Version 2.1 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Mario Koopa Blast...

This one's straightforward. What comes to mind when I say: "WELCOME TO WARP ZONE!"?

Argh! You betrayed me, Emblem Hints! This one took forever to find because I kept on trying to do this.

The irony is that its hiding place is straightforward. If I had ignored the Emblem Hints and just tried to find the emblems blind, it probably would've been the first one I found.

Thank you very much Sonic Team Junior for making this game. I just love how everything that has been added/changed makes SRB2 so awesome. This is one of the best updates I've seen so far. The only thing that annoys me is that blue texture that you put in the menus (instead of the GFZ like one from 2.0). It's not an important thing, but why have you done that? It looks too simple. Other than that, 2.1 is awesome!

I have an undying lust for hearing Metal Robotnik's laugh during the final boss fight in version 2.0. After realizing that he laughs even more in this update gives this game my utmost approval. Thanks for fixing the sound test as well.

2.1.2 patch is released; you can get it here.

* You can now collect the hidden emblems in record attack; you still can’t get the record attack emblems in the normal game, though.
* Fixed a major issue with joining mid-round in netgames. Hopefully this should help deal with a lot of the quirky behavior netgames are currently experiencing.
* Fixed an issue where adding WAD files while running a server would always remove you from your own server.
* Fixed an issue with one of the secret stages being impossible to complete.
* Fixed a bunch of little level errors.
* Fixed a bunch of other minor bugs.

Version 2.1.2 Patch

Posted by Mystic on 03-17-2014 11:47 AM.

As usual with a big release, we’re overloaded with bugs and we’re still in the process of hammering them out. This patch works for either 2.1.0 or 2.1.1 and fixes the following:

• You can now collect the hidden emblems in record attack; you still can’t get the record attack emblems in the normal game, though.
  • Fixed a major issue with joining mid-round in netgames. Hopefully this should help deal with a lot of the quirky behavior netgames are currently experiencing.
  • Fixed an issue where adding WAD files while running a server would always remove you from your own server.
  • Fixed an issue with one of the secret stages being impossible to complete.
  • Fixed a bunch of little level errors.
  • Fixed a bunch of other minor bugs.
Please keep reporting any bugs you continue to find on the Bug Reports forum. You’ve all already been a big help in this regard.

View on SRB2.org

Some of my thoughts on SRB2.1...

> GFZ1's touches add a lot to the level, and I like that you can find every shield except the Elemental Shield in the level now. Look for secrets (if you can call them that ;D), and you shall recieve.

> The ending change to GFZ2 was pretty neat too - while the second token got removed (D;) you still decided to reward players who knew where it used to be anyway. Also kind of pleased about the removal of Red Crawlas - there REALLY didn't need to be another Crawla type, especially when the Red Crawla is almost identical to the CastleBot FaceStabber.

> GFZ3.. haha, GFZ3. I do think that this MIGHT be a bit too difficult for starting players, I had a lot of fun with it, and the new attack patterns totally caught me off-guard the first time.

> The changes to THZ1 were pretty neat, though I can't help but feel dissapointed by the buoyant slime.. I expected it to be faster. It seems to be more an annoyance when you enter the slime now.. "Ugh, now I have to wait another 5 seconds to get out". Loving the other changes to the zone, too - especially "hiding" the second emerald token - while it's still in a pretty obvious location, you wouldn't know about it unless you backtrack. Neat. (Although GETTING that token's annoying, but a well-timed spindash-jump did the job)

> THZ2.. I love it. Took absolutely ages to get the Time Attack emblem (I used Knuckles after), though I did notice that after a few minutes in, I stumbled across this room.. laser path in front, crusher path to the left - just like the old THZ2 start. And they're throughout the level from this point, too.. amazing! ;D (Also neat how the ending part is kind of in reverse now - you coming OUT from where the end post used to be)

> THZ3.. Not falling off is a welcome change, but I feel that the boss is WAY too easy compared to GFZ3's boss. There needs to be more danger, or give Eggman a WAY less predictable attack pattern - even if it's just him leaving his "circle" that he does for the first five hits (as it's now five to enter Boss Panic Mode, instead of six)

> DSZ1 and DSZ2 really didn't change too much, though I'm glad you made the part beyond the waterslide section easier - restarting that was annoying, so STAIRS YAY.

> DSZ3.. was the first change I DISliked. While the 2.0 battle was pretty bad.. this isn't much of an improvement. The shallower water just makes it so that Eggman electrocutes you that much faster when you enter (which seems to happen a lot more now :T) and it's pretty difficult to fetch your rings from within the water anyway - better off just getting to the spring with 0 rings and fetching more from the top. Also, the Boss Panic Mode for DSZ3 is just terrible (though I think it was made worse for me as one of the Eggmans appeared completely black, as if it was a shadow - OpenGL glitch?) There is no way to determine which of the Eggmans you're supposed to hit (though thankfully you just get bounced back and not damaged if you pick the wrong option)

> CEZ1.. I like most of the changes, they just take a bit of getting used to - though getting out of that water pool as Sonic took way longer than it should have. I do like that a lot of the water pools (which offered instant death) have been replaced with ordinary death pits though - makes the danger much more obvious.

