• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Tails remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempest97 (Krimps)

blue man use leg go fast
Hey everyone! This thread is about a WAD i'm currently working on. I didn't think of a name yet cuz i'm gonna make all the sprites first.

Basically, it's a Tails remake. He's gonna have the holdfly ability and some other fancy crap.

I made this thread to ask everyone's opinion on the sprites. I'm not gonna make any over-the-top changes, just improve Tails' vanilla sprites. So, whaddya think?

pdIFgvZuRyqRAtLiWEozMw.png

WgCex61-SNeYHoaz9mfnsg.png

yes i made an account just to post this

Last edited:
Uh, there's no change really, just you put a smile, also, there's already a tails remake, Smiles (WIP) and TailsCD.

Last edited:
I mean, there's no issue with other people giving it a shot. TailsCD was good but it didn't completely close off the market for Tails remakes like Chuckles did for Knuckles remakes, and Smiles won't be out until 2.2 is (which won't be for a while, probably).

You've made some minor improvements to the shading on the legs and arms, gotten rid of some orangey-brown pixels, and improved the muzzle outline - but there isn't much else going on. No major shape changes for the fact that SSN's work isn't exactly proportionately accurate, the shoes are still a slightly modified version of Sonic's front view despite his ones supposed to be much flatter, and no changes to the shading on the head's weird dark-tinted graduation. A single sprite isn't really enough to base a topic off of or get a good idea of where the project's going, either. Any chance you could share some more?

Last edited:
What toaster said is very true, but regardless it's still an improvement over vanilla Tails, and I'd definitely use him. He's adorable! Take the feedback appropriately and I reckon this'll be another decent character to tide us over until Smiles.

Also, I don't know why you'd need it but if you want some Lua done for him, I'm happy to help out.

Right now it is just hard to tell how is it going, but you probably just started this, so i wish you luck.

What toaster said is very true, but regardless it's still an improvement over vanilla Tails, and I'd definitely use him. He's adorable! Take the feedback appropriately and I reckon this'll be another decent character to tide us over until Smiles.

Also, I don't know why you'd need it but if you want some Lua done for him, I'm happy to help out.

Thanks! And about Lua, i aprecciate you trying to help but, i think i'm just gonna give him the hold-fly ability, now that i think about it. I know a thing or two about Lua, so i think i can do that by myself. No offense tho.

Right now it is just hard to tell how is it going, but you probably just started this, so i wish you luck.

You're absolutely correct, i made only 2 sprites rn

Thread was updated, added 1 image and improved first sprite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back