[Open Assets] Physical Attack Lua (Spin attack your friends and enemies alike!)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HitCoder

Launcher Blaster
Ever wanted to jump at other players for them to fly back and lose all their rings? This is what you're looking for. In co-op you can prank your friends and make them give you a lift as Tails, and this script means that when you jump to get off the lift, your Tails buddy will fly back down to the ground (or into a bottomless pit if you're excessively cruel.)
Compatible with all gametypes - currently no friendlyfire support, but hey, you don't have to load this script, do you?
In ringslinger gametypes you are rewarded points for spinning into your enemies! This can be fun if you want to make Match mode more versatile, for those of you whom dislike the idea of throwing your own health at enemies to harm them

Thanks to Duon the Adventurer for the original idea and helping me bugtest. ^^

*KNOWN BUGS*
This does not work with friendlyfire as stated above, however this is fixed in ringslinger gametypes by making sure you don't injure people of the same team.

*INCLUDED FILES*
I have included two extra scripts that I quickly slapped together for homing attacking players. The default one uses a standard homing attack function, the alternative teleports the player to the target/enemy. These haven't been bugtested thoroughly, so use with caution.

Please enjoy. ^^

UPDATE 1: I noticed that the zip file was glitched, probably because I archived the files in Linux. If you have the old version, there's a zip inside the zip, with an incorrect format. Just extract the file with no extension as if it was a zip itself. The file will be updated however, for those who don't understand.
*NOTE* - This makes the filesize 1kb larger... somehow...

UPDATE 2: I updated the PlayerHoming lua, but if you prefer the old one it's still packaged in there for use, named "PlayerHomingOld.lua" Please enjoy, if you find any bugs please let me know. I may also flag this as beta until everything is working perfectly.

UPDATE 3: Fixed bug with the invincibility timer.

UPDATE 4: Duon hosted a server with some friends and they found a bug where spectators can die. Fixed.

UPDATE 5 (2016!): Alyssa/gregory_house updated my Lua script for private uses, it came into the hands of somebody I know and with her permission, her edit of the script "physattk2.lua" is now available to download officially. Thank you! :)

Attachments

• srb20009.gif
    5.1 MB · Views: 1,477
  • srb20005.gif
    2 MB · Views: 1,397
  • srb20006.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,106
  • srb20007.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 950
  • srb20008.gif
    830.8 KB · Views: 1,037
  • physattk.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 1,078
  • PhysAttk2.lua
    2.8 KB · Views: 1,138
Last edited:
This is the only way I will play Match, FOREVER. Seriously, this alternative is so useful for those that suck at match, just be careful when hosting in co-op, your friends will not like you giving them a game over.

This is the only way I will play Match, FOREVER. Seriously, this alternative is so useful for those that suck at match, just be careful when hosting in co-op, your friends will not like you giving them a game over.

That's exactly why I made this :P

And you already know since you were bugtesting it with me and talking to me about it, lmao.

Last edited:
Sonic Robo Brawl 2 Anybody?

It's promising to see this in match, especially on 1v1!

Last edited:
Not sure if this is a case of programming oversight, but in Tag/Hide N' Seek matches, when the IT player physically attacks opponents, the damaged players do NOT become IT. Could you fix this please?

Last edited:
This is something like you would turn on the friendly fire, still good

Not sure if this is a case of programming oversight, but in Tag/Hide N' Seek matches, when the IT player physically attacks opponents, the damaged players do NOT become IT. Could you fix this please?

I will fix as soon as possible. Thank Duon for alerting me of this. ^^

EDIT: Technicall difficulties, apparently BLua doesn't understand the following
--TEST FOR TAG GAMETYPE
if G_TagGametype()
player.mo.target.player.pflags = $1|PF_TAGGED
end

Last edited:
This looks really interesting, this will add a whole new dynamic to match and ctf and make games even more hectic and chaotic, granted it will make sonic even more overpowed but this still looks really promising. I'm just surprised no one thought of this sooner.

I apologize for the previous error i made, holding the custom 1 button while attacking does seem to activate the homing. As well it works well in 2D mode with match as it gives you points for hits and kills. Great for a Brawl-esque server.

I have officially found a new way to play Match. I am no Sharpshooter in this game, so this seems like the next logical step.

bump, small update - gregory_house created a custom update to the lua script which I got permission to post here. Thank you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back