Megaman Zero wad (Zero.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, If you want, I Could Make a Megaman X(From X, X2, and X3) Only if you would want to, but other than that, you helped and I'll make sure you are credited ONLY if you want some credit, even a little...You helped though!

MegamanZero29292 said:
Well, If you want, I Could Make a Megaman X(From X, X2, and X3) Only if you would want to, but other than that, you helped and I'll make sure you are credited ONLY if you want some credit, even a little...You helped though!
Thanks. I guess I'll take a little credit since I didn't help that much. And I'm not too fimiliar with how megaman looks in megaman X but yeah, I'll help out as much as I can.

Here's a screnshot:
2h6ablx.png

And another:
2qcjl0o.png

Pretty cool if you ask me.

MegamanZero29292 said:
Hey, I used your Screens on the front page so people looking at this will see him and consider using him(Like you)
Nice. Even though it's beta it's still preety awesome, unlike the beta goku. As for the megaman WAD, we, (yes I said we) are working on a bass WAD as well. So anyway, enjoy.

As soon as I get on my Windows again, I will add a new update(Hence, Finish Sign, 1-Up box, And Blue Crawla Enimies)
Until then, I'm going to play Srb2, and wait to see what people say about my wad.
Please note wether the Super Form Music is working for Zero or not...thank you!

If you did that MegamanZero, you'd be basically making a Mod pack, which means you have to make levels. I suggest 2D levels that fit the WAD, like the mario levels. I'll help you with that too if you need any help.

MegamanZero29292 said:
I'm not really going to make a mod...Levels are to hard for a nOOb like me XD
Well then it'd be a Mod without levels. Either way changing the enimies would count as a major alternation.

Well, I'm only changing Enimies, bosses, music, and...sheilds...so I geuss I kinda would be a mod...But I geuss People might like the origional stuff so I'll add all this stuff seperate...I wonder what people would think of that...

MegamanZero29292 said:
Well, I'm only changing Enimies, bosses, music, and...sheilds...so I guess I kinda would be a mod...But I guess People might like the original stuff so I'll add all this stuff seperate...I wonder what people would think of that...
Fix'd it.
EDIT: I'd like because I used to have megaman zero and it was awesome. I'll even help some more. Oh and fix'd some more.

I think we're the only two posting, anyways >.>

Back on Topic

It's not in the Forum for Download but I just finished the Blue Crawla replacement Sprites, more info coming soon.

MegamanZero29292 said:

Back on Topic

It's not in the Forum for Download but I just finished the Blue Crawla replacement Sprites, more info coming soon.
That's good. There will be more info on remakes of the zero, megaman, and bass WADs.

SparkTheHedgehog said:
MegamanZero29292 said:

Back on Topic

That's good. There will be more info on remakes of the zero, megaman, and bass WADs.

Actually, I don't think they will be remade, The Zero Wad is 89% finished and the megaman X is 30% and the Bass Wad is 0% finished...one step at a time :Sweat:

Edit:My plan was to release the ALMOST 95% finished Zero Today but I am not allowed on the Family Comp. (Windows) So I have to stick with My Comp. (Apple/Mac) So It won't be released to almost completion until Tommorrow.

MegamanZero29292 said:
I read the rules, It says Sprite rips Aren't allowed IF They suck really bad
Seems like YOU didn't read the rules.
Mystic said:
12. Do not post recolors, sprite rips, music replacements, or timer socs.

I might also add that no matter how good a sprite rip looks, it doesn't fit the SRB2 style most of the time and thus is awful.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
MegamanZero29292 said:
I read the rules, It says Sprite rips Aren't allowed IF They suck really bad
Seems like YOU didn't read the rules.
Mystic said:
12. Do not post recolors, sprite rips, music replacements, or timer socs.

I might also add that no matter how good a sprite rip looks, it doesn't fit the SRB2 style most of the time and thus is awful.

Mystic said:
Sprite rips, where you simply take a sprite from another game, which generally doesn't look anything like the art in SRB2, and put it into an SRB2 character. While it's possible to make a good sprite rip into a character, it almost always looks awful. Don't do this unless you know exactly what you're doing.

It may say that right there but this is Also what Mystic Said about Sprite Rips
What the bolded means is that Sprite Rips are normally bad on SRB2 because they aren't Srb2 style, BUT, Mystic also states not to do this UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING...which would mean you can do it, but it needs to be a good Wad. Like mine(hence that if you downloaded it, you'd noticed that I changed the Sprites Colorings to fit SRB2's Plattlette)

MegamanZero29292 said:
... BUT, Mystic also states not to do this UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING...which would mean you can do it, but it needs to be a good Wad. Like mine(hence that if you downloaded it, you'd noticed that I changed the Sprites Colorings to fit SRB2's Plattlette)
HAHAHA, OH WOW. You've got to be kidding.
To be honest, even though it says that almost all sprite rips are bad, I hate to call this wad 'good' in any way. The sprite only has one angle, which is an extreme letdown. This looks like it was only designed for 2D levels in mind, and 2D mode is horrible so I doubt that people would be using it in that mode. I also might add that the 2D gameplay sucks. It also doesn't matter if you made the colors fit to the srb2 pallete anyway, the pallete for SRB2 also sucks as it is and pixelated meshes like this wind up having their colors screwed over and non-proper shading added to them. I see this within the screenshots.

So there's my reasoning for why this wad is an abomination.

EDIT: I just noticed what Ash typed, and I'm pretty much agreeing with him.

Well, at least I'm getting some constructive critisism, I'm glad you guys feel that way, in fact, you can feel anyway you want to, that was the point of me posting it here, to be told how it's good or bad...and by the way...I have an Update, my update is BETTER than just the regular Zero wad.(PLEASE READ THE POST GOING WITH THE UPDATE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back