Official Level Design Contest: September/October 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simsmagic said:
verifiaman said:
My level vibrant vendetta will be done in 2 weeks. Im serious. I am working on the level.
But that ruins the point of the forum joke. D:

Not if the level lives up to its name. We need dark levels with pools of blood and custom imported skeletons littered over the place more often. I wouldn't want to see Vibrant Vendetta Zone unless it's visually solid, something that verifiaman is gonna need a heck of a lot of practice with (no offense).

Shrike said:
Also, speaking of which, why isn't there a red water texture?

Read again. What you said SM was the recipe for purple water with a cherry filling. Shrike was asking about the texture for the water, not the water it self.

Edit: Dimension Glaber Special Stage and No Name Forest have been sent in.

The reason there isn't a red water texture is because we never needed one. The "recipe" is the workaround and what is used in Special Stages.

It's not too late to withdraw DimenGlabSpecial II.

Once again I'm not going to be able to enter this contest, my computer isn't working properly, and I can't even play srb2 on it. I'm typing this from my brother's laptop.

Next contest, for sure, believe it!

K, Red Desert Zone has been resubmitted with minor changes. Now with OpenGL support! I thank you very much for showing me how to get retractable spikes working in both renderers, Jazz!

I've Submitted my single player level which is called Frost Mountain Zone. A basic level which you'll find out more about it when you play it :P

I have a really good feeling about this contest. I need to start making haste with my level though, I'm only about half-done.

Ice said:
I have a really good feeling about this contest. I need to start making haste with my level though, I'm only about half-done.

ACK! No! Don't make haste with your level! That usually is a recipe for disaster. Wait, and take your time. If you have to wait till the next contest, then do. It would also give you additional time to soup it up more.

Yea, yea, haste makes waste. I just need to start working on it some more, lack of ideas of what to do next is really dragging me back.

Yea, I won't be able to enter my SP map this time. Next time for sure.
However, I'm still entering the contest. As maybe none of you know, Hidden Sanctuary started off as a match level, but then, certain level designing aspects made me decide to make it a single player level. I recently revisited the old map, and thought that I should spruce it up a lot. I will be entering a match level that is made in the same style that my other map was created in.

Just resent my CTF map, cutting down on the flat between-base area.

I have a bad habit of not including attachments in my emails. Had to send it again with the attachment. XD

Uh, I haven't been... working on mine... >_>

I'll probably send it in next contest. On the other hand, perhaps I can power-work it on the weekend, as I did that entirely with Mercury Sea Zone. We'll see, I guess.

Jazz said:
How about we stop submitting joke levels, period? I can't be the only one that is tired of them.
You shoulda said that muuuuuuch earlier than you did. ^^;; I must have posted mine BEFORE the contest started. Or maybe shortly after.

But it does give me an excuse to show off the ULTRA-HARD work I did on ripping textures from SADX for my actual map project.

I doubt my joke will be that funny, or even funny at all, but here goes nothing.

I'll Begin said:
Jazz said:
How about we stop submitting joke levels, period? I can't be the only one that is tired of them.
You shoulda said that muuuuuuch earlier than you did. ^^;; I must have posted mine BEFORE the contest started. Or maybe shortly after.

Though I said that mainly to prevent someone from ruining the wonder that is Vibrant Vendetta Zone, I stick by my words. In other words, if your joke level plays well, you have nothing to worry about.

On an unrelated note:
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x290/srb2jazz/warped1new.png
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x290/srb2jazz/warped2new.png
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x290/srb2jazz/warped3new.png
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x290/srb2jazz/warped4new.png

Took the screenshots in as close to the exact same spot as I did last time. Note that due to recent atmosphere change for the level, it no longer supports OpenGL. Though I do wish OpenGL handled fog blocks properly...

Jazz said:
In other words, if your joke level plays well, you have nothing to worry about.
[url=http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?p=263559#263559 said:
I'll Begin[/url]]
Blue Warrior said:
Waterfall Town Zone, Act 1 by Superusuario - 2/10
Um... okay. Technically, this level has no issues. Graphically, it's pretty meh. Gameplay-wise, it's completely uninspirational. I mean, this is just a bunch of flat plains, for the most part. You may as well have the goal sign right in front of the player with a billboard saying "Move forward to win!"

>>

<<

*makes*
Yeah. Don't count on it. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back