Mario vs sonic in the olimpic games: waste of programing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blargen

Most people think that this game was useless. I see that in the swiming contest. Since its been proven and exploited in every sonic game that sonic CAN NOT SWIM. Would you agree? Yay or nay?

Actually, the swimming races put Sonic in a life jacket BECAUSE he can't swim.

It's not a total waste of programming. It was a great idea. It just wasn't a great game in the end.

It could have used some more whimsical dream events to change things up, but over all it was my first real party game for the Wii besides Wii sports and it is, with only a few exceptions, a pretty solid game for what it is... Maybe it isn't much different from the dozen+ other waggle-fest party games, but I've gotta have at least one good waggle game, and I'd rather have a Sonic&Mario one than another...

Incidentally, S&M Olympics was the first game I wanted the Wii for... though I waited until there were a good number of Wii exclusive games I wanted before daring to ask for one. (the others I asked for at the immediate time were Secret Rings and Mario Galaxy)

How can a fat plumber beat the fastest thing alive in the Olympics?

If they made sumthin like that. I would be sonic, turn super, and blast mario to another sol system. (Evil grin)

Re: Mario vs sonic in the olimpic games: waste of programing

blargen said:
Most people think that this game was useless. I see that in the swiming contest. Since its been proven and exploited in every sonic game that sonic CAN NOT SWIM. Would you agree? Yay or nay?

Actually, they included a reference to the fact he can't swim in that game. In the Diving competition, if you play as Sonic, he'll be wearing a life jacket.

That said, it is sort of weird that he can swim at all. But what could they have done about it? There WAS a swimming event, and it's not like they could make it so Sonic can't enter. Maybe they could have made it so that he was a bad character to choose, though--he was pretty good at the 100m Freestyle.

Also, I was playing that game on the way home from school. Isn't that a weird coincidence?

One more thing:
blargen said:
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games: waste of programming?
Fix'd

Autosaver said:
FoxBlitzz said:
Cue said:
How can a fat plumber beat the fastest thing alive in the Olympics?

I dunno, Mario can run pretty damn fast in SMB3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE8dVD9zESA&feature=related
^Mario VS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW1Ewo34_38&feature=related&fmt=18
^Sonic

Sonic is way faster but the M&S is just a spin-off.
It totally ignores there real stats besides the basics.
Speed-Power-Fly.

Why are you comparing that old game to Unleashed? Compare it to Sonic 1 please.

Ok...let me compare it to Mario Galaxy to SU.

Same generation so it counts and Sonic STILL wins.

Also Sonic 1 Beats Mario 1 in speed.
Sonic 3 also beats Mario 3.

One other thing--you'd think Yoshi and Tails would DOMINATE in the Long Jump and Triple Jump events. Tails can fly, and Yoshi can Flutter Jump. (Dream Long Jump doesn't count, because every character can fly in that one.)

You know, I'm pretty sure abilities like flying/gliding/sonic-speed/goomba-pouncing/fire-breathing/koopa-kicking/biting/pika-hammering/etc are outlawed from the Olympics. I doubt laying eggs or passing gas is, but they really would only benefit from it in the dream events.

(Sonic does slow down for Mario even in the dream events because he believes in the real super power of fair play)

Fair play?

Sonic still runs faster then Mario.
He also finds his speed shoes and Chaos Emeralds in dream events.
Fair eh? XD

Mario should have some type of skill that can beat sonic and that something would involve jumping or flipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back