Dimension Glaber (SP and MP maps)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaber

Emblem Radar Ready
May not work properly with Mania or Classic.wad mods.

It had to happen soon or later, so why not multiple levels at once? Dimension Glaber is a collection of just about every level I worked on. Almost every map in this pack finally receiving their first ever revision from when they were first released from years ago, or even Last Year's SUBARASHII.

Just about almost everything about this pack is recycled from my past. Including the pack's name! This mod was originally started as a way to keep my maps up to date should I want to recycle more rooms for future maps, and it grew from there.

All the levels are Pseudo-sorted by era and theme. Plus there are even 2 secret exits in levels to find.

As of right now, there are no emblems to collect as I have nothing for them to unlock.

Change log: (on a first release?!)
V0:
the separate release of each and every level in this pack over the course of 12 years, separately.

V1:
General
Replaced Emerald Token sound and graphics, replaced extra life sound, replaced score tally track

Green Hill
Enlarged stage, added polyobject, added jump ramp.

Daimondus act 1
Formerly act 2, added a spring to a tree branch, added new tunnel, changed a intangible from below fof into a shatter block.

Daimondus act 2
Formerly act 1, Structural changes, added a current to the middle water tunnel, some enemies deleted.

Grave Yard Hill Boss
Uses 2.1 Eggmobile now

Poloy Forest
Structural changes, Water no longer “boiling hot”, Barrier grass added, Alternate Exit now active, given Poloy forest track from Tails Adventures

Battle Woods
Formerly act 3, minor structural changes, added emerald token, tossed out song “Switch back”

Emerald Coast
Rebuilt most of the second half of the stage, added speed booster things, slopes added in (even that really steep one), added in swinging spike ball by the start, few Crawla's replaced with Neo Drillas, removed all invisible springs, added an emerald token in Big's secret fishing spot

Emerald Cove
Stage renamed, stage retextured, beginning and end of stage restructured, assigned Splashdown from Ristar for music

Mystic Castle act 1
Removed surprise Deeton, restructured entrance to second structure, changed some prisoners

Mystic Castle act 2
changed light level in lava room

Mystic Castle Boss
Uses 2.1 eggmobile

White Halloween act 1
Formerly act 2, cave light level increased.

White Halloween act 2
Formerly act 1, stage enlarged. Light level increased in caves, changed texture of a bustable wall

White Halloween Boss
Removed Death Pit, uses 2.1 eggmobile

Haunted Manor act 1
Removed Thok Barrier

Haunted Manor act 2
Added in Senku's Orange team flag texture

Haunted Manor Boss
Arena's plunger now goes down when boss beaten, real player scale down removed due to Knuckles' jump height

Springin Around MGX
Added a slope, added an emerald token

Blustery Day MGX
Minus is missing the snow sprite, SRB1 badnik's altered sprites restored, Pointy replaced with Undius, added an emerald token

Green Christmas
cut out part of the Thok Barrier

Holiday Village
Finally corrected the spelling of the name, added another side to the tunnel (no you still can't go through)

Frozen Battery
A Screen shows Medivo now. added music trigger

Rusty Bucket Bay
Formerly a Match Stage, Water no longer damages players unless it's the green goop, added emerald token, added emerald hunt locations, added slopes, added more structural accuracies, made all floating fofs be separate fofs to avoid jiggle bug

Scrap Brain
Removed help sign, added visual indicator for what side triggers the doors, added emerald token

Glaber Base 5
Changed Sky, Sally's path now accessible to all, added a “teleport” at the end

Medivo
Added new start and end. Replaced poly objects with chains, replaced pseudo-slopes with real slopes, added new pipes

Giana Dream blast
custom "mario block" texture now a separate animated texture (Previously replaced a set of lava fall patches), Giana gems left behind, rings are in use

Emerald Lake act 1
Merged with act 2, go where you can see, new object placement to go with it, slopes

Emerald Flower
Added in whole new path, slopes, polyobjects added, removed a confusing path, moved the exit

Icicle Factory
Modified the paths, new sloped active conveyor belt added, swapped out User minus with SRB1 Badnik

