SRB2 2.0.X Bug Reports (Pre-2.0.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is wrong with the comments in the following SOC. It causes the file to not be properly read.
If you're sure the problem is in the comments, I'd imagine it's likely that comments are not supported on the object headers (Thing #, FRAME #, etc). I'd advise to place the comments on the previous line.

sigsegv EIP=00424246
Race mode after Corrupt Palace. I was changing my color to lavender when the map changed.

Well, I suddenly became server in a server. (Brown's Server)

EX:
<~Jack> Hi.
<~Jack> wait. WUT!!?

So, basically I took over Brown's role in being server.

(Server exhausted its free nodes and defaulted the next joiner to node 0, the server's node. Should not happen in 2.0.5 ~Inuyasha)

Last edited by a moderator:
EIP=32373639

Hitting someone with a reflect shield really close with a bomb ring in Icicle Falls Zone.

EIP=32373639

Hitting someone with a reflect shield really close with a bomb ring in Icicle Falls Zone.

That reminds me, I hitted someone with a Force Shield with Scatter really close and I died while I still had rings.

Last edited:
A_RandomStateRange is broken, and I think this is the line that's breaking it:

p_enemy.c:5862
Code:
statenum /= statenum/difference;
No matter what you do, that's always going to come out equal to the difference. Because of this, the last state in the range (Var2) will always be chosen.

This is an issue that bugs me yet I keep forgetting to mention it.

If you jump into a receding crusher as soon as possible, you die. This is because you land, try to stand up, and are crushed because the standing hitbox is taller than the rolling one.

This shouldn't happen. It's needlessly annoying, and didn't happen in the original games. One of two things should happen:

a) You can't jump into it. This is a poor solution, even if it's what happened in the original games.

b) You tuck into a roll. This is the best solution because if you jump into an advancing crusher, you'll eventually be squished in ball form anyway, and this way low ceiling collision with moving/static sectors is uniformized.

I've never encountered this bug myself, but my friend said he had encountered it in DSZ2. He was Tails. He says you drop onto to get to a room full of springs, and he ended up going to the cieling, where he says a water current pushed him into a wall of spikes he had no way to escape from.

Now, I haven't encountered this myself, but maybe somebody will know what I'm talking about.

This shouldn't happen. It's needlessly annoying, and didn't happen in the original games.

Actually it did, but it's a lot harder to repro. I agree that you should attempt to tuck & roll, and I think it's supposed to do this, but not sure why it isn't. Messing with the crushing is a very fickle thing, and tends to break other aspects of gameplay if you touch it.

Actually it did, but it's a lot harder to repro.
The only time it happened is when you're already in the crush situation when collsion is tested.

In the Genesis games, objects which are not on-screen are not tested for collision. This includes objects which would crush Sonic. If you manage to move so fast that that camera lags behind and Sonic goes out of the screen, and he goes into a situation where an object is crushing him, he will be crushed immediately as the object comes into view and collision is tested. Otherwise, if you're going at normal speeds, your hitbox is too big to fit in the hole at all and you won't be able to go in it.

Couple that with the fact that the spin dash freezes the camera for a while before catching up with Sonic, and it's actually easy to kill yourself by spindashing into crushers which are just out of sight.

I agree that you should attempt to tuck & roll, and I think it's supposed to do this, but not sure why it isn't.
It actually works in some situations. For instance, you can get out of THZ1's underground exit as Knuckles due to this. For some reason it doesn't work with receding crushers (even though logic dictates that he was able to fit in the first place, and the space is only going to get larger).

F12 keeps enabled in match mode (with no teams) even if you entered the game.

How to call it:
1) You are a spectator and F12 another spectator;
2) Enter the game;
3) You can still see through spectator's view.

ftct0.png

There seems to be a completely unnecessary flower in Sapphire Falls' thok barrier.

Code:
<RedEchidna> So um
<RedEchidna> I was testing my level
<RedEchidna> Spindashed into an Egg Knight
<RedEchidna> Heard the ring loss sound
<RedEchidna> And sigsegv'd
<Ghost_Zero> Happened to me with a spike ball
<RedEchidna> EIP=0047290e

Crashy spindashing blindly into hazards is crashy.

Missing texture in RVZ
srb20136-1.png

NiGHTS Bumper is affected buy normal object flip.
Flags are as follows 0 1 2 3 4.
Flags 0 1 & 4
srb20138-1.png

Flags 2 & 3
srb20139-1.png

srb20140-1.png

GFZ pictures taken in SRB2TP

Last edited:
Ok, when ever i start srb2 up a message pops up saying SetDisplay,Mode FAILED: Function Call Not Supported.

So can you help me?

It is still possible to get stuck, unable to get out of the lava before you die on Red Volcano.

I put up pictures later.

Regardless, here are the pictures I said I'd get.

Here is where I found out.
srb20142-1.png

Under the lava on the left.
srb20143-1.png

The lava pit on the right after collecting an elemental shield.
srb20144-2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back