• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2SNK: A fighting game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I deleted my post because one screenshot wasn't showing up for me. (it's still not showing up, I HATE THIS SOFTWARE)
srb20012.png

srb20013.png

Have you honestly not read any post in this thread? We are NOT trying to recreate S3&K's levels! We're trying to recreate the FEEL the levels have, not the levels themselves.

Wow, those high-res S3K textures are looking pretty snazzy so far. They actually look better than I thought they would look as textures rather than tiles. Not much of the level design is shown, but it seems to be looking pretty open-end much like the main game's. I really love how close the Hidden Palace looks to the actual game's, and the fact that even things like those poles in the Ice Cap are included. Wish you all luck on this project.

Also, I'm going to request to be added to the Dev team. Although I haven't really made anything during my time in this community, perhaps this could be my chance to finally start doing something.

I have a question, are you going to use/remix the PC songs? AKA the songs that replaced the Genesis Ice Cap, Carnival Night, and Launch Base songs?
Since I'm on the music team, I plan on remastering some of the PC songs, so go ahead and count on it.

Woah, I can't believe I haven't seen this until now. Epic stuff, besides that ice cap zone screen shot. That one looks boring.

Diamond Cave Zone or something like that. That one also looks boring to me. Needs more scenery

EDIT: Actually, I think it's called Mystic Cave. I dunno, it's been a while since I've played Sonic 3

*Endless Mine Picture*

Cookies to how ever knows what this level is :P

This is going to bug me forever... but good 2d textures don't always translate to good 3d textures. For a proper transition, you need to make something yourself that will be appropriate to the theme but tile more gracefully. Your walls and floor are blending.

zv762v.jpg

Try some of these... the ones without wood could make good flats and the ones with might make some interesting structure, though we wouldn't know until we see it ingame. Also, fit the blue to the water, the teal to the normal, and make a red tint version as per the original posts's level artwork sheet for an alt.
You can use these alongside the rocks you currently have having the rocks be used more for decor than for the overall texture.

EDIT:

Also another note:

srb20012.png

Here you have two similar textures with different styles. One is S3K enhanced and the other is much more pastel and lower contrast, and this causes a strange disconnection that will be felt by the player if you aren't careful. Use the Ice Cap wall textures for the ceiling and find something else to use for the relevant flats than the IFZ flat which will fell sharper and more consistent.

Last edited:
Buh. I thought I was going to be part of the team too. Although now I'm unsure of what I'd do, exactly. Those screen shots are discouragingly awesome. o 3o

I've got like, the worst/hardest job on the team because I have to design/sketch my levels entirely from scratch since the Special Stages can't be used as a reference. ;-;

Also, PM me suggestions for Special Stages, I'll be sure to read them all. Make them fun and interesting and have Red and Blue Spheres integrated into the suggestion, please.

Last edited:
I'd like to help, but, well, my level-design fu is mediocre. Still... Would it hurt to try?

So, yeah... please give me a random not-yet-begun and if possible not-crucial zone to design. I can learn. I wish to join the devteam and work on this.

Rest easy, great canine noise, you've earned it. Those textures look impeccable. They're identical to the original, and yet they are different. I declare this topic protected by the Epic Win Act of 1897.

The Epic Win Act of 1897 said:
Anything that is more than 70% great, and more than 40% awaited-for-7-years must be guarded at all costs.

Sorry about that I was a little out of it, it's 4:30 here. I've recovered and will now stop typing befor I even finish this sentence just like the ending to The Sopr

quick question. are you gonna put in bustable block sprites? like when you hit bustable ice, it looks like the ice is crumbling?

That's just disgusting... You're 3D-ifying the best 2D Sonic game ever? Seriously... That's just wrong on so many levels... You're killing my 2nd favorite Sonic game.

Good luck with it! Looks epic :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back