Sapphire Frost
adjusted a jump ramp, changed a wall to reveal the sky, changed music to Wolfy's Ice cap alternate

Sky top
emblems missing

Minvs The Prototype
First release

All Nights Special stages
Made to work without the Use Nights special stage parameter set to true

Barren Ambition
Track fixed up, Track goes backwards, some structural changes to account for the camera

Night Shift
Player starts on the super trigger, more items placed for Nights score attack

Special Stage 3
Re-textured in blue

Stocking Stuffer
no change

Mr E. Special Stage
Re-textured in Orange

Medivo SS
re-textured with medivo textures

Bellherst
Formerly End Year of NiGHTS, merged both mares

Glaber Glutch circuit
reduced to 2 laps, stage enlarged

Battle Woods act 1
added a bunch of Armageddon shields to speed things up, added a slope

Battle Woods act 2
Removed all fire, moved a trap button closer to the path, replaced deetons, added an Armageddon shield

Castletaina
removed invisible walls, did not remove invisible walls from windows, added a new prisoner in the "Deluxe" Cell, new music from Puggsy, swapped out sector based boosters with Yellow level thing based boosters

Quarts Caverns
Removed invisible walls, level set scenery meant for another level made into death pit (it's not part of the main track), added a jump ramp with speed booster to TK path, added slopes, loops to Glaber Glutch circuit

Endless Mine
changed blocks to shatter blocks

Medivo Circuit Nights
Textured to mostly match special stage

Caron forest
Formerly no name forest, given music from Tails Adventures' Caron forest, loops to Endless Mine

Daimondus CTF
added in more bomb panels, added in jump ramp, added slopes

Daimondus CTF 2
added new geometry, given Daimondus JJ2 music

Tubelectric CTF
Given Tubelectric music

Medivo CTF
Given proper Medivo textures for red team, Unseen fof art removed, Assigned Medivo music

Flood forest
updated to current ring set, moved the flags to the bigger capture sectors, left the flag base as a valid capture sector, made the bridges intangible from below, water now more dynamic

Spiral Mountain
Enlarged, added a spring

Targetzan's Temple
removed the mp3 track, left behind a midi, Enlarged the stage, added slopes, updated ring selection based upon Banjo-tooie egg set in Eggs a plenty

Ordnance Storage
enlarged, updated ring selection based upon Banjo-tooie egg set in Eggs a plenty, uses midi

Clinker's Cavern
enlarged, updated ring selection based upon Banjo-tooie egg set in Eggs a plenty, uses midi, loops back to Spiral Mountain

Castleon
Added Slopes

Glaber Glutch Mine
Enlarged, added more panels

Medivo
Uses Medivo JJ2 track

G. Glutch Village
Closed off Glaber base 4 and the path to the WOP

WW Shootout Zone
removed invisible walls, raised some floors

Icicle Pyramid
enlarged, assigned weapons based upon power ups, slopes

Voiced Concern
uses multiplayer emeralds

Icicle Warehouse
slope added

Daimondus Battle
no change

Glaber Base 3
Assigned music from gunstar heroes, built new outside area

V1.01
fixed an issue with the torches on Mystic Castle act 1

V1.02
Fixed an issue encounted via addfile, added a batfile.

Attachments

• srb20032.png
    srb20032.png
    205.7 KB · Views: 1,911
  • srb20071.png
    srb20071.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 1,529
  • srb20113.png
    srb20113.png
    147.4 KB · Views: 1,635
  • srb20118.png
    srb20118.png
    115.1 KB · Views: 1,997
  • DimensionGlaber.zip
    60.6 MB · Views: 3,173
Last edited:
Oh man, I've been waiting to try this!

Finally, a map that can show off what Classic.wad is really capable of with the right level design mindset! Here we go!
GZScrki.gif

O h .

Really though, I am quite enjoying what this level pack has to offer in terms of sloped terrain so far! However, I would like to suggest using the spring fix that Lach and MK are using because some areas require you to spin.

There's a horizontal spring fix?

Is it public?

