Character WADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALEXEI

Is there a step by step tut. to making character wads, dont post the wiki link, i read it, it dont help me.

No, I don't. If I wasn't such a lazy bum, I probably could make one, though.

It'd be awesome if I wrote a tutorial on how to use wireframes correctly. But as I've seen, the heat they recieve is intense.

Because, in all honesty, nothing creative comes from them. It's like filling in colors on an image. They all have the same base shape and can (and do) get real annoying to look at. It's not a terrible idea in itself, but only having a single outline that makes every character have the same shape is a bad idea.

Aye, that's what tutorials are for right? I probably have to redo the whole freakin' thing anyway because It doesn't animate right. I could go even further to add different kinds of heads in the pack, and include visual tutorials on how to add various garments, if any, to the character. If the wadder conveniently excludes any of the ideas or start-ups I would graciously include for them, the only person at fault is them. I shouldn't really need to be blamed for most people's unoriginality. Even if I'm not, it still feels like I am.

And one fun thing I discovered- some people don't like doing so much detail. Here's one such chat I did with someone where I figured it out.

[14:45:07] << k
[14:45:10] << But yeah
[14:45:16] << Now I see why you don't like customs
[14:45:20] << they're hard to animate
[14:45:29] << right?
[14:46:32] >> YUP
<rambling that's unrelated>
[14:55:41] << This also leads me to understand another thing.
[14:56:10] << You don't like me making custom versions of your character because it takes to long.
[14:56:19] << This is why shading is not a major factor either
[14:56:33] >> exactly

This was between, I think, a banned member from this forum. I think you can tell who's me by the grammar vs. the chat speak. In case you don't, I'm the <<.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back