The "warning" for "bad grammar"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, you should be able to make mistakes. I agree when it's just a stupid thing when people wirte endless sentences that don't have any punctuation, but if we mispell a lot of words but if it is readable, what's the problem then?

On that sentence alone I probably did some mistakes, but you understood what I said didn't you?

The thing is, you should be able to make mistakes. I agree when it's just a stupid thing when people wirte endless sentences that don't have any punctuation, but if we mispell a lot of words but if it is readable, what's the problem then?

On that sentence alone I probably did some mistakes, but you understood what I said didn't you?

no you dont understand if the reader has to actually put in some effort to understand what youre trying to write then that is a huge problem because understanding whats missing in sentence structure is very hard and takes like 1-2 seconds to figure out and those 1-2 seconds could have been totally used on other more important things

No you don't understand; if the reader has to actually put in some effort to understand what you're trying to write, then that is a huge problem. Because understanding what's missing in sentence structure is very hard and takes like 1-2 seconds to figure out. And those 1-2 seconds could have totally been used on other more important things.

But in all seriousness though, I think there is a time and place for certain infractions, and a time and place for them not to be. If someone is attempting to text talk and use numbers in place of letters like a Homestuck Troll or are trying to "1337 speak," then yeah. Infract away. But if it's just punctuation and capitalization... well... at that point I think you're going too far.

Yes, which is why you weren't infracted for it.

This topic seems to go in circles around the same issues that Mystic already addressed on the last page, so let me just lock the topic here. To summarize: We don't expect perfect grammar, punctuation and spelling. We do expect you to make an attempt to be readable. The fact that almost nobody is ever banned because of this rule alone should tell you that most people do just fine when it comes to readability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back