SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 05-03-2008   #601
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Save the Discussion for the Discussion topic please!

My suggestions for today:

1. Bumpers. Like the ones in Sonic 3's special stages, and Carnival Night Zone.

2. Pose sprites for when you finish a level, just before the scores come. This should be optional for custom characters, so you don't have to put in extra work just to get your character working right if this idea is used.

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #602
fickleheart
ms reflec beat stan

I would like to suggest a blank HUD sprite(s), along with a number/set of numbers that is unused. I would also like a "Linedef Executor - Add Floor to Custom HUD", which would use the floor height as a value to add to the custom HUD value, with negative numbers subtracting, and using the X offset to determine which number if more than one are available. And also a "Linedef Executor - Set Custom HUD to Floor". Self explainatory if you read the description of the other one. Maximums, minimums, and positions of the custom HUD would be set with SOCs, and the HUD sprite would be an image in the WAD, preferably CUSTHUD1, CUSTHUD2, and so forth for however many there are.
Old 05-04-2008   #603
Chengi
I like your attitude!

Id Really like to see a linedef action that triggers crushers (Or pits) when you step on them. It would be perfect for THZ2.
Steam
Tumblr
Chengi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #604
Sik

A FOF intangible from top? That would do quite well for the elevator example and also could be used for other things too.

Source of my avatar: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/427405
Zen forums: http://zenforums.ipbfree.com
Sik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #605
Flame
"It's ok, I like you too!"

I do know that 1.1 is going to have 2D-to-3D switching while inside levels.
How about making a set of linedef executors/FOFs that only work in 2D mode and the same thing for 3D mode?
 '---" -(_ /._)--'(_\_)
Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #606
Luminous

More scenery items, for places like mountains and Hill Top-like levels.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #607
Ash
Permanently Banned

A "block projectiles" linedef flag.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #608
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

I think this may have been more appropriate in the SRB2Dev Blog, in which SSNTails said to post our ideas for ACZ, but I decided to post it here instead...

I'm thinking this idea could be used for the mine carts, yet I'm not sure it's already been used... When it's moving, maybe at some point along it's path you may have to jump off the mine cart to land in another, otherwise the track may end at a death pit where the mine cart and you go off the track where it's already broken, or the mine cart will continue along without falling into a death pit.

But maybe you're supposed to go off the track, heading for the death pit... and then there could be a ledge/platform which you could jump onto before the mine cart falls into the death pit with you in it!

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Old 05-14-2008   #609
Sik

If the mine cart is a polyobject, I warn you that the level would get scrambled as soon as the mine cart reaches the death pit, as polyobjects can't cross linedefs.

People, polyobjects aren't magic, they give way more flexibility, but don't think that magically you'll be allowed to do everything, OK? It's just moving the vertices. Don't get surprised when you find out that polyobjects move but the flat textures don't :P

Old 05-14-2008   #610
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Why not make the flats on a polyobject scroll in the same direction and speed as the polyobject, so that the flat textures look more like they're part of the polyobject when it's moving?

Old 05-16-2008   #611
Luminous

The Emerald Token idea isn't very classic. We should have the Starposts as gateways to Special Stages, and LampPosts can be the generic checkpoint. The Emerald Tokens can be replaced with Super Emeralds, with at least one in each Act, and they are very hard to find.
Old 05-16-2008   #612
Ezer.Arch
ArchPack developer

Well... here I go...

freezeplayer [playername/node]

Freeze/unfreeze a player by his node or name. Works only coop mode and Server or Game Admin only.

A frozen player can't move in x,y,z-axis until server unfreezes him; but he can rotate and use say command. If a player has been frozen in midair (e.g. jumping), player won't fall when server unfreezes him, so it'd work like a pause.

Think: You're the server, you've opened a netgame and earned some players, then you say:

Quote:
<Server> Nobody complete the level until everyone has arrived at end level!!!
But... someone hurries up and is getting close to endlevel, and no token found. So you use freezeplayer command to stop that hurried player until everyone else can complete the level together.

tunes [zero, slot or default]

Works like current tunes command: you type a slot, the current song is changed. But, let's suppose you want default song come back, but you don't know the slotnumber. So you could type:

Code:
tunes default or tunes -1
The default song of level comes back, so you no longer need to know all slots for every levels as before.

seeip [playername/node]

If a player just got out to scape from a ban, you'll be able to his IP though, then you can ban his IP so that he can't get into your netgame again. Server or Game Admin only.
Old 05-17-2008   #613
Sik

Things can trigger linedef executors. Now add the inverse: linedef executors that can trigger an action in a thing, or deal damage to a thing, or make a new thing, or something. Could be useful to make some complex bosses (with their graphics made of sectors instead of things).

Also, another action for things, that allow them to trigger a linedef executor but of the sector they're on currently.

Old 05-17-2008   #614
Sik

Or they could just change the amount of rings and time for each Special Stage :P

Old 05-18-2008   #615
Luminous

Multiplayer-only Zones. As in, levels where the two have to work together, Sonic and Tails style, possibled named Puzzle Mode in the 2-Player section. You can restart levels through the pause menu, but you can choose who is Sonic and who is Tails at the start, and can't change back.
Old 05-19-2008   #616
Ash
Permanently Banned

Rather than having a "No Fly" special, there should be "No Thok", "No Fly", "No Glide/Climb", and "No Special Abilities" types.
Old 05-19-2008   #617
Ash
Permanently Banned

Instead of having a monitor special and other special sounds (Invincibility, Speed Shoes, 1UP, Drowning, etc.) totally take over the music and force the track to start over, how about making the main track fade out extremely low, have the sound play, and then fade back in where it continues?
Old 05-19-2008   #618
Kaysakado

Speaking of music, when someone have invincibilty or speed shoes in a netgame, a sound effect of whatever music you have should come from the player's location, except the player can't hear it. This way, when someone is near someone who has invincibility or speed shoes, they can hear it.

In a completely unrelated note, I think that there should be a different way of movement - the variables for top speed and acceleration instead become variables in an equation for your acceleration based on how long you've been running, the aforementioned variables, and whether or not you're on a slope (Explained later). The equation should eventually go into the negatives, but the engine should just treat this as 0. This was how all the Genesis Sonic games after Sonic 1 worked, and probably how most of the 3D games work.

As for the slope physics thing: a sector would be linked to a linedef, which would be facing in the direction the slope goes down, and the length of the linedef would be the angle the slope's at. This would have more uses than just the equation for the movement.
Old 05-21-2008   #619
Kaysakado

Change Sonic's running sprites to the figure-8 peelout. You already have the peelout sprites from the intro to the game, just edit out the legs from the current sprite.

Make the credits theme a medley of all the background musics, a la Sonic 1.
Old 05-21-2008   #620
Senku Niola
Drifting Golden Swordsman

Well the stone shoes seems like a good idea in a way, it can weigh and slow down the player. Jump being lower, speed being slower, ability being nerfed in a way. Sonic's thok would arch downward cause of the weight and slow him down somehow, Tails's flying would require faster tapping of the jump key or whatever, Knuckles would arch downward like Sonic's thok, double jump is kinda obvious what would happen, Supersonic float......maybe would act somewhat like the slow fall ability but a bit slower, slow fall itself would be affected in the fall time like gliding is, swimming see fly. Springs would be weaker for the player as well. Spindash would go only half as far or something too.
Senku Niola is offline   Reply With Quote