EDIT: (it's a fix for analog mode players and tag mode)

Last edited:
Got to Mystic Castle Zone 1, heard a demonic moaning sound, and aptly closed the game. Sorry for being a pansy. I'll review the entire thing when I play it in the daytime though! ^^

From what I played, I don't even know if it's necessary for me to give a review. I assume most of these are maps you're either done with, or are using to draw inspiration from for future maps. The maps I played were all fun, despite not being up to community standards. It's cool seeing your interpretations of those game gear levels, and whatever Diamondus is based on.

That Moaning sound was actually taken from the Halloween Tech demo and used by both the ghosts and Specters (custom red variant). Sounds to me that you've hit my old Halloween levels.

A Majority of these maps are in fact from my past. Before I even started collecting together the maps, the idea behind the pack was at first to just update everything incase I wanted to recycle parts of my old stages later, but then I realized I had enough content for a playable level pack. Only one level was made specifically for this pack and it's the current final map in the single player/co-op campaign.

Daimondus was actually based on the levels from Jazz Jackrabbit episode 1 and pulls its textures from it as well. The reception to the textures didn't go over all that well and it's why the multiplayer Daimondus stages don't use them now.

It totally is public! Anyone is allowed to use it wherever they want if they want horizontal springs to transfer player flags properly (well, at least without the current bugs with the way vanilla handles it). It's recommended if you are making maps that are compatible with Tag/HnS, or if you care about players who play using analog mode. Otherwise it's not really necessary.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fhg4a1g1dlrx9j0/LUA_HSPR.lua?dl=0

Man, these levels really trip me up. You have 1.09.4 Crawlas and Silver Ring Monitors in one room and in the next one there's polyobjects and slopes. I think it's fun for what it is, though yeah nothing up to current standards. I also want to call attention to those MAPJ* levels that look like they would be for an unlockable (one of them is called like the level pack) but they're all glitched up the butt, can't be beaten, and pretty sure can't even be accessed without the console.

All that aside,
0lvBdDL.png

bruh

I don't know if it's like that for authenticity reasons (in which case you can ignore the rest of the post) but that can be reduced a bit. I got it down to 60 MB (45 when wadzipped) by messing with the MP3s some. I could send you the file if you're interested.

The size isn't like that for authenticity reason. It's really is like that because of the MP3 files. So yea, I am interested.

Had a chance to play through this level pack, It's fun I guess, however not without issues, the level areas spacing is inconsistent, some are huge with no purpose or very little detail and some are so small and sometimes cramped making navigating them a pain in the neck, feels like they belong in a corridor shooter, I also I enjoyed the NIGHTs Special Stages, not many people make NIGHTs maps nowadays, understandable because it's confusing af.

Overall it's a mixed bag, some levels are quite interesting and some others overstay their welcome.

Last edited:
Quite understandable as most of the levels before Medivo act 1 were made when 1.09.4 was the current version.

I suspect one of the levels that overstayed was daimondus act 2? Some of the maps like it I do plan on replacing with whole new versions of them while what's there now will go into the museum. (This mod's future archives unlockable)

By the way, don't be afraid to let me know what levels are the ones overstaying their welcome. I may go back to revise or replace them.

Last edited:
Welp, I played the whole mod on my school bus. :P. But I wanted the good ending, but I stopped at Bellherst, it's to difficult for me. ;-;

I wanna get that Emerald Coast as a standalone level WAD
PS: That boss on the giant capsule and Minvs... I hate them

I wasn't aware that these levels were open to critique or that you'd be modifying them in any way! If that is indeed the case then I do have a few suggestions for the pack. Feel free to not respond to any of these suggestions if they're already planned.

-Both Diamondus acts are pretty ok for me, but I feel like they could utilize slopes more.

-Just a note, going through the level pack normally for some reason skips Emerald Coast and Emerald Cove Zone
--Emerald Cove is pretty ok, I would vary the textures a bit more but I don't know where exactly would be fitting to do so. Also, MOAR SLOPES.

