[Open Assets] Map Shuffler (MapShuffle.lua)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousFox

AKA FuriousFox
This script creates a randomized list of every loaded singleplayer or co-op level (including wads) for you to play through, similar to how a music player does if you press the shuffle button. Once you reach the end of the shuffled map list, the script will automatically shuffle it again. If you want to return to the normal map progression, just change the map using the MAP command or the in-game level select menu.

This script includes 2 console commands:

SHUFFLE - Shuffles the map list and teleports you to the first level in that list.
NEXTLEVEL - Skips the current level and goes to the next map in the list.

Attachments

• srb20005.jpg
    srb20005.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 553
  • srb20028.gif
    srb20028.gif
    6.5 MB · Views: 526
  • MapShuffle.lua
    3.4 KB · Views: 500
Last edited:
Whoops! Sorry for letting this wad get lost in submissions like that.

Anyhow, I gave this a test and it works fine. A pretty neat idea, I might get some use out of this when I host a co-op server. Although with some generous use of the NEXTMAP command to skip the SRB1 levels.

Quick update: NEXTMAP command was changed to NEXTLEVEL due to the script messing with some internal console variables and causing crashes if the script is loaded at launch.

No other gametypes supported? A dedicated match/CTF server using this with every compatible OLDC map queued up sounds like a great way to kill a day.

I thought about that, but SRB2 already supports random map rotations for all the other gametypes. Plus I would have to come up for another way to determine when the round has ended in Match/CTF, since right now I just check player.exiting (which I don't think ever gets set in those gametypes).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back