Lan play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Blake

Like in the dirt?!?
I would like to ask, is LAN still supported in 2.1? I am asking as when 2.1 came out, I tried to play with my little brother, and we both tried hosting both casual, standard, and offline rooms, but we could not find the other's server. Then, when I looked at the wiki, it said that apparently there was a join LAN server option, but there was not one present when we went to try that. So is there any way for us to play on LAN together?

It worked for me and my bro in 2.1.6.
We were in race mode with HMS. Good times.
To connect over LAN, your brother has to find your IP address (either your public or PC one, it doesn't matter) and choose 'Specify IP' in the Multiplayer menu. If it doesn't work, try port forwarding.

It worked for me and my bro in 2.1.6.
We were in race mode with HMS. Good times.
To connect over LAN, your brother has to find your IP address (either your public or PC one, it doesn't matter) and choose 'Specify IP' in the Multiplayer menu. If it doesn't work, try port forwarding.

Well, I tried both IP's and it didn't work, and I cannot port forward due to not knowing my router password and username and my parents probably do not want me port forwarding anyway. Do you know, by chance, any other reasons he cannot connect (when he tries, it stays stuck saying "Connecting to server" with a red bar beneath)?

I can help you if you use Windows 7/8, or if you use a static ip address. If you wanna connect to your brother's server, then find his static ip and put it in the Specify IP option. Me and my brother did that just yesterday.

Well, after trying again and again, I finally solved it. Turns out the only problem was he still only had 2.1.6, and I didn't bother to check.....

So problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back