Super Smash Bros. Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if he did, then clearly he's a tad late. This topic is 5 months old. Anyone who remotely cared has obviously already clicked it.

I love our staff at SRB2. <3 <3 <3

Also:
Downloading SSBS off of this forum, or without registering an account and making a legitimate 10 posts (or the current way at the time to obtain the download) on VGAForums.com is illegal and against our terms of service.

lolololoolololol

If they have to make people post 10 posts to get it, the creators must be idiotic, and it must be a horrible game. Anyway, this topic fails.

Re: Terms of Service Violation

VGAForums said:
All users involved with this illegal distribution of SSBS have been permenantly banned from VGAForums.com.

P.S., No one cares.

VGAForums said:
Administrators of this forum should also take action upon the members involved with the illegal distribution of SSBS. If no action is taken by the administrators of this forum, SSBS will contact your host provider to have your web account frozen for copyright infringement.

Okay, so you want the Administrators to ban EVERYONE who could have possibly downloaded the game? Especially when they've done nothing wrong? (Not to mention it would be impossible to tell who actually downloaded it, in which case, you'd have to ban either everyone who posted/saw the topic, or every member on the forums.)

Then, you go and say that you'll contact the host provider if they don't do what you say. Well, let's think. Would Sepwich remove SRB2 for a topic to a game made with an engine they did not make (and do not own the copyright to), and characters they did not make (and do not own the copyright to)? Absolutely not. By the way, you can't do ANYTHING about copyright infringement in this matter, simply because the game is free, is not under your (or the author's) copyright license, and is not claimed by Sonic Team Jr. in any way.

I dunno, just sharin' my thoughts. It's fun to elaborate! Although, Mystic pretty much covered everything there was to say about what he posted. =S

P.P.S., you made a bit of spelling errors in your post. Tsk tsk, not a good example for the rest of the forum, I'd say.

Suddenly Mystic's post made my faith in this community grow exponentially.

Great job, man. I just wish I could do the same. Ah well, guess I should go back to working on Gyro then.

Well, this is Xihark. The guy who was in charge until I left some dumb administrator to help me do stuff by posting here. And it was a big mistake. Big isn't even the proper term.

Well, lemme just state what I want to state.

1. Quite obviously, I of course can't express my apologies to the community here for this because no word could describe how big it is. Suing for copyright infridgement was not my intention, and isn't remotely possible as Mystic stated.

2. Before anyone starts saying something sucks, something is terrible, maybe you should read Mystic's own rules. Why is it terrible? I don't know. Is Sonic doing something like this in-game terrible because it isn't related to the series? Saying something like that would help me a lot more than just laughing at me.

sonic_ownage.png

The picture above is NOT intended for advertising purposes. I want a serious reaction.

3. A follower of mine found this thread though a lucky Google search as Jazz stated. And it obviously lead to this.

4. To Segmint: Nothing wrong? After agreeing to a set of rules, the members earlier in this topic distributed the private beta. And I'm being blamed for it. But I guess it is useless to say that, isn't it? The members did do something wrong; but of course, threatening the future of this website is much more severe.

5. The 10 post idea was stupid; it died early. That's too obvious.

Tch, we've been around for three years and then we died in two days. Pretty pitiful, isn't it? But you all can believe what you want. ;)

VGAForums said:
2. Before anyone starts saying something sucks, something is terrible, maybe you should read Mystic's own rules. Why is it terrible? I don't know. Is Sonic doing something like this in-game terrible because it isn't related to the series? Saying something like that would help me a lot more than just laughing at me.

I'm assuming people assumed the game was terrible because of the laughable "10 legitimate post" concept. I figure that most people assumed that the game had to be pretty stupid if some forums had to force you to make 10 posts to download it.

I know I never played the game, and I assumed it was terrible based on the above concept, thats all. It is possible that some of the other people who said it was terrible were acting under the same logic.

Personally, I think Mystic was the only one who actually made an effort to find the game, but as he said, the link was broken. So none of us are actually in any condition to say whether the game sucks or not.

VGAForums said:
Lol, you make people do 10 posts? That reminds me of Gaming Gutter. You guys are probably saying "This is the best game Ever!!" And when the people who downloaded the game said it's no different, you'd try to make another one. Cleary 10 posts fail. The person could've just registered. Why did you make them do10 posts so they could review? That's the dumbest idea ever. That's like saying you have to do 10 posts on this forum to play SRB2.

VGAForums said:

Ha ha, that's the best crap I've heard all year. This game could be altered to your likings, and you game? You're forced. You obviously haven't had the best of both worlds.

Personally, you couldn't ever sue youself.
[/i]

Did you even read VGAForums' last post supersonic45?

He axed the 10 post idea, right there in that snippet you quoted. He just stated right there that the 10 post idea failed, and was removed. Why are you saying that he still enforces this 10 post rule?

supersonic45 said:
VGAForums said:

Ha ha, that's the best crap I've heard all year. This game could be altered to your likings, and you game? You're forced. You obviously haven't had the best of both worlds.

That last part doesn't even make any sense. VGAForums is asking us why we think his game is horrible. It has absolutely nothing to do with what you just posted.

supersonic45 said:
Personally, you couldn't ever sue youself.

That would be yourself*. Noting of course that nothing in either of his posts had anything to do with suing himself. He threatened litigation against SRB2 in the first post, apologized for it in the second post.

Maybe you want to go back and actually read both of VGAForums' posts in more detail before you comment on anything else...

Also, isn't the ten post idea technically illegal because he doesn't own the copyright, and he's technically making us pay? he axed it anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Kaysakado said:
Also, isn't the ten post idea technically illegal because he doesn't own the copyright, and he's technically making us pay? he axed it anyway, so it doesn't matter.

