Confirmed Player can't get hurt or collect ring if changed into spin state and damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezer'Arch

ArchPack 2.5 is on the way
Bug is critical. Player damage issue. Change object state.

Player can't get hurt or collect ring if changed into spin state and got damage afterwards. Confirmed in SRB2TR r7215.

How to reproduce it:
  • Player is changed into spin state by Linedef Type 425 - Change Object State;
  • 1 tic after, gets damage by Sector Type 1 - Damage;
  • Player can't get hurt by enemies, spikes, damage sectors or collect rings. Player gets infinity invincibility.
Check sample wad.

2iMzM.png

EDIT:

This bug was already issued in SRB2 bug tracker.

EDIT2:

<EzerArch> Just found another
<EzerArch> Spin state given by LD425 doesn't protect player from getting hurt [by enemy].
(...)
<MonsterIestyn> What does "MF_SPINNING" from the Devmode 2 attribute show when you switch to the spin states using LD425?
<EzerArch> zero
<EzerArch> LD425 just change the "visual" part, but keeps player's flags untouched.

Last edited:
Linedef Type 425 shouldn't be used to change the player into the spinning state. It doesn't set PF_SPINNING or anything like that, so no wonder it would screw up things.

The Spinner sector type should be used instead. But I don't get why it can't be used with intangible FOFs. I think it should be modified so this is allowed, and as for this problem, well, don't use Linedef Type 425 this way?

The Spinner sector type should be used instead.
The biggest trouble of Spinner sector is that, it's absurdly hard to control the character while "within" the sector or the player loses almost completely the control over it.

Say, I want to create a room where the character spins continuously, à la Sonic 1 special stage, and the player must dodge obstacles and such... my controls must not be disturbed, but spinner sector keeps messing my controls.

Last edited:
Huh, once again this bug appears. I've run into this from a SOC before as well and reported it then too.

The biggest trouble of Spinner sector is that, it's absurdly hard to control the character while "within" the sector or the player loses almost completely the control over it.

Say, I want to create a room where the character spins continuously, à la Sonic 1 special stage, and the player must dodge obstacles and such... my controls must not be disturbed, but spinner sector keeps messing my controls.

Hmmm, maybe a Spinner linedef executor or something then...

oops... TRunk.

My trunk builds are named SRB2TR for sake of having shorter EXE file names. SRB2DB hates long file names :S

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back