Reason for your interest in SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalaron

So what keeps you here at SRB2?

For me, it's the 1.1 source code.
I want to get an idea of what it's like to code a game, it's really nice to have an open game where you can modify absolutely everything about it. I'm hoping SRB2 can help me learn how coding and designing levels and data files for a C based game could work. Then, I could eventually make my own game.

Here at the MB?
The fact that out of every 15 people that join the board, at least two will be able to form complete sentences without sounding like a 9 year old.

Here, still playing?
I can make my own levels and content. Something you can't normally do with every fan game that you find.

EDIT:Lol, I'm missing something here, aren't I?

DashFox, no matter how hard you try, you're not gunna get the source. You're just hurting your (nonexistant) chances even more by making these sorts of topics. =P

Do what I did and start off with making your own engine instead. As I've said before, the SRB2 code is really not a good way to start. You're going to open a random file and try to figure out what's going on, and you'll fail at trying to comprehend it. Start off by trying to make a game, and whenever you find yourself needing a certain feature, teach yourself how to go about doing it. Maybe not the most solid method but it's fast if you're eager to get your hands dirty.

Let's try to get back on topic, ok? This isn't the "1.1 source code" topic, it's the "Reason for your interest in SRB2?". Spazzo shouldn't had mentioned that.

I barely play SRB2 anymore, only when testing out other people's maps. I just lurk around to wait until 1.1. Then I'll probably start playing.

My only reason is for actually good netgames, and maybe some n00b netgames to see if they're actually breaking the rules... other than that, I don't know. Besides, I'm like Kaysakado; I don't play SRB2 that much.

I stick around SRB2 because I enjoy netplay and massive customization; I also stick around because I realize the community could be better than it is right now, and I want to contribute to its benefit.

I only stick around the SRB2MB because it's the center of communication.

SRB2MB: It's on the internet of which I'm an addict.

SRB2WIN: Sonic = Awesome, Netplay = Moar Awesome, Customization = *cardiac arrest from awsomeness*

For me it would be.

- Good netplay most of the time. Sometimes I go to n00b ones to yell at them for breaking the rules (mostly RP/Hnagout =P)

-Making levels, characters, and vice versa to play on srb2.

-playing other people's projects and giving them feedback.

-the community. Most people are great to talk to, occasionly we get a few idiots here, but that doesn't impact much.

Well, what keeps me to the game is the 3D graphics, character/level/music/item/ability customization, and lotsa other stuff! 'Tis countless.

I'm only still here to keep tormenting several people...
Like AJ... cause he's easy... easy like sunday morning!

Reasons:
1. Sonic game
2. Fan Sonic game
3. I can make my own characters
4. I can make my own levels
5. I can learn to make 3D models
6. It's fun

Senku Niola said:
I love any game that is customizable, simple as that.

This, plus the fact that Tails and Knuckles are not some humorous characters that should be made fun of.

Wow, SSN. I didn't think you'd take Kroze so literally.

I'm here because SRB2 is a creative outlet for me. I've also got a few friends here, so it's nice to see them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back