SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Levels (2.0.X)

Sonic Robo Blast 2 The Past (SC_SRB2thepast1.01.wad + Mutiplayer and bonus) Details »»
Sonic Robo Blast 2 The Past (SC_SRB2thepast1.01.wad + Mutiplayer and bonus)
Developer Last Online: Sep 2018

Version: SRB2 Rating: (20 votes - 3.70 average)
Released: 08-31-2009 Last Update: 05-31-2012 Installs: 37
Single Player Levels Multiplayer Levels SOCs Scripts Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics Is in Beta Stage

This mod is the 2.0 version and as such will have errors in 2.1.11
An update is currently in the works.

Welcome To the Past. If you ever played Mystic Realm and earned enough emblems to unlock the Archives, SRB2TP is essentially the same thing for the main game. The mod is suppose to cover from SRB2 TGF up to SRB2 2.0.5.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?lpwarse9as03p83 Full combo (Pack size: 138.98MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?m9cpiqeaw638989 Mutiplayer only (57.33MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?a87etoj916bo7tk single Player only (81.65MB)

Added in this version:
SRB2 Museum Hub world now available
All versions of Green Flower up to 2.0.5 now available
All versions of Castle eggman up to 2.0.5 now available
Save system now works with all levels accessed via the SRB2 Museum Hub world.
Beta Quest featuring 2 secret levels (Special Thanks to SNN Tails for providing the levels for public download)
Proper Eggmobiles for each version of the boss fight
Christmas Hunt zone
sonic's nightmare now has an emblem for just Sonic alone. a reward for completing the level as him.

All multiplayer levels are now split into a separate megawad, complete with divided rotations for each version

The Red Volcano entry method no longer kills you and will also no longer break the unlockable system

All levels, outside of beta quest, are now grouped by name or theme

Known Bugs
1. Spelling?
2. 1.09.4 Eggman does not spawn jet fumes
3. Hidden Palace's Floor lights don't function as they did in demo 2
4. Some levels in beta quest (Sky Fortress) will get you stuck if something goes wrong. (Save system properly works so reloading should work)
5. May not work properly with custom characters (a bug that can only be fixed upon SRB2 version 2.1)

A. the Debut Castle Eggman Red XVI secret doesn't boot you out with a custom error message. Oh, wait. That not a bug.

Screens
Spoiler:

To get to this location, find a hidden fake wall in the caves of the mountain.

To get to this location, the doorway will open when the crusher begins. But go too far and the level ends.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?lpwarse9as03p83 Full combo (Pack size: 138.98MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?m9cpiqeaw638989 Mutiplayer only (57.33MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?a87etoj916bo7tk single Player only (81.65MB)
The wads in a Rar file (too big for the attachment system.)

As SRB2 heads to the future, SRB2 The Past shall continue to cronicle the history.

Next version to include:
Techno Hill exhibit
Boss Rush
Prototype for special Stage Challenge featuring the TGF set (Maybe,)
Concept Art Hall
TGF Stages

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 07-03-2012   #142
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

Check the building that's connected by a bridge to another short building. There is a ground level entrance facing the street.

If you need further help, consult this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38NIj...feature=relmfu

Last edited by glaber; 07-03-2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old 07-03-2012   #143
TeamLava
Permanently Banned

I'm very glad you updated this thank you. Also, some of the Tag and Hide and Seek levels say "There's not enough starts in this map" when you load them.
Old 07-03-2012   #144
Chaotic Chao
horns Horns HORNS

In GreenFlower Zone Act 3 ver. 1.09.4...um...
Where the heck is Eggman? >.<
Old 07-03-2012   #145
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

What? he's suppose to have loaded. I've just ran a check in SRB2 Doobuilder and SRB2 and he loads.

Try another save and see if he spawns in the SRB2 museum

Last edited by glaber; 07-03-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-03-2012   #146
Chaotic Chao
horns Horns HORNS

Actually, it worked when I loaded the game without the custom character I was using (Rosy) and he was still there when I added her after I had already booted the game. Strange...
Old 07-04-2012   #147
Metal Blake
Here dozes the masked clown

For me, Greenflower Act 1 (ver. 1.1 - 1.4) won't load the level, only the archives message. Anyone know how to fix this?
Old 07-04-2012   #148
Root
-

Glaber, I beat greenflower, the beta quest, and the halloween tech demo with all 7 emeralds, but the only exhibits I have are Greenflower, Beta quest, halloween tech, and christmas demo, is there anything i'm doing wrong?
Old 07-04-2012   #149
Alex2608

If you have all the 7 chaos emeralds the CEZ door should open if your beside it.
Old 07-04-2012   #150
Root
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex2608 View Post
If you have all the 7 chaos emeralds the CEZ door should open if your beside it.
Thanks.

Also glaber, how do i get the other exhibits in the level room? all i have is greenflower, christmas demo, halloween tech demo, beta quest, and castle eggman, but none of the other doors open.
Old 07-04-2012   #151
LightspeedX
aka PrismaticAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Root View Post
Thanks.

