SRB2 Chaos Twilight V2b Released! (Page 15 news)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wha?

Whoa, unless i'm mistaken or srb2ffh is broken it says it's over 3000mb. Is that true? I hope it's not because it looks nice.

Re: Wha?

X27543 said:
Whoa, unless i'm mistaken or srb2ffh is broken it says it's over 3000mb. Is that true? I hope it's not because it looks nice.
That's the total bandwidth this file has used up, not its size. It's only about 7MB.

Sorry for bump, but you guys know the drill now, new announcement.

CHaos Twilight V2 is out now! check the latest updates & new DL link on first page of offical topic.

The new Magma Cavern zone was pretty fun, however, as always there was some deathpit abuse and some parts in act 2 were pretty cheap.
Also, these textures don't fit at all with the rest of the level:
srb20026.png

There was also a colormap problem in this one part:
Above:
srb20028.png

Below:
srb20027.png

That purplish color is really hard on the eyes.

Also, I'm surprised that you didn't fix this, judging from all the complaints that you were getting in relation to this part:
srb20029.png

It's annoying as hell, I even quit the game because I couldn't get on any of the asteroids.
Otherwise, good work! The levels are a bit better, but still cramped in too many places for my tastes.

Damn it, I thought there was 1 part I missed. The bits I fixed were the enemy spots, and a few tweaks in some parts, but forgot that part. Thanks for spotting that, I'll get that fixed in a bit.

Also thanks for spotting the colourmap problem. I don't know why it was purple, I swear I set it to red.

As for the deathpits. I didn't have as many deathpits as I used to in the old releases. I set a deathpit in an area which I think which was suitable, but if you guys arn't too keen with some of them, then I'll remove a few more.

I decided to do a combine of texture as it's made like a cavern/lava cave theme. I'd like to keep it as it is.

I put a blue spring there because yellow will shoot you flying, and there are a few asteroids to land on, but I'll bring some of the asteriods a bit mroe closer. Other from that, thanks for your feedback Ice.

OH! I forgot something major.
Ok, did you mean to put the player start here? I think you started us at at some kind of secret in MVZ2:
srb20025.png

I decided to do a combine of texture as it's made like a cavern/lava cave theme. I'd like to keep it as it is.

Well I know that, but just the textures themselves can be very ugly. There are a lot of other textures that would work better, even these:
srb20030.png

But yea, it's your decision.

I was thinking of something like that, at the time, I wasn't really too intrested, but I may look into it.

Great Mod. The levels are interesting enough (well, the ones that I've played so far ^^;) and I like the emerald hunting, even though I love Special Stages myself.

I can't find too much to complain about. The mod is stable and the levels are fun; my favorite is probably Mineral Valley, so far. Keep up the good work.

Re: SRB2 Chaos Twilight V2 Released!

A fixed version of V2 is out now. Check the first post of the first topic, and details about it.

Hey Hyperknux, I was just taking this out for a spin, and I'm stuck in Zone 1 Act 2 at about (6700, 10000). Either there's nothing beyond this point, or I'm not sure how to go forwards. Either way, could you look at it please?

While I was playing in the first zone's second act, I found a weird wall in OpenGL:

1sm890.png

Also, like BlueZero4 said, I couldn't find a way through the level.

BlueZero4 said:
Hey Hyperknux, I was just taking this out for a spin, and I'm stuck in Zone 1 Act 2 at about (6700, 10000). Either there's nothing beyond this point, or I'm not sure how to go forwards. Either way, could you look at it please?

yeah i am stuck here too. can you help us?

There's no way of getting past it. For some reason, the whole ceiling is lower than it should be, resulting in this block you guys are experiencing.

Ah shoot, I know what the problem was, I've put the ceiling height too low so the rest of the level is inaccessable. Thanks for spotting that guys. Any other bugs that I missed, let me know.

I've also fixed Magma Cavern act 2's colourmap problem. I will do bug fix releases occassionally, but big releases will not be out until ME is out.

So yeah, new link is available from 1st post of the topic.

I have had the new version for a while now. I won't be scoring it yet, but I will tell you this: it's apparent that when you made some of the levels bigger, there were some things you should have fixed to accomodate the Biggie-sized levels but didn't. Now there are a few major issues in the levels, plus you made some of the levels too big. Details when I score! (or if... >_<)

Ok, thnks for reviving this, as this isn't a new update, but it's an announcement.

As you guys may of noticed or not, Chaos Twilight is not being in development for some time due to the upcoming SRB2ME release late next month. I won't be doing anymore work on this until it's out, and I'm not sure if the cfg file is getting updated (I presume it is) but I would like to share what I'm going to do from end of June (planwise) and July onwards.

- Chaos Twilight is getting completely revamped. With new level designs with some new features.

- Act 3 stages may be full length acts. I have thought about this and may go with the idea.

- Icy City is not being a city anymore, that world will be changing to a complete snow themed level, and the confirmed name for it is Icicle Canyon.

- New Scenery may be made, as well as some old spring & scenery possible returning.

- Different secrets & emblem locations.

That is what I have in plan for now.

Why revamp the whole thing? I think that the mod was good enough on it's own before V2 came out, and now with the recent changes and revamping...ugh. Why not just archive this or whatever, and start a new mod? Different concepts, level design, etc. This pack seems to be restricting your mapping progress, and I think that a new pack would be a nice refreshing take on things.
It's your decision though.

I & Ice have talked in wadbase channel about this, and we did come up with some ideas.

Level designs & themes: possibly a sidescrolling train stage, or a burning city, which is triggered in one of the main game stages.

so yes, there will be some levels possibly put into archieves, and completely new levels replacing them.

That's the current new ideas at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back