Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzo

http://ds.ign.com/objects/887/887109.html
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3159247
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_Puzzle_League
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/puzzle/paneldeponds/index.html

*Jumps up and down in excitement*

For those who refuse to click random links, it's a Tetris Attack(/Panel de Pon, for Mystic's sake) remake for the DS, with both standard button play, and Brain-Age inspired stylus play, with the DS sideways.

You guys might not be as phyched as I am, but for those who don't know, Tetris Attack is my favourite game of all time.

MY. FAVOURITE. GAME.

=)

*Continues to jump up and down*

EDIT: New finds on the game:
- Release Date slated for June 4th
- Wi-Fi Enabled (!!!), with up to 4 people

Wow. I wish I could get excited about something this small and insignificant. My main excitement this year is Journey of Dreams, and EVERYBODY'S anticipating that one. Now I feel jealous! :x

Cool, another puzzle game for the DS. I may get it.

And I'm also looking foward to to the NiGHTS sequel as well, I just hope (and I know they will) Sonic Team will make the game a sequel worthy of the NiGHTS name.

Nonsence. While I do enjoy a character choice, puzzle games aren't really the most logical fit for them. Heck, puzzle games with a storyline usually don't make that much sense (Let's go kill the bad guy by lining up more blocks!)

Needless to say, I love the "Puzzle League" (or whatever you wish to call it) series, and I am looking forward to its latest installment.

I'm seriously looking forward to this myself, I just hope that the stylus controls are more or less, optional and not required, otherwise I might experience a large drop in skill.

Yeah, I know. Honestly, I'm more tempted to get the GCN import version with the old character selection intact. I'm not a big fan of the Lumines-style that all puzzle games want to emulate nowadays.

However, stylus controls do intrigue me.

Never was a big fan of Tetris Attack.. Tetris DS makes me happy in my pants, though.

Dude, Panel de Pon is almost nothing like Tetris. If anything, Puyo Puyo is more like Tetris, because you actually drop the blocks down, whereas in Panel de Pon, you just swap them around.

Wikipedia said:
This article or section contains information about an unreleased video game.

X-play praysed ShadowTH and SonicTH(2006) before it came out.

The actuall review scored 1/5.

I don't trust people who praise unrealiesed games.

I have a better idea, don't trust X-Play. Unless they've actually PLAYED a copy of said unreleased game, I see no reason not to trust them.

Perhaps they informed you about the games, but previews typically aren't there to praise them. They're just there to give you a brief overview of what the game will be like.

After recently buying and playing the game, here's what I have to say:

• The gameplay, for the most part, is nearly identical, with the exception of having the option to raise the stack during chains. The same can be said about the physics, which at first I was a bit worried about.
  • Stylus Play, while it is an innovative feature and a nice touch, will seem uncoordinated to those used to the D-pad in prior renditions of this classic game. I found it puzzling (pun har har) to have to drag the blocks by dragging the stylus, personally. The blocks are far easier to see although, due to the increased playing field.
  • Daily Mode is a nice feature that keeps you playing daily. It basically has you go through a single Time, Score, or Garbage attack session, and it graphs your scores on a day-by-day basis. You can only use this feature once a day - hence the name.
  • Vs. COM. This is a biggie, because this is one of the two reasons I bought the game for.
    The easy difficulty level not only has painstakingly easy AI, but the blocks fall at a much slower rate, allowing for colossal chains. Hard mode? It's DAMN hard, coming from a veteran of TA. In this case, however, a challenging AI is a good thing, as it always has you coming back for more.
  • Items. This is so epic, it deserves it's own section. While it is optional to use items, I highly suggest you do, as it really gives the Vs. mode a "screw you" kind of feel. The items are quite balanced as well, ranging from an item that makes everything a chain to one that sends all of your garbage to your opponent. It's Mario Kart-esque, to say the least.
  • Music. It's a mixed bag, to be honest. Some of the tunes are dreadful, while others are quite possibly better than TA tunes. I'm quite disappointed no TA tunes were remixed for Planet Puzzle League, to be honest.
  • Wi-Fi. Yeah Baby. This needs no introduction. Oh, and you get to do voice chat with people you have exchanged friend codes with.

Overall, if you've ever played a "Puzzle League" game, or if you're a big fan of hyperactive puzzles, pick this game up. Theres a good chance it will be in the back of your DS for a while.

There, got that out of the way. Now if you will excuse me, I need to go play Daily Mode. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back