• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Ideas on Chemical Plant Zone from Sonic 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just started a 2D map based on Chemical Plant from Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the Genesis/Megadrive. What I have now learned is to make FOF's Move up and down. This is what I've done so far...

srb20020xs0.png

You can't see much as I have just started. I will make Zoom Tubes that sonic can go through like he does in the game.
If anyone is interested with this please tell me. :)

Dash the Hedgehog said:
I've just started a 2D map based on Chemical Plant from Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the Genesis/Megadrive. What I have now learned is to make FOF's Move up and down. This is what I've done so far...

srb20020xs0.png

You can't see much as I have just started. I will make Zoom Tubes that sonic can go through like he does in the game.
If anyone is interested with this please tell me. :)

DAMN!!! You stole my idea!
Ah well, i'm making a 3D chemical plant-like race stage anyway :mrgreen:

awesome! You can use the sonic&tails character in srb2jte and it'll be just like the genisis days. you could probably use the techno hill boss and make it so that instead of shooting a million small glops at once,he charges up one big glop every 6 seconds. you could also make the platforms that are supposed to flip over and make you fall into a bottomless pit by making the platform move up and down really fast every 2 seconds.

It might be possable to soc a CPZ boss. I don't know if I can but it would be cool if it is posstble.

Meh, I don't see what is with everyone and emulating old levels exactly. I myself would much rather recreate them in 3D. And not the fake 3D like SA Online, and that 3D Green Hill topic.
A linear path that you can run off of and die might be 3D, but it's not exercising any of the advantages of it.

I wuvs this!!!! You could probobly use the new loop. If you hav'nt seen the srb2 loop you might want to. You have to light dash, but it'll work with chemical plant, since there are loops in it.

I just had an idea. Why doesn't someone make a SOC that has invisible rings that are automatically lightdashed on when you're going fast enough, but don't add to your count? That would mean you could go through the loops as much as you want, just like the real games.

Because:
1. It's impossible to SOC lightdashable objects.
2. Because of the way SRB2 handles lightdash, as long as the object continues to exist you will continue lightdashing into it, with no escape.

In response to 1: Then copy the ring data and somehow make the described item in the EXE.
In response to 2: Have them respawn after 5 seconds, like the option for multiplayer.

This actually sounds like a pretty nice idea.

Also, why are my replies always at the start of a new page?

Draykon said:
Meh, I don't see what is with everyone and emulating old levels exactly. I myself would much rather recreate them in 3D. And not the fake 3D like SA Online, and that 3D Green Hill topic.
A linear path that you can run off of and die might be 3D, but it's not exercising any of the advantages of it.

what do you mean sa online is "fake 3d?" the levels are work in progress. they are also getting better. i dont mind linear anyway! I just want SPEED not "multiple paths blah blah blah, i just have a need for speed, and thats what the 3D games have provided. ahh, the good ol' orca chase in SA1... good times, good times... /me zones out

Fans like you are the reason the series is stuck in the rut it's in right now.

Ritz said:
Fans like you are the reason the series is stuck in the rut it's in right now.
Quote for the truth. Quote for the fucking truth.

Also, sweet mother of god this is a masterpeice come true. Just make it in 3D style and it will be perfect!

I really dislike how people give praise to something simply because it mimics something else they like. Remember, this is SRB2, not Sonic 2; we do not have slopes, loops, or horizontal moving platforms, all of which are used pretty heavily in Chemical Plant Zone. While the level will look like Chemical Plant Zone, there is very little chance that it will live up to the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back