Purity Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, my first WAD, Purity Lake, is out. This is the final layout, but any small graphical glitches I would be happy to take care of. Purity Lake was not designed around being creative, as much as it was just to be a fun little map to play for a few minutes. Don't expect alot of gimmics when you play, you may be dissapointed.

Okay, screenies time.

screenshot2nc6.png

The basic map. You can see most of it from here.

screenshot3yd3.png

One of the higher up places. You can get here from a yellow spring.

screenshot1rj8.png

The hill'd (I made up a word. lol) corner. Proves that my map is not flat as a board. XD

Download: Click Here

Sendspace Mirror: Click Here

There you go! Hope you like it.

CHRISTMAS LAKE!

Funz, a Christmas version. Yay!

Screen-

srb20032uj5.png

DOWNLOAD - SRB2FFH Mirror

Nathan Speed said:
Okay, my first WAD, Purity Lake, is out. This is the final layout, but any small graphical glitches I would be happy to take care of. purity Lake was not designed around being creative, as much as it was just to be a fun little map to play for a few minutes. Don't expect alot of gimmics when you play, you may be dissapointed.

Okay, screenies time.

screenshot2nc6.png

screenshot3yd3.png

screenshot1rj8.png

The hill'd (I made up a word. lol) corner. Proves that my map is not flat as a board. XD

Download: http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/81mt_puritylake.wad

The GFX look terrible! Purity Lake?! Uh uh. Impurity gorge.

srb21103 said:
Nathan Speed said:
Okay, my first WAD, Purity Lake, is out. This is the final layout, but any small graphical glitches I would be happy to take care of. purity Lake was not designed around being creative, as much as it was just to be a fun little map to play for a few minutes. Don't expect alot of gimmics when you play, you may be dissapointed.

Okay, screenies time.

screenshot2nc6.png

screenshot3yd3.png

screenshot1rj8.png

Download: http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/81mt_puritylake.wad

I know i'll sound like a n00b but, what the hell is a GFX? If your talking about the water, it's supposed to look blue, and if you play in OpenGL, it looks better. A lot better.

Ah. I just wasn't used to the term.

Out of curiosity, what don't you like about it? Personaly I think the grey black and green go quite nicely together/

srb21103 said:

Nice constructive criticism there man, it really helped improve the map... =/
In my personal opinion, the textures look very nice when contrasted against eachother, textures usually never look this way. It's quite an odd choice, but I think it looks cool.
Other than that, I don't think I have anything else to say, as I haven't played this in a netgame yet.

Looks cool, I'll be sure to test it out. :)

It's weird... When I looked at the name, I immediately thought "Pokémon" for some reason. ._.

By looking at the screens I think it's pretty good. But I think the link is broken :( when I got to srb2ffh I typed the password so I can download but it said "INVALID DOWNLOAD LINK." maybe you can reupload so the link can work.

No need. I got it done. I was just worried that I may not have time. I've been catching up boatloads of school work and I wasn't sure if I would have time, I'll put the Mirror up on the first post.

Hyper Shadic X said:
When I looked at the name, I immediately thought "Pokémon" for some reason. ._.

*WARNING! WARNING! OFFTOPIC MODE ON!*Err...I believe you got that thought from Pokemon DX, for the GameCube. You know, impure souls and whatnot. Also, the place where you purify the pokemon (after a bit of battling with 'em) does indeed have something along the lines of this level's name. *OFFTOPIC MODE OFF*

Anyways. Back to the topic: Test it later, but it looks pretty darn good from what the screenies say.

For some reason, the first thought that came into my mind when I saw it was "Meadow Match" followed by "Wait, no, more to it, but it looks similar in some ways..."

Cue said:
For some reason, the first thought that came into my mind when I saw it was "Meadow Match" followed by "Wait, no, more to it, but it looks similar in some ways..."

Yeah, I took a bit of insperation from the way it was made. I liked the idea of it, and just added my own stuff to the mix.

Bright Colours

You could brighten this level up by using LWATER and some of the nice Hidden Palace Zone textures and flats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back