SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Help

Old 11-27-2010   #61
Prime 2.0
Grape flavored
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
Part of the reason is that the old lighting effects really didn't work all that well, and looked quite unnatural under most situations, even more so than having no lighting at all.
...but the real reason is that they had a negative impact on performance, even when disabled. The only way to get that back was to simply remove them from the game.
Science tells us that nothing can be proven, only rendered more likely to be true. If we do not question what we already know, how can we know, much less admit, when we're wrong? Such things are vital to progress.
Prime 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010   #62
Pyro Fox Boy
Me and everyone else

I see... So, pretty much now it is used to see up and down and also to load MD2 Models, right?

Oh, another thing I want to mention: Why is it that flat surfaces in OpenGL (by flat, I mean fences and those white net looking things) are invisible? Is it suppose to do that? Forgive me if this has been asked already... I will admit that I am too lazy to read the whole thread. >.<;
Pyro Fox Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010   #63
Sky The Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro Fox Boy View Post
Oh, another thing I want to mention: Why is it that flat surfaces in OpenGL (by flat, I mean fences and those white net looking things) are invisible? Is it suppose to do that? Forgive me if this has been asked already... I will admit that I am too lazy to read the whole thread. >.<;
It's just a glitch with the OpenGL renderer.
Sky The Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010   #64
Kopper
Does not use Sonic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro Fox Boy View Post
I see... So, pretty much now it is used to see up and down and also to load MD2 Models, right?

You mean polyobjects? Yeah, they don't render in OpenGL. Stick to using OpenGL for non-single-player gametypes if it bothers you enough.
Kopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010   #65
Shadow Hog
Developer

Those aren't polyobjects. Polyobjects render fine in OpenGL - arguably better than in software. Those are really flat FOFs with the transparency set to minimum; in software, that actually makes it render at full opaqueness, but with all cyan pixels completely invisible. I guess that doesn't work in OpenGL?
Shadow Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010   #66
Pyro Fox Boy
Me and everyone else

I probably wouldn't hold my breath for that to get fixed, either. Well, I found my answers I have been looking for. I'll continue to mess around with it and such. Thanks for the help. =)
Pyro Fox Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #67
Kopper
Does not use Sonic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Hog View Post
Those aren't polyobjects. Polyobjects render fine in OpenGL - arguably better than in software. Those are really flat FOFs with the transparency set to minimum; in software, that actually makes it render at full opaqueness, but with all cyan pixels completely invisible. I guess that doesn't work in OpenGL?
Ah, that might explain things. Makes sense really that OpenGL borks some maps by rendering them better. Lol, Software.
Kopper is offline   Reply With Quote