Duke Nukem Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, because we have until the 4th of May to do something big, because that's when that counter is counting down to.

SAGE 2009
Or have you forgotten already?

As for porting to different engines... I would say a better solution to that is come up with something that would be fun even if it was on a dated engine... either that or use your own engine so instead of porting it, you can just update it. I think Blizzard's handling of SC2 and Nintendo's OoT is a good example of how you can take your time with a game and not have people backlash due to it being just a few years outdated. (There are a few people that whine at SC2 for being more of a retro RTS instead of being more like DoW, but I think that's about preference, not tech)

That counter's weeks, buddy. That said, nothing small is going to come from a countdown going multiple years.

Weeks? Well, this makes everything a little bit different...

That's gonna be huge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEqyj0vtWDg&feature=player_embedded

So, I found some new footage of this. I'm not saying it's going to come out, because at this point, I don't even KNOW. I just found it, and thought you'd like to see it.

As much of a Duke fan as I am, this had better be big. Honestly, from what I see, it looks a tad generic. Duke 3D, for the time, was pretty revolutionary when it came out, so if it isn't as big as that, I'm going to be pretty dissapointed.

That intro (Gearbox software, late-90s DNF logo) is fake, but the footage is the real deal. Looks great, especially the Western area.

This looks like a real badass game, I'm really looking forward to it's release.

Hopefully there won't be 12 years of development hell again.

I doubt they'd be screwing around with this much footage unless the game is the closest to going gold it's ever been, or if it's dead for good.

If it's not announced today, it'll be announced Sunday, when Gearbox has their PAX panel/whatever. You have my word.

Does anyone have a clean recording of the presentation? 2k games' has audio problems.

"And with great power gave the fanboys witness of the resurrection of Duke Nukem: And great grace was upon them all."

cv0092.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back