Fixed [2.1.17] [Linux 64-bit] SRB2 won't save record attack replays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelT

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
As the title says, SRB2 won't save replays from record attack.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to add here that it's the same on Mac. Replays and ghosts don't save, and it's been like that since at least 2.0.

Out of curiosity, does it work if you create the folders /replay/main/ outside of the game?

犬夜叉;759518 said:
Out of curiosity, does it work if you create the folders /replay/main/ outside of the game?

I finally got around to testing it, and no. It still wouldn't save replays if i created the folders outside the game.

So... anything about this bug? It's been 2 years since I reported it and saving replays are still broken.

Problem identified!

SRB2 on Linux, and presumably OSX, has a separate settings directory; ~/.srb2 in my case. SRB2 will create replay/main in this settings directory and read demos stored there.

The problem is, SRB2 saves demos to the active directory. So if you create replay/main from the folder your srb2 executable is stored in, the demos will save there, but SRB2 won't be able to find them.

On Windows, where there isn't a separate settings directory, this is no issue. On Linux and OSX, the result is that demos appear not to record.

Pull request submitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back