What are the major differences between 1.09.2 and 1.09.3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta

Just the things that are important, because I'm wondering if I should download it. The problem is that in netgames, I like to join games that are being hosted by both versions, but I don't want to have to copy my WADs to two folders. Can someone tell me a way around that?

I just copied the entire folder.

Anyway, the major differences...
1. The Spin-Skip manuver allows you to act as a skipping stone.
2. A new multiplayer level lineup.
3. Several new skin options allow for more creative WADs.
4. Action Parameters for SOCs means better SOCs.
5. The camera changes when you climb up a wall.

I know there's more, but I can't think of any.

Pros:
1. The Spin-Skip manuver allows you to act as a skipping stone.
2. A new multiplayer level lineup.
3. Several new skin options allow for more creative WADs.
4. Action Parameters for SOCs means better SOCs.
5. The camera changes when you climb up a wall.
6. More weather types.
7. Circuit Mode.
8. Many new linedef types available for use.

Cons:

1. -noresetplayers removed for Multiplayer. It is only usable in Devmode now, which sets the modifiedgame variable to true.
2. Hacked gamedatas are no longer usable.
3. SRB2JTE is no longer supported until someone can port it back.

What's circuit mode?

OMG no more -noresetplayer? Now how the heck are we gonna cheat to get the emeralds in multiplayer >_>

How can you check the version of an SRB2 that you're playing on?

And finally, could someone might as well tell me some of the pros and cool things of older versions, such as 1.08 and stuff? Like SPMoves, etc.

For the last time, -noresetplayers wasn't removed!
It's been rendered devmode only, meaning you can only use it in singleplayer, probably to test supersonic levels and such.

Draykon said:
For the last time, -noresetplayers wasn't removed!
It's been rendered devmode only, meaning you can only use it in singleplayer, probably to test supersonic levels and such.
Which is, of course, the original intent of the feature. It's a debugging tool, not a cheat code.

you would first go to a map

like a special stage map

map map50

then you'd complete the level with startrings (CHEAP)

startrings 200

then you'd do that map again untill you got all the emeralds

map map50 -noresetplayers

Some difference between the 2 versions.

Hyper forms are taken out of 1.09.3
Super sonic stands when he jumps in 1.09.2 but has jump sprites in 1.09.3
you can skip on water if you have a strong spindash
some character spries are updated

There are many pros and many cons in 1.09.3. Its all about how you like the pros. If you like them alot, and don't care much about the cons, then you will like 1.09.3. And don't worry about -noresetplayers. I know 2 bugs to still do that in multiplay, and otherwise you can make a emerald level with a certain nextmap option. What map will you warp to? map91? mapA1? map02? Whatever you want to!

As a con(?), Zim was taken out.

As a pro, there are several new character abilities, including

Glide without Climb
Float (SuperSonicMan style, thing SuperSonic float only you don't have to be moving)
Double Jump
Slowed descent (Think E-101 and E-123)
Swim

Well, I have a couple of things to say...

1) We all know that cheating in netgames to get the emeralds is wrong, but still, it's a lot of fun to become Super Sonic anywhere in the game rather than wasting a lot of time. It shouldn't have been taken out in multi because there are no records or anything there anyway, so it doesn't matter if someone cheats or not.

2) Could someone answer my questions earlier in the topic? ^_^

3) I downloaded 1.09.3, but it says that a WAD file is missing when I run it, and no music plays. Any solutions?

Argh, I did that, but the graphics are competely messed up when I play. The levels look extremely pixelated, and the console is HUGE, as well as any text that is typed. x_x Hellpp...

...You didn't change your resolution to something higher than 640x400. :/
Change it.

My res is higher than that, so I have no idea why this is happening >_>
Well, I guess I could live without 1.09.3 until the next version comes out (whenever that happens).

The resolution in the game, man, not the desktop. Fullscreen games have their own resolution.
Options->Video options (or summat)-> Video Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back