Srb2 ACC audio Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluecore

Cyansonic
When making Wad Packs. Even when using OGG for the music. It's still the Largest part of the file. Will Srb2 ever be able to play ACC type Music Files?

*Also, Cutting up the Music from the other parts of the wad is kind of lame.*

Alsoo, Wav files take up WAY to much space when I want my Chars to have 4 different Longish Taunts.
Allow All Major Music Types to be used for Taunts.
Please =P

AAC files don't take up less space than OGG. If you want to save space, convert your music file to a lower bitrate.

SRB2's music has a bitrate of less than 100 kbps on average and it sounds fine. If you want to save space, you'll have to accept a loss of sound quality; you can't have it both, no matter what format you use.

And by the way, I don't know why you linked a Youtube video, but Youtube caps its audio bitrate at something like 192 kbps even at 1080p. So no 320 kbps audio on Youtube.

Last edited:
That's not 1 kbps, that's just artificially distorted. I'm getting the feeling you don't really know what you're talking about.

That's not 1 kbps.

No it's 10. My bad
screen2.PNG

I know what sampling rate and bitrate are, and I also know what units they're measured in. Bitrate is measured in bits per seconds and sampling rate is measured in Hertz. The value you highlighted is measured in Hertz, so it can't possibly be the bitrate.

Not only have I no idea what "a half of period" is supposed to mean, this statement is also so absurdly false that I don't even know where to begin. How many bits are used for each sample is dependent on the audio format, but no sensible format uses only two bits per sample. In the standard CD audio format, 16 bits are used per sample, so 1000 Hz would mean 16 kb/s. But that's only for uncompressed audio, which is not what we're talking about, so it makes no sense to equate the sampling rate with the bitrate. And in any case, the number given in your screenshot is still the sampling rate and not the bitrate, and that's not even the sampling rate of the file in question, which the image clearly shows is 32 kHz. The file's bitrate, by the way, is 128 kb/s, the bad sound quality comes from artificial distortion.

And to return to the original point of this topic, OGG sounds sufficiently good at low bitrates that you can cut the bitrate to 128 kb/s or even lower and it'll still sound fine. AAC at the same bitrates will sound worse, probably even audibly so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back