Official Level Design Contest: September/October 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Ezer.Arch said:
2. The map may not have been publicly released before.

I know I may not release my map here. But I'd like to test my map with someone else. Can I open a public server in ms for it?

Yes, yes, and yes. "Testing is strongly encouraged." Releasing on the MS does not violate rule 2.

Okay. You said so.

* Ezer has done the first tests in MS and is quite happy with results. *

Just sent in my first match level. Hopefully I do good, I sure put some effort into it.

I had to resubmit my entry a few days back as I had to fix a bug on 1 map. Hopefully FF has that.

And I also found out Arid Oasis was in the contest when I didn't want it in because I realised that it was released before, and also I sent an e mail to cancel it. He must of forgotten or something. But this time, I haven't done that half mistake.

From what I've gathered through this topic and netgames, I believe this is what we may see. I don't think I have the order right, but I guessed:

==Single Player==
Red Desert Zone by SonicMaster
Freezing Flare Zone Act 2 by simsmagic
Water Ruins Zone by Donovan the hedgehog
Death Egg Zone by Blade T. Hedgehog
DimenGlabSpecial II by Glaber
Frost Mountain Zone by Hyperknux

==Match==
Game Boy Valley Zone by SonicMaster
Eggmansion Zone by Knockout the Echidna
Treehouse Sanctuary Zone by Ice

==CTF==
Opposition Zone by SonicMaster
Serial City Zone by RedEchidna
Toxic Factory Zone by Donovan the hedgehog
Techno Base Zone by Blade T. Hedgehog
Contaminated Gourge[sic] Zone by Shrike
Zero Star Zone (?) by ss47
Lift Bridge Zone by Ezer.Arch

==Circuit==
Quicksand Forest Zone by SonicMaster
Volcanic Volley Zone by RedEchidna
Ice Vally[sic] Zone by Donovan the hedgehog
No Name Forest Zone by Glaber
Warped Woods Zone by Jazz
Click Clock Wood Zone by simsmagic

--Also, levels from a-star, roy, and fawfulfan which categories I do not know--

That should make 25 entries. I actually have positive feelings about Circuit. This is where our lack of talent usually falls into.

In spirit of the level it had started off as, I called mine Treehouse Sanctuary. Original huh...

Click Clock Wood Zone by simsmagic
No... if this level turns out to be what I think it is, he automatically gets my vote for circuit. But no pressure on anyone else. I'm still waiting to see the rest of them (well, providing I'm not busy on my next big thing)

Simsmagic said:
This level is planned to be a raceway through a forest, and each time you complete a lap, it skips to a new season. Same level design, but new gimmicks and traps. In order, it's Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. If there is more than four laps, it loops back to spring until race is finished. To accomplish the season changing effect, multiple finish lines and teleporters will be implemented.

Well, guess that's all I needed to see. That one's got my vote for circuit division for the sole fact of it being a tribute to Banjo-Kazooie. No worries for the rest of the divisions.

I doubt my 1-p map will be done in time, however I do have a match map in the works. And a circuit map, if you're lucky.

SM, I haven't even STARTED the level yet, let alone enter it into the contest. It's still in the Concept stage, that and I'm taking a short hiatus from level making.

UH! Well, then I suggest you get off that hiatus. You don't got much time left before the deadline, and if it's not part of the contest I can't vote for for it.

It's not going to be a part of this contest; I never intended it to be.

Besides, if I started it now and tried to finish it in... 5 days, it'd probably be the worse piece of crap that I've ever produced.

I can't guarantee that it'll be in the Nov/Dec08 contest either, but there's a better chance that it might.

Sorry, Simsmagic. I thought you were going to make it for this contest.

EDIT: Not counting days that I completely forgot about it, Wacky Track Zone took five days, so...

==CTF==
Opposition Zone by SonicMaster
Serial City Zone by RedEchidna
Toxic Factory Zone by Donovan the hedgehog
Techno Base Zone by Blade T. Hedgehog
Contaminated Gourge[sic] Zone by Shrike
Zero Star Zone (?) by ss47
Lift Bridge Zone by Ezer.Arch

WOOOOOO! I'm there. Yup!

Thanks SRB2WikiSonicMaster. ^^,

* my map is 99% finished, and its name may be changed. *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back