Tails' Whirlwind jump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluecore

Cyansonic
Whirlwind.gif

Why does Tails get a Free Whirlwind shield when he goes super?
(Match/CTF Emeralds only)

The Watsonian answer is that it's not a whirlwind shield, but rather his super ability, like Supersonic's float.

The Doylist answer is that infini-flight at higher speed probably wasn't seen as good enough for Super Tails on its own given how hard it is to get all emeralds as Tails, so he got an extra ability.

Last edited:
Because they programmed it that way as a special ability. It's also hella stronger than the whirlwind shield.

That's not a whirlwind shield, it's his super ability, like Supersonic's float.

I don't ever remember Tails being able to do that, But cool none of the less.

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

on its own given how hard it is to get all emeralds as Tails.

Tails can't go Super Tails in the Main Campaign. Only the Match/CTF ones work.

Of course, nobody but Sonic goes Super in Single Player.

What's the point in that? Even in Co-op, people have to use Sonic, or a Emerald Soc to go Super, not very fair for Char Wad makers.

Back in 1.09.4, That wasn't a problem, why did you have to Remove it now?

I can understand Objectplace disabled for Netgames, but Only Sonic can turn Super in Single/Coop,
=/

What's the point in that? Even in Co-op, people have to use Sonic, or a Emerald Soc to go Super, not very fair for Char Wad makers.

Back in 1.09.4, That wasn't a problem, why did you have to Remove it now?

I can understand Objectplace disabled for Netgames, but Only Sonic can turn Super in Single/Coop,
=/

Three words, overpowered fan characters. Back in the 1.0 days, they were everywhere. If you really want to be super in single player and coop, download smv2.wad or FuriousFox's Super Moniter soc.

I still don't understand why only Sonic can go super, when it could at least be limited to Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles instead. I also don't understand why if this did happen, it'd need to be the unnecessarily powerful match super abilities. I'd prefer the usual Genesis stat-boosts in speed and jump height (not for Knuckles, but he gets a glide and climbing boost).

Unlike Sonic 3 & Knuckles, there's still no reason to play the special stages at all unless you really give fucks about unlockables I guess. But once that's done, there really is no point other than torturing yourself. There's really no reason to limit this to Sonic only to be honest, other than to make him feel 'special' (ignoring the fact that he's already absurdly powerful with a good player. The other two are just easier to play, but Sonic as usual trumps in the end).

Oh well, you can probably easily make anyone super with Lua when that's out.

Last edited:
Sonic is the hardest and least powerful in single player. Super is a reward. Plus Super Tails/Knux is hilariously overpowered.

It would be normal gameplay with speed shoes, invincibility and higher jump, essentially a little less than Sonic gets wouldn't it?

Sonic is the hardest and least powerful in single player. Super is a reward. Plus Super Tails/Knux is hilariously overpowered.

Hardest, but most efficient when used correctly. Especially when you can thok to solve nearly all of the world's problems. A higher jump for Tails and a speed-buff for both doesn't really make them 'hilariously' overpowered in the slightest.

Three words, overpowered fan characters. Back in the 1.0 days, they were everywhere. If you really want to be super in single player and coop, download smv2.wad or FuriousFox's Super Moniter soc.
Who really gives a shit? If someone wants to make their character overpowered, it's their business. All this kind of reasoning does is restrict customization options on user-created content that would have made the game more fun. Like Senya's ringslinger ice blocks.

I would be much happier to see all the character wad limits from 2.0 removed. Maybe then we'll actually see a character wad besides Hinote that is actually worth playing. Either way, bad server hosts will always host bad wads, and the limits don't really change this. If you have a problem with it, avoid those servers.

I would be much happier to see all the character wad limits from 2.0 removed.
I agree, and a lot of limits have actually been removed for 2.1. And even if any limits remain, you can mostly circumvent them with Lua, which means it's no longer as big an issue as it would be in 2.0.

Might as well put ObjcetPlace back in Netgames while you're at it.

I haven't heard any news about ObjcetPlace in 2.1 multiplayer, but I do know that ObjectPlace caused crashes about three minutes in any map when it was there in MP.

crashes about three minutes in any map.

An Easy Fix would be to Keep all Objects Placed, Offline in till you Exit out of OP mode, Then send the new objects over the internet.

Making Any Player have that much Power in Real Time
What is this, Minecraft?

just saw this:

Hardest, but most efficient when used correctly. Especially when you can thok to solve nearly all of the world's problems. A higher jump for Tails and a speed-buff for both doesn't really make them 'hilariously' overpowered in the slightest.

Thok isn't as powerful as you claim it to be. Thok's advantage is one involving speed and agility, which is ungodly for match or race, but this is not enough to grant you all of the game's secrets in single player; you need vertical accessibility, which both climbing and flying will give you.

All characters are equally capable of completing the single player campaign, but Sonic unquestionably requires the most effort since, unlike Tails or Knuckles, he places a much greater emphasis on platforming precision and can't skip sections entirely with his special ability. The reward for grabbing the seven chaos emeralds must be greater for him, because otherwise there is little motivation for players to choose Sonic against his easier alternatives.

The reward for grabbing the seven chaos emeralds must be greater for him, because otherwise there is little motivation for players to choose Sonic against his easier alternatives.

Sonic is already funner because he can't just fly over all the actual content. When was the last time you saw a level made to be challenging for knuckles or tails? The only time I even play them is when I need to skip over exceptionally bad content in poorly designed levels.

I think that in addition to playing Sonic to enjoy platforming, I'd be even more motivated to play as him if he had some sprites that didn't look awful like they do in 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back