-Mystic Castle Zone feel a bit too cramped to me, perhaps making the corridors wider and rounding off the turns would alleviate this somewhat? Mixing up the textures a bit would help here too.
--You should probably lessen the enemy spam near the end of act 1 outside the castle itself before the last checkpoint, the Buzz noises stack into this cacophony of BEES. Three or four of each would be plenty in that area.
---Less enemy spam in general for that area, two Castlebots facing each other on opposite sides of the jail corridor at the end would be fine and one of each of the Jetty-syns is also fine.

-White Halloween Zone could definitely use more sloped terrain.
--Actually, having played through it again just now, White Halloween just feels a little bit bland in comparison to the rest of the levels, act 2 needs a lot more stuff to do in terms of platforming and enemies and whatnot and it really needs a touchup on visuals.

-I really like Haunted Manor and the Hang Castle/Mystic Mansion vibes it gives off, I would like to see some different textures for the walls though, all of the Zim textures are really one-note.
--Maybe give this one a little bit of an upscale as well, it's not nearly as cramped feeling as Mystic Castle was but it's still a little small.
--Act 2 must have a bunch of those neo-driller enemies somewhere because I keep hearing their charging sounds throughout the main gravity switching section. Please replace those enemies with something else.

-Please use the updated christmas textures that MotorRoach posted in the SUBARASHII editing thread in the christmas levels.
--Also, please make the exit for Frozen Battery a little more obvious.
---The Christmas levels in general kinda overstay their welcome.

-Rusty Bucket Bay could use the actual music from the source.

-Scrap Brain Zone feels like it'd be out of place with all the visual and mechanical polish that you've given the other levels, and it feels like it would overstay its welcome when put in alongside other updated levels.

-Emerald Lake is pretty good, I wish there was more slope play than just at the end.

-Emerald Flower Zone is my 3rd favorite level in this pack. The level looks delightful for having primarily GFZ textures, I love the usage of slopes here too.

-Sapphire Frost Zone is my second favorite level purely based on gameplay, the only thing I would like to see changed is a bit more scenery objects littered throughout the stage, again, from the updated Christmas texture pack that Motor posted. Something like snow-covered bushes and some different trees sprinkled in or a lamp post or two would really make things a little more lively.

-Skytop is hands down my FAVORITE SRB2 stage, period. There is no advice I could give to make the zone better, the scenery is beautiful and colorful, the custom neo-drillers by Toaster fit well with the stage, there's no enemy spam, there are plenty of secrets, the level design really matches what I think a good classic stage feels like in SRB2.

-Minvs Is an interesting boss and I would love to see a full stage before him! There are some tweaks I would make to the boss design though.
--Slow him down a little, as he is he feels too fast and hard to keep track of.
--Maybe limit the amount of projectiles he can have out at a time to 2, keeping track of not only him but several other projectiles makes him really hard to navigate around whilst keeping hold of your rings.

Overall, I can see how much you've improved over time! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what you have in mind for updating these levels!

responce in the spoiler
-there's a reason that Emerald Coast and Cove are skipped during normal game play. They're hidden levels and require you to find hidden exits. The changelog in the main post will tell you what level one of these exists can be found in.

--Believe it or not, Emerald Cove is just a cover for what the level really is. If you've played Emerald Lake later on in the pack, take another look at this stage. You can find another big hint to what the stage was really if you play around with no clip at the start.

-you know, Some slopes may actually help with White halloween's problem. (Not all by it self for anyone else reading)

-Haunted Manor act 2 has No Drillas of any kind. What you should be hearing is the wind sound effect from SRB2 Halloween Tech

-I'll consider using the new Xmas textures on some of the stages.

-Rusty Bucket may wind up with just a midi track, I'm considering booting out Spiral Mountain's mp3 too due to extra sound effects.

-Emerald lake wasn't designed with true slopes in mind from the get go due to at the time using pseudo slopes. That said, I could probably still find a few more spots for them.

-Toaster just did the Lua code for Neo-Drilla. I was the one who did the graphics for it.

I noticed that too, I'll go check to see what caused it right now. (SUGOI's version was also edited after submittion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back