unleashed.

I dont think SEGA is going to cancel sonic but... in my game informer magazine... it said... somebody on the sonic team got tired of sonic and tried to make all the rest of the team cancel sonic BUT he got fired. (or quit his job I cant remember) He did kind of convince them though because they are trying to make the hardest sonic games of all time now! TRUE STORY!!!

jet said:
I dont think SEGA is going to cancel sonic but... in my game informer magazine... it said... somebody on the sonic team got tired of sonic and tried to make all the rest of the team cancel sonic BUT he got fired. (or quit his job I cant remember) He did kind of convince them though because they are trying to make the hardest sonic games of all time now! TRUE STORY!!!

Game Informer jokes around a lot. I actually like their humor, but I don't think this is true. My subscription to them ended a while ago, so I haven't seen their magazines.

Jellybones69 said:
jet said:

Game Informer jokes around a lot. I actually like their humor, but I don't think this is true. My subscription to them ended a while ago, so I haven't seen their magazines.

They do joke a lot, there was an article not long ago about Yuji Naka quitting and his plans to kill Sonic.

Sonic shouldn't die; they should only make games without Sonic in it (but of course, Sonic-themed) for a change, and give other characters the spotlight. There's always the word "Sonic" in every Sonic game.

NiteAngel said:
Sonic shouldn't die; they should only make games without Sonic in it (but of course, Sonic-themed) for a change, and give other characters the spotlight. There's always the word "Sonic" in every Sonic game.

Tails Adventure, Knuckles Chaotix, Tails Sky-Patrol.

They tried that 3 times, 1 was done right, As for the 2 others, Not so much.

I personally feel that Sonic Team needs a new devteam, given that the fans seem to know more of what to do with their game than they do. Just look at SRB2: it may be just a fangame, but it's one of the best sonic games out there. Especially once 1.1 comes out. Sonic Team needs a devteam like the srb2 devteam.

Also, I feel that sonic needs a darker storyline as well, without guns.
Not like Sonic 06, but something involving Sonic, all his friends, and EGGMAN as the main villain. They need to stop putting Sonic against all these "god" things that he's been fighting.
I think it's about time Eggman grew some sense as well and started being a bit more of a real threat to Sonic and his friends.

Shrike said:
I personally feel that Sonic Team needs a new devteam, given that the fans seem to know more of what to do with their game than they do. Just look at SRB2: it may be just a fangame, but it's one of the best sonic games out there. Especially once 1.1 comes out. Sonic Team needs a devteam like the srb2 devteam.

Not like Sonic 06, but something involving Sonic, all his friends, and EGGMAN as the main villain. They need to stop putting Sonic against all these "god" things that he's been fighting.
I think it's about time Eggman grew some sense as well and started being a bit more of a real threat to Sonic and his friends.
Thats what we wanted since....I don't know....2002? Heck, some of good the sprite movies of sonic on newgrounds have plots and motives that should of been included in the sonic games now! As if we wern't giving them enough hints.

hyperson said:
Wrong Forum And, I think there was a topic like this before..
It's still on topic, cause it's relating to events about sonic's place and personal opinions about how they should improving it.

TrueTenguMan said:
Shrike said:

Thats what we wanted since....I don't know....2002? Heck, some of good the sprite movies of sonic on newgrounds have plots and motives that should of been included in the sonic games now! As if we wern't giving them enough hints.

Far as i remember, Sonic 1, 2 and 3, (Advance too, even if it had those Super sonic battles) Had an Eggman's Final boss, (I mean, a big challenging master robot). but since Sonic adventure, it started with, "Godly" Misunderstanding boss creatures, Chaos, Dark Gaia, Solaris, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back