Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because it can be done with socs doesn't mean that it shouldn't be added. Also, you'd need to make new sprites to use Prime's soc, whoever made them refuses permission to use them.

Warpshade said:
Anyways, this probably goes without saying, but a way to make levels longer without buggering the software renderer. This is mainly for 2d mode.
Software rendering limits only affect what you see. In 2D mode, you can't see the whole level, so it doesn't matter.

Well, when ever I make a 2d level quite long, it creates a HOM-esque sky, and control sectors become visible. Any longer, and even the 3d mode of SRB2DB refuses to run it

Well, that's pretty much a thok barrier problem right there, and you just just move the control sectors to the other side of the map.

Surely if it were a thok barrier problem, it would not fix itself if you shorten the map? Or are you referring to size of thok barrier?

Thok barrier thickness can be a problem. I like to keep my thokbarrier about 32-64 wide. Also, thok barrier heights can be problematic, so you might want to experiment with that.

light dasher said:
SA2 Death, so say you fall a in the hole and keep falling and after awhile you would die.
No. Only possible on stages like AGZ, and would look weird in Software mode anyway.

and also fix the fall sprites for sonic, when he's falling he looks scared, why would sonic be scared, he's fallen higherplaces then that example: on SA he jumps of the egg thingamabob
Why fix what isn't broken? Admittedly we could use some better Sonic falling frames, but not for the reason you suggested. The sprites are uneven and aren't that consistent with the rest of the sprites.

And make it so when you go of a ledge he dosent just show his running sprites, have it like sa2 without the light dasher, homing and analog
No. No. No! There's a reason it doesn't do that in SRB2. Because it's not based on SA, it's based on Sonic 3. It does have some SA-isms, but most of it is more true to the classics.

I'll Begin said:
light dasher said:
And make it so when you go of a ledge he dosent just show his running sprites, have it like sa2 without the light dasher, homing and analog
No. No. No! There's a reason it doesn't do that in SRB2. Because it's not based on SA, it's based on Sonic 3. It does have some SA-isms, but most of it is more true to the classics.

It does that in SA mode, so yeah, that probably shows it's intentionally not done.

sonicfreak94 said:
A "spring rotator/destination point" thing, or something of the sort. You would put this thing lets say in front of the spring, it turns into a horizontal spring. You put it in the air, the spring hits you to that point and you fall. You put it in front and above the spring, and it'll hit you diagonally until the location of the thing, and you fall. I think this is one of the methods used in SADX, though I'm not sure.
Seconded.

Once on IRC Shuffle was talking about how he wanted to put something like that in Shufflarb2, and I told him to do it the way very similar to the way you just said but he wouldn't do it.

Segmint said:
In accordance with that;

Linedef Executor: Change Thing Number
Linedef Executor: Change Thing Angle

(Both change all things within the tagged sector (for FOFs, I guess you'd have to make an invisible intangible FOF, like sector wind))

Making it change the THING covers all items and such. It can change the type of spring, and the direction.

Also;

Sector Type - Remove Thing Gravity (removes the gravity of any things within the sector (on an FOF, use invisible intangible))

I think that's better than just a spring destination thing. If you really have to change the thing's original placement, have a linedef executor teleport the thing to another location. How? Have a linedef change a sector's tag to a teleport, and set the Trigger of the teleport to Continuous. That will move the thing, and like the suggestion I made above, should change the type of spring and angle if needed, that is; if you tag all three linedef executors to the same sector. Not to mention, if you remove the spring's gravity, you don't have to use a solid FOF under it, allowing it to float in the air without any unnecessary disturbances.
It's not hard, really.

camo man said:
In 2D mode enemies and bosses should be have differently, like they are on the same small path without depth movment that you are on.

Why do you hate 2d mode? The jettys allready do that anyway. Putting in ramming (sp) enemies from the side is fun!

Kaysakado said:
You know how people were suggesting to have your name hover over your head, but you said it didnt work because it would show up behind walls and stuff? What about the name hovers over the player mobj, so that you can only see it when you see the player. Like how the "Got flag!" and "It!" messages are displayed.
That would probably mean that one sprite for each letter would have to be above the character's head. Which would cause slowdown.

Actually, they could edit the void(Not sure what the real term is)for drawing strings to draw scaled strings to use for this.

light dasher said:
And tails' tails to be separate from his body, and have a thing for the skin
THINGFLW = 1 (Tails's Tails) 2 (that supereman/hog cape thing) 3 that firething that eggman has (think metal sonic in JTE)

Why?

You should:
Give the host ability to award point bonuses.
Allow the host to change someone's name, color, ect.
Give an individual rings and lives.
Allow people to change the colour of their name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back