N00bhogs (UPDATED! 5.30.08)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyKirbs

they/them frien
Administrator
Judge
✨ Collaborator ✨
N00bhogs, the most longest running soc I have done. Now it is finally done.

Updated link 2.0(Main server): Link
(Right-click -> Save as...)

The soc replaces allmost all of the enemies in the game, and most of them lose rings just like sonic, let me go down a list.

• Blue crawla: Regular N00bhog - A sonic that walks around and simply jumps.
  • Red crawla: Ringslinger N00bhog - Just like a regular N00bhog, only faster, and can shoot redrings.
  • Crawla commander: Objectplace N00bhog - Slowly moves spawning Ringslinger N00bhogs as it goes, has a health of four.
  • Jettisyn bommer & shooter: Bomb N00bhog - A N00bhog that shoots a bomb ring, and can't jump.
  • Gold & red buzz: Supersonic N00bhog - Explodes when killed, two different speeds, from fast, to HOLY ****.
  • Turret: Rapid-fire abuse N00bhog - Just a turret that shoots Automatic rings.
  • Boss one: Leet N00bhog - A sonic that can thok...and cheat. :/
  • Boss two: Ringslinger Hyper N00bhog - Basicly Leet N00bhog, only he shrows auto-rings and Bomb-rings
Demonstration video

UPDATE (3.26.08): Smallish massive update to N00bhogs, they are:

• Rings now just spawn as one instead of fillions.
  • N00bhogs that can jump will jump baised on the speed it is at.
  • Ringslinger n00bhogs' speed has been decreased.
  • Objectplace n00bhog has lower health.
  • Abit of a placeholder boss for the slimer, it's an objectplace boss.
  • N00BHOG BOSS NOW THOKS BETTER AND CAN SPINDASH.

OTHER UPDATE (5.30.08):
  • N00bhogs now try to copy you-or at least your color-when you die.
  • NEW N00BHOGS SECOND BOSS, MOAR IN HIS DESCRIPTION.
  • Supersonic N00bhogs now fly like airplanes for some reasion.
  • Armeggedion explosions sounds have been reduced.
  • N00bhogs now has a special thing in a certain Mod in a certain unlockable, go check it out. =D

Oh yes, I believe i've picked this up in a server. Anyways... could FearTheSonic.wad be enough? Nah. This looks like an improvement, not just a sprite replacement. Oh, but spawning rings sounds cheap to me. Nice job anyways.

And quite a few months later: Edited this, it has better grammar.

Lol, CEZ2 is a slaughter.

My biggest gripe would be that Sonic is green. Try toying around with A_ChangeColorAbsolute or something.

Also, could you make the exploding sparkles lighting-independant? I know I'm using the wrong term for it, but there's a little checkbox that makes the state appear at full brightness.

lolz0rs 2 mak thm moar powerful lik over 9000 powerz u need 2 giv thm uber-scret mov sonic has called thok itz uber-chaep!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111oneoneone2-1!

I tried it with Mystic Realm, aside from the soc conflicts it makes AGZ easy. However the turret really should be auto-fail.

It would be nice if they were all different colors though. =/

SRB2 Guy said:
Oh, but sopawning rings sounds cheap to me. Nice job anyways.
Almost everyone seems to say that spawning rings from objects is cheap or overpowered. I honestly don't see how it's overpowered.
As for the SOC, it looks pretty interesting. Looks very similar to a wad that I have where it had just sprite replacements of enemies.

SRB2 Guy said:
Blue Warrior said:
The download link is invalid.

It is too for me. Huh? Does anyone else have a messege saying "Account Subspended"? I get it everytime I go there.

-SRB2 Guy

Me three. I really wish there was a requirement to have 2 links to any file at 2 different sites... Sorry for the lack of feedback but it is kinda difficult when you've never played the WAD/SOC.

I added a mirror so people will shut up about SRB2FFH being asploded.

This wins two internets.

My biggest complaint would be that the armaggeddon explosions get really annoying after a while. I would be most grateful if you used some other sound.

I found a glitch!! In mystic realm the n00bhog's shoot red & blue turent fire that hurt!! It gets worse becuse the turrent fire can kill other enemys.

pichukid456 said:
I found a glitch!! In mystic realm the n00bhog's shoot red & blue turent fire that hurt!! It gets worse becuse the turrent fire can kill other enemys.
And it terribly lags due to soc mixing.

pichukid456 said:
I am completely aware of this, I decided to leave it in so it will teach you a lession about soc mixing. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back