Master server hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
My server just got hacked out of nowhere! MASTER SERVER IS ON IT!!!! HELP ME!!!! NOT kidding. He isn't appearing on nodes and he can kick and ban! Help! I want it off! How do i fight it!?

Last edited:
My server just got hacked out of nowhere! MASTER SERVER IS ON IT!!!! HELP ME!!!! NOT kidding. He isn't appearing on nodes and he can kick and ban! Help! I want it off! How do i fight it!?

ITS TRUE! I was on his server and he just appeared! He kicked Katty and now he's will probobly come back! Please spread the word about this hacker!

This will blow your mind. Thats not hacking. It's just simply a speech trick to make it look like you say things that you don't say. If you see him, just check the console for the person's name high above the "master server" they're doing it.

Hey guys. What if you all stopped panicking? This is getting somewhat ridiculous, considering we're talking about hacking an open-source video game and not the end of the world.

What he said. ITS GOING TO BE THE END OF THE WORLD?! NO! Its just a game that got you high and you think its important well no its not, just a game live with it, its going away no matter what, and thats all no more...

AHHH!

Hey guys. What if you all stopped panicking? This is getting somewhat ridiculous, considering we're talking about hacking an open-source video game and not the end of the world.
This, dammit. People these days can be so downright silly and reactionary... wait, people were always this way. Nevermind.

This, dammit. People these days can be so downright silly and reactionary... wait, people were always this way. Nevermind.

Still its not like they should be like "ITS GOING TO BE THE END!"
Just... nevermind I Can't believe That they are doing it.

EDIT:@VBOT:ERROR FIXED.

If everyone would stop going "OMGHAAX! BAN THE HAAXOR!" and instead tried to figure out what happened, they would probably realize the "hacking attempt" wasn't actually hacking.

Plenty of times of my server I have see something like this:

<The"h44xorz"*> <Colson>(Inserttexthere*)

*Just an example

Which is obviously a script.

If everyone would stop going "OMGHAAX! BAN THE HAAXOR!" and instead tried to figure out what happened, they would probably realize the "hacking attempt" wasn't actually hacking.

Plenty of times of my server I have see something like this:

<The"h44xorz"*> <Colson>(Inserttexthere*)

*Just an example

Which is obviously a script.
Exactly. They just use alot of spaces to make it look like they're innocent. This is not hacking. This can make it look like someone was kicked, banned, (ect.) If someone uses this, ban them. They just get annoying. Fists invented the "master server" joke, too. And yes, a script file is used to get the ~ to make it look like the "master server" is host.

Sort of like this:
say "(insert alot of spaces here)<Hypone the Mew>(insert message here)" in console. This is not hacking. Just a speech trick.

I've seen this before too... ill be on a server and someone will apear and they'll say something like "I AM MASTER SERVER AND IM GONNA HACK YOUR SERVER" and everyone FREAKS! LITTERALLY! I havent really taken enough time yet to give a shit but this does seem to have alot of people worried for some reason... oh no someone hacked your server! shut it down maybe if its even POSSIBLE to hack a server? tho it seems to be un kick-able cause in the server i was in the host tried to kick him and instead they kicked someone else. we looked on that thing that shows everyones names and crap and he wasnt showing up... i mean all you need to do is think of who is on, the characteristics of the suposed "master server" and at what times theyre on and you should be able to get close to who it is IF they have an actual srb2 account..... the one host actually thought they knew who it was and they were guessing... they said they knew someone who had to do something like this but they couldnt remember their name.... guess we'll just have to put it at quits for now unless the tell us...

Why the heck are they freaking out? Really, if it was actual hacking, you should stay calm.

Also, I didn't even bother to try to read the rest of your post.
1) i have no clue why they would freak out. when ever someone says to me "im gonna hack you!" i just say back "prove it :)"

2) i couldnt give a crap if ya read the rest cause i just noticed this has basicly been revolved.... so the whole rest of my post doesnt matter at all....

Kicking admin from his server IS hacking.
Nope, kicking an admin from their own server would likely be done by kicking the node in the dedicated server window. AKA: it's a prank, fool.

In non-ded servs, consistency failures can still happen to the host, if they enter an illegal command (such as changeteam when allowchangeteam is 0) and their client doesn't catch them (not say commands, hosts and admins are unaffected by mute) they still get kicked like a client. But since the server's operation is embedded into the running client, KABOSH goes the server.

tl;dr: Be quiet, we not-hysterical people know more.

You can make it LOOK like someone was kicked, like this:

say "(insert alot of spaces here)Hypone the Mew has been kicked (Go Away)"

Like that. If your admin, you can aslo kick yourself. This should be fixed.

Exactly like Hypone said I rest my case.

In non-ded servs, consistency failures can still happen to the host, if they enter an illegal command (such as changeteam when allowchangeteam is 0) and their client doesn't catch them (not say commands, hosts and admins are unaffected by mute) they still get kicked like a client. But since the server's operation is embedded into the running client, KABOSH goes the server.

This here makes sense to me so far. I have had someone who was admin in my server to help me with crowd control and he was changing up some settings and he was joking around with the serverchangeteam command. He wanted me to be on his team during a match and once I changed over I got a consistency fail due to an illegal command.

As for the hacking, I doubt anyone is out there hacking the master server. If anyone did, there probably wouldn't be any servers up since he did hi-jack it, kicking the hosts left and right or something worse. Which also begs the question: Why would anyone want to hack servers to a fan game anyways? If you are that bored, there are better things to do than waste your time with a freebie game that has next to nothing in value. It's not like WoW or any other MMO where you hack a player and get all of their loot.

I would also like to throw this out there, as well. You could just host private servers if you fear that someone is going to hack you. Tell your friends your IP address and you can have fun there without the fear of people joining to ruin your game. And the best part is: it isn't listed on the MS so that this so-called "hacker" can't find your server.

Hypone said:

Well, yeah, if you feel like wasting time putting over nine thousand spaces into a say just to trick people. *shot for an over used meme* As for the admin able to kick himself/herself, I believe it was intensional. The server can kick and admin if he/she is doing a bad job or is doing things without the server knowing.

This guy could have srb2 on a flash drive (I know that this is possible because I run srb2 off my flash drive) and he could be running srb2 off another computer w/ the same flash drive. Thus, this explains the different IP addresses

Yeah but people can have but only so many computers. They will eventually all get banned. Computers are really expensive these days. I do see that this person could be using multiple computers in public places like school. Its still not worth all that trouble just to hack a fangame I mean come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back