3D Meshed Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I understand right, they were never officially a part of SRB2 to begin with. A mod of some sort was made for 3D models at some point I believe, but those were for pre 2.0 versions... and well, compatibility issues make them useless in later versions unless I'm missing something.

If I understand right, they were never officially a part of SRB2 to begin with. A mod of some sort was made for 3D models at some point I believe, but those were for pre 2.0 versions... and well, compatibility issues make them useless in later versions unless I'm missing something.
Well there is the opengl port that allows you to use the md2 models.

No, MD2 (3D Models) can still be used, if you have the OpenGL Port. The reason they don't work in the official version of SRB2 is that OpenGL was removed from the official version of SRB2. OpenGL renders the game in true 3D, but Software Rendering does not. Thus, only OpenGL can support MD2 models.

Again, although the new version doesn't have OpenGL, there's a port of it for 2.0 that you can download. If you get that, you can install MD2 just like you could in 1.09.4.

Though the models aren't exactly great, we don't have any professional modellers here willing to try so nobody has been able to make anything better than a rather blocky Sonic yet.

Though the models aren't exactly great, we don't have any professional modellers here willing to try so nobody has been able to make anything better than a rather blocky Sonic yet.

I swear there was one person that made a Sonic, Tails, And Knuckles model. And he is currently making his own Sonic fangame.

They were pretty good to.

Eh, it's okay, it looks a little weird though, but that's down to SRB2 more than anything.

This video also proves that our frames method of animation is poor, I wonder if we can use motion paths instead of frames...

You know we can add interpolation on mesh animations, right?

It generates the frames between the two automatically, meaning you don't have to have so many frames created as SRB2 will fill the gaps (though it's not an excuse to be lazy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back