> CEZ2.. WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE FORCE SHIELD :U - Joking aside, I actually quite like the changes here - the "short" path of CEZ2 is now actually much longer, making it feel much more of a level than before. The lack of a laser in the upper path completely took me off-guard, though - I expected there to BE danger. :T (Though I can see why you removed it)

> CEZ3.. <3 One of my favourite bosses added in the update. Figuring out the Eggscalibur attack pattern was fun.. though I have to ask - what's with that drain? Leftover temporary sprite? Grafitti?

> ACZ1 didn't change too much, though I miss the spring-start it had. Glad there's a second (and surprisingly MORE difficult) path below the conveyor bit at the end, though. Still one of my favourite levels!

> RVZ1 didn't change too much either, though the changes that DID happen, I'm glad they did. Even the swirly fire things after you get the Whirlwind Shield. The heat is on from this level onwards.. pun COMPLETELY INTENDED.

> And then ERZ1.. Ohoo, ERZ. I do like the changes to ERZ1 - except the addition of the Elemental Shield in the first space section. Considering this is EGG ROCK ZONE, was that REALLY neccessary? I would have just added a few more oxygen pockets to ease the player into the no-oxygen idea, personally.

> ERZ2.. Like before, I am liking a lot of the changes. The addition of the wall-climbing enemies (forget their names :T) is pretty neat, except in the dissapearing platform section. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Ughhh it's the wind tunnel all over again

> ERZ3.. Surprisingly difficult, yet FUN (though I think the fun is beacuse by the time I reached ERZ3, I had 54 lives and 7 continues) Took me a fair few tries to beat, and that Metal Sonic fight right at the end took me by surprise (though I couldn't figure out how to hit him for a minute, I don't think that should be changed, though - discovery makes a fight fun, except when the boss can one-shot [looking at you, 2.0 ERZ3...] Metal Sonic can't really one-shot unless you're doing something REALLY stupid though, which is nice.)

> And finally, ERZ4.. which I can only describe as "anticlimactic". While I DO prefer the fight over 2.0's Final Boss, I will say that this fight was rather easy, especially when compared to the fight with Metal Sonic. It took me only a handful of tries before I had the boss completely down. The rocket attack is annoying (dat knockback, yo), but easily dodged and the Rail Ring attack is pretty neat too (though I do think that the player should get a bit more time to react to it: +0.5 seconds, perhaps?)

> Also, special stages. LOVING the fact that the special stages are now NiGHTS levels - although I did find the later stages rather easy. SS7 only took me six tries to beat (and I think MegaGWolf did it in even less) Haven't tried SS8 yet though, but I've heard that it's really difficult. Looking forward to it.
> Liking the fact that the Infinity Ring is back! Pretty useful having an emergency stock of Red Rings whenever you need to attack in a dire situation. Kind of gives me a reason to USE Red Rings, really. (Though I'm too used to Scatter~)

> The new stages.. I haven't had a proper change to play with them yet - SRB2 doesn't play too nicely with my mouse, and making small movements with it is next to IMPOSSIBLE. (Also why I use Scatter)

> The removal of the Circuit stages.. RIP. :< I quite liked the Circuit levels, actually - I'd love to see a WAD pop up with the circuit levels returned.

> Race mode is pretty fun too - though I have to ask, WHY is altering the Countdown Timer counted as a CHEAT? Especially with the longer levels, I wanted to increase the timer to 3 minutes or something. Nice to see that items respawn, though.

> Glad Grenade got changed, do rail next plz (Or just allow us to disable individual weapon panels from spawning. It'd be nice to play a rail-free Match without being restricted to Red Rings.)

> Also glad that lives were fixed in co-op mode: You can actually EARN lives and they'll STAY and YES YES YES.

There is no way to determine which of the Eggmans you're supposed to hit (though thankfully you just get bounced back and not damaged if you pick the wrong option)

The sprites are different, actually. The fake Eggys are even fatter than the real one.

Well I can say this is "Cool," and I hope many user can create their own server because in that version 2.0 many did not get the chance, good job.

I have to say.. the developers really outdid themselves with this update. One thing I really like about this update are the new Lua scripting capabilities.
There is something about the update though that I don't Understand. Why didn't you just re do Mario Koopa Blast?

Some of my thoughts on SRB2.1...
*Bunch of spoiler-hidden things*

Waitwaitwait, there's an 8th Special Stage? What needs to be done to access it? When I tried warping to it, the game said it needed to be unlocked. It's not stated within the Secrets Checklist though...

Waitwaitwait, there's an 8th Special Stage? What needs to be done to access it? When I tried warping to it, the game said it needed to be unlocked. It's not stated within the Secrets Checklist though...
Get the NiGHTS mastery emblem.

What SCORE do you need to get to even get an A in NiGHTS. The requirements seem ridiculous.

(*COUGH* Would help if there were notifications for what you had to aim for *COUGH*)

It's the same with record attack, I have no idea how high of a score I'm supposed to get.
And it's insane how you're expected to get a PERFECT BONUS in every stage for an emblem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back