He's not making a profit, just making his forum grow, that's perfectly legal.

VGAForums said:
Well, this is Xihark. The guy who was in charge until I left some dumb administrator to help me do stuff by posting here. And it was a big mistake. Big isn't even the proper term.
What? Why'd you admin an Idiot? You just made your entire forum look really bad.

VGAForums said:
Isn't that mandatory to be a member here?

VGAForums said:
Useless sonic meme or something.
Again: what? Epic fail.

VGAForums said:
4. To Segmint: Nothing wrong? After agreeing to a disclaimer, the members earlier in this topic distributed the private beta. And I'm being blamed for it. But I guess it is useless to say that, isn't it? The members did do something wrong; but of course, threatening the future of this website is much more severe.
Duh. You're sharing an accont with him. It also wouldn't hurt to go by something other than your forum name. Advertisement is for sigs.

VGAForums said:
Your other administrator doesn't think so.

Lol, you make people do 10 posts? That reminds me of Gaming Gutter. You guys are probably saying "This is the best game Ever!!" And when the people who downloaded the game said it's no different, you'd try to make another one. Cleary 10 posts fail. The person could've just registered. Why did you make them do10 posts so they could review? That's the dumbest idea ever. That's like saying you have to do 10 posts on this forum to play SRB2.

For someone like me, saying "this is the best game ever" is completely opposite of me (Xihark)...seeing how I have very low self-esteem. But you can think that if you want.

I did the ten post rule because I needed to be able to temporarily isolate users in the MUGEN community...most who love to steal work. These users can't find a Youtube link that's placed right in front of their faces and charge into any situation boldly. They have no common sense. So I decided to use something like this to tell if members are MUGEN users or not so I wouldn't get my stuff stolen. Yes, that is how stupid I see them. Go on Youtube and some other media sharing sites and have a look. Inevitably, I found a way in-game to prevent that from happening, so good bye to this rule. I did consider negative reactions from other communities but if that means not getting my and others' work stolen... all in. Some people went through with this dumb rule, and so they got to try out the private beta.

After agreeing to a bunch of rules as I said before, this is what happened. One giant mess. This whole thing was a big mistake because the negative reactions outweigh the thievery.

That would be yourself*. Noting of course that nothing in either of his posts had anything to do with suing himself. He threatened litigation against SRB2 in the first post, apologized for it in the second post.

Once again, I can't express my apologies for a fellow administrator posting something like that. He has his rights stripped by me as well. I doubt I can ever get away with such a thing, but yes, I am very sorry. Sorry is an understatement too...

This is not the same person who made the first post, and I changed the password to this account because I beat it out of him. Just an "FYI."

He's not making a profit, just making his forum grow, that's perfectly legal.

I'm not making a profit, true. I am abiding by the Elecbyte's policy (who is the engine's creator.) They say that you may absolutely not distribute any game made in their engine for real money. Not doing that. This game similar to many other fangames on the net is completely free of charge...it just serves as a way for getting entertainment.

You forgot lame.

Please don't be stupid. It is OK to hate people. However, you do not have to continuously rub things in and make matters worse for them. Be a bit more sensable. Thinking it is one thing, but putting hate into an action is another.

Duh. You're sharing an accont with him. It also wouldn't hurt to go by something other than your forum name. Advertisement is for sigs.

This is also in responce to "Why'd you admin an idiot."

Don't play stupid with me, because nobody purposely "admins" an idiot. This situation does show not everyone can be trusted. No matter HOW they seem. It is very disturbing, but I guess I'll just have to accept the truth. This is also definitely something to consider on my part, because I admin'd this guy as well.

That admin also made this account. I am sure I mentioned not to make an account with this name and to simply, PM Mystic regarding this matter.

I'm fully aware of how craptacular my forum looks now. You don't need to state the obvious.

Isn't that mandatory to be a member here?

No it isn't. You can break those rules, but if you do, there will obviously be some punishment. If anyone wanted to, they could register on these forums, skip any disclaimers and Mystic's posts and just start posting. Of course, everyone will laugh at those people.

I didn't expect much for very long, but I guess people can't handle it...

You had to bump it, didn't you? Well, I might as well respond then.

Anyway, I do not feel like making this game downloadable until I set up a good public presentation. Slapping the link in a thread is very slapdash (no pun intended,) and very boring. At minimum, a subsite will be created to host the download along with a few pictures plus some videos, possibly. In the future, it will do more than that though. And now, with this thread going in its current direction, I'm unsure of the future to some extent.

To sum up things in short. In the future, it will be completely free and anyone can download it. It was inevitable.

Before any more hate comments come up. Maybe you might want to see what is actually going on before you speak. You probably can't do any better and nobody will stop me from what I love doing.

You are bringing it up to the very top, that's the point. I don't need any more insulting comments. And it is right next to the Brawl topic.

You can all say what you want. Just if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it.

VGAForums said:
Before any more hate comments come up. Maybe you might want to see what is actually going on before you speak. You probably can't do any better and nobody will stop me from what I love doing.

First off, there were no hate comments! Just because people thought your game sucked, doesn't mean they hate anything besides the game (which is a nonliving thing, thus making the usage of the word 'hate' invalid). Second off, we can't SEE anything going on because the link is expired, and no one cares because of the way you're treating this. 10 posts to download? What the ****. Lastly, using judgmental phrases like "YOU CAN'T DO ANY BETTER EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NO EXAMPLES LOLOLOL" doesn't help the whole situation of having anyone care about your game.

Also, four days isn't a huge bump, but it's nice to see you were watching the topic just to see if there was a reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back