Dedicated Server 24/7 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorklenis2

Life gives you surprise ... surprise gives you lif
Well, I need some tools to host a dedicated server 24/7 days, when no servers to play, let's play it 24/7 days, we will have a schedule different game modes examples:

Monday: Coop
Tuesday: Party
Wednesday: Team Match
Thursday: Capture The Flag
Friday: Hide and Seek
Saturday: TAG
Sunday: Race

I do this as a contribution, I just need the tools, I'll take care of the expenses and maintenance, no problems.

I hope your answers.

Nobody can be so kind to tell me what program to use to create a SRB2 server 24/7 days?.

If you have your ports set up correctly, you should be able to run SRB2 and go to Multiplayer->Host Game. I can't remember the exact details, but http://http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Multiplayer should provide the info you need. From there, it's just a matter of keeping your computer on and switching game types each day. I think that there's a way for you to enter spectator mode so your character isn't just hanging around the map when you're not playing.

Sorry for the late response; I hadn't realized that no one had answered your question yet.

I'm pretty sure TheBetaFox has the answer he seeks, but the fact that the first post reeks of an advertisement for his proposed server - so soon after he got an infraction for advertising in separate topic - has had me rather wary about this topic overall.

Oh; oops. I didn't know you could do it that way. That makes more sense. I figured I'd take a stab at it since there weren't any other answers yet, but I guess that didn't really work.
It would, but it's kind of inconvenient to use up all the resources for rendering the game and playing its audio if you want to use any other programs in the meantime, and, IIRC, the host would always occupy a slot.

It's not that hard to understand what he is saying, he just wants to make a 24/7 server.

"Hello, I'm planning to make a Dedicated Server, I would like to make it 24/7, but I don't know how, so can anyone tell me what tools I need to make a 24/7 Server?
The server will have a schedule for Game Modes, for example:

On Monday we will play Coop
Tuesday - Hangout
Wednesday -Team Match
Thursday - Capture The Flag
Friday - Hide and Seek
Saturday - TAG
Sunday - Race

I will be the one doing this, I only need the tools to make a 24/7 server, I will also be the one taking care of server maintenance, wont be a problem.

Thank you"

Last edited:
We can read, thank you. That he wanted a 24/7 server was blatantly obvious, but he phrased it like an advertisement for said server (despite not even having it up yet).

And everybody knows what 24/7 means. Everybody.

We can read, thank you. That he wanted a 24/7 server was blatantly obvious, but he phrased it like an advertisement for said server (despite not even having it up yet).

And everybody knows what 24/7 means. Everybody.

There are some people that don't know the "obvious" stuff, so adding some extra information wont hurt.

Yes, I also noticed that it is phrased as an advertisement, that has been pointed out already.

And from the way you wrote the reply, it makes me think like I offended someone, I never said that you can't read, it might have sounded like it, but I truly didn't mean that, and sorry if I did offend you

Last edited:
That's not how they think, I just wanted to know if there is any program when running it powered on and you are ready and you can play and have fun.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

I'll have to know how to configure it and I have the experience to make servers, and I do not think it makes it difficult to make SRB2 service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back