Contest Discussion Topic (2.1.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ddammit, I wanted to submit something for the next OLDC ;( Guess I'm late. Well I don't have any ideas so I was probably going to submit something massively repetitive |:(
But if I'm on time, I may do a speedrun map... as that is what I did with MFZ... Or I may try to think something... Well you get the idea. I'll start something, just need to know if there's still time.

Not only that, there is absolutely no rush. Even if you miss that deadline, there will always be the level design contest after that one too. Feel free to take all the time you need. A good map with a long development cycle is much better than a rushed map.

Just a reminder since we all know you guys are incredibly eager to enter the OLDC as usual, the deadline's in about 8 days from now.

(and by incredibly eager, I mean we have only 3 contest submissions as of writing)

WelloffFrightenedBlacklab.gif

An itty bitty teaser of my CTF entry. Visuals are always awaiting polish.

I'm a failure. I'm a failure. I totally forgot of the OLDC :c. Anyways, can I use my revamp of Mystic Forest from my level pack? I still didn't updated the pack with the map [3lazy5me] and the map has been "overhauled" with a revamp of zones and bla bla bla c:

Haven't gotten my level at a complete enough state to release, so I'll hold off until the next contest.

Though, I've shown off an asset or two that I'm using in the stage recently, so you can take a guess on what the theme is.

I intended to enter in this contest!

I have been having the most stressful time of my life for the past two months that I'm susprised I haven't dropped dead from exhaustion yet, so I guess this isn't happening

Let's do a little something about this graveyard of a topic with a screenshot! This will be part of my next planned OLDC submission (unless I get bored of it and decide to make something else).

OT2bbb6.png

It's intentional that the screenshot tells you almost nothing about the map itself!

regalarchives.png

This was originally supposed to be a rush jobmatch level for the currently ongoing contest, but I didn't finish in time.
then i accidentally started making it not terrible

regalarchives.png

This was originally supposed to be a rush jobmatch level for the currently ongoing contest, but I didn't finish in time.
then i accidentally started making it not terrible
Okay, That looks pretty cool! It'd be nice to see a unique medieval level in daylight. That, and Match needs more love...

Some of my concepts. Coming soon.

srb20020.png

srb20022.png

srb20025.png

srb20026.png

srb20027.png

srb20037.png

srb20038.png

srb20040.png

srb20047.png

srb20046.png

Sorry if I put lot of textures, I fixed this. I changed to white and blue.

Last edited:
Icefox, holy hell, please consider going for a more unified set of textures and not try to fit every single rock in there; it'll end up looking a lot better.

Icefox, holy hell, please consider going for a more unified set of textures and not try to fit every single rock in there; it'll end up looking a lot better.

Hmmmm... Yeah, Im going to fix this another time. I want so see SnowTH's opinion. I know, I made a colorful winter.

Some of my concepts. Coming soon.

srb20020.png

srb20022.png

srb20025.png

srb20026.png

srb20027.png

srb20037.png

srb20038.png

srb20040.png

srb20047.png

srb20046.png

Sorry if I put lot of textures, I fixed this. I changed to white and blue.
Holy shit! Now that is cool! Get it? *ahem* On serious notes, So far that looks nice and- Ok I stop... Just like Iceman404 said, Don't use fuck-loads of textures/flats although you probably did that already. I wish I could enter, But never played SRB2 for a long time now, second I'm terrible. But I'm slowly getting better and-

Hurray for long text-walls or what's-it-called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back