Also glaber, how do i get the other exhibits in the level room? all i have is greenflower, christmas demo, halloween tech demo, beta quest, and castle eggman, but none of the other doors open.
None of the other doors open because the levels that are supposed to be behind them aren't finished yet. And no, using noclip won't help either because the areas behind the doors don't have an exit sector so you won't get sent anywhere.

Oh, and to glaber, why didn't you use tunes 99 in BQ DSZ1? That is the music used in the original DSZ1, just put on MIDI music and listen to tunes 99 and you'll hear.
<toaster> i love you lightspeed

Last edited by LightspeedX; 07-04-2012 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Grammar >.>
Old 07-05-2012   #152
Chaotic Chao
horns Horns HORNS

Actually, I was wrong. 1.09.4 Eggman actually freezes in the museum if I add Rosy while in the museum, and doesn't appear at all while she's loaded otherwise (I was looking in the wrong exhibit. =p). So, it's not fixed, and Rosy is stuck in the 1.09.4 arc of GreenFlower...
Old 07-05-2012   #153
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Chao View Post
Actually, it worked when I loaded the game without the custom character I was using (Rosy) and he was still there when I added her after I had already booted the game. Strange...
she might be conflicting with 1.09.4 robotnik then. This mod uses alot of custom thing and state slots.

---------- Post added 07-05-2012 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-04-2012 at 11:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightspeedX View Post
None of the other doors open because the levels that are supposed to be behind them aren't finished yet. And no, using noclip won't help either because the areas behind the doors don't have an exit sector so you won't get sent anywhere.
This is correct, All ehibits that are avaiable have a sign next to them to Identify them. In Castle Eggman's case, it has a requirement on its sign for how to unlock the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightspeedX View Post
Oh, and to glaber, why didn't you use tunes 99 in BQ DSZ1? That is the music used in the original DSZ1, just put on MIDI music and listen to tunes 99 and you'll hear.
actually the choice was based upon the default ogg file. In digital mode, tunes 99 is a remix of the Midi with extra bits thrown in and a lack of proper looping.

Though next update, I'll make a copy of the midi of that slot so the remix doesn't play.
Old 07-05-2012   #154
Ite

It doesn't work. It will only give me a rar file with no IWAD or PWAD id/data/whatever.
Old 07-05-2012   #155
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

The wad is inside the RAR file, you need to use a program like Winrar or 7zip.
Old 07-10-2012   #156
Drflash55
Expert SRB2 Player

Will you be updating your wad anytime soon? I am curious of what the other doors lead to that say, "Exhibit coming soon".
Old 07-10-2012   #157
Sparkxster
u wanna go m8

Of course Glaber will, Glaber is still constructing those maps as we speak.
Old 08-13-2012   #158
I'm Not Here
Permanently Banned

I still have yet to understand the sense in deleting all of these maps instead of revamping them considering SRB2 lacks a variety of maps.
Old 08-13-2012   #159
Iceman404
Tyler52 Forever

Because 90% of them are too horrible and needed redoing, along with the fact that actual quality maps take time (wanna wait another 10+ years, I thought so).

Edit: though, I would want to see a recreated Hidden Palace Zone with today's mapping standards by the devs.

Last edited by Iceman404; 08-13-2012 at 03:52 AM.
Old 08-13-2012   #160
I'm Not Here
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman404 View Post
Because 90% of them are too horrible and needed redoing, along with the fact that actual quality maps take time (wanna wait another 10+ years, I thought so).

Edit: though, I would want to see a recreated Hidden Palace Zone with today's mapping standards by the devs.
I guess you kind of have a point. But wouldn't it also make sense to pull some maps from people's wad files? SRB2 seriously lacks 1 player / coop maps. SRB2 is still missing Red Volcano Acts 2 and 3, Castle Egg Man Acts 2 and 3, Blue Mountain Acts 2 and 3 (Act 1 isn't even close to finished), Arid Canyon Acts 2 and 3, PLUS there are other maps that have yet to be converted to 2.0 such as Rocky Mountain Zone or Mine Maze Zone. I hope you realize all of the maps I mentioned except for Rocky Mountain Zone and Mine Maze Zone were already created in various wad files and it would make sense if STJR just took the creators maps and added them into the game.
Old 08-13-2012   #161
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Not Here View Post
SRB2 is still missing Red Volcano Acts 2 and 3, Castle Egg Man Acts 2 and 3, Blue Mountain Acts 2 and 3 (Act 1 isn't even close to finished), Arid Canyon Acts 2 and 3, PLUS there are other maps that have yet to be converted to 2.0 such as Rocky Mountain Zone or Mine Maze Zone.
CEZ2 is already in the game. Blue Mountain Zone doesn't even exist (map17 is just an experiment for the second act of Red Volcano that was ultimately scrapped). Rocky Mountain Zone and Mine Maze Zone have long been scrapped and replaced by Arid Canyon Zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Not Here View Post
I hope you realize all of the maps I mentioned except for Rocky Mountain Zone and Mine Maze Zone were already created in various wad files and it would make sense if STJR just took the creators maps and added them into the game.
No, that wouldn't make sense at all. None of these user-made maps are anywhere near as good as the official SRB2 maps.