• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sapheros' Sizziling Thread of Silly Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapheros

I probably don't need to make this, but eh, I'll just make one just to show off some things that may be completed, but will never be in submissions. That's why I have my site.

For what I have to show this time around, is a boss fight derived from 2.0 SOC, which I have deemed:

lPrnKeO.gif

This boss is actually a change-up from the SRB3K mod's GFZ3 boss from 2.0. It originally replaced MT_EGGMOBILE, but I decided to make it it's own thing.

To be honest, this boss is like Chaos Domain's Flamebreath's type of difficulty, where you know, the boss is so hard that it's almost impossible to beat it impervious.

The stage is a shameful placeholder since I plan to re-use this boss for any other stages I may re-hash for other uses.

Last edited:
SRB2: Fire and Ice is coming.
In all seriousness, the boss you showed off seems to be a great port, and looks like it would be fun to defeat. I'm looking forward to what else this thread has to offer later on.

Hmm, my wording in that post was really shoddy. I should probably admit that the final product performed in that gif I posted is in fact, my edits. This is not exactly how the boss originally acted in 2.0. I made some edits to make this boss more tolerable and harder for the 2.1 Final product. Though, I'm not entirely sure what else I can truly show off that 1: won't piss off original creators of wads that I found through 4shared and other places, or 2: show my horrible display of creativity. Either way, thanks for the response! I don't want to distribute this boss here due to reasons out of my knowledge and power, but if you would like to play with this boss. PM me for the link, it's fully complete and I shouldn't be touching it any time soon.

https://gfycat.com/WeakJitteryAnteater

So I spent the past 3 days making a level, mostly so I could have a level that gives me the excuse to use Sonic Mania's Studiopolis theme. I have made a grave mistake making that wish.

You know the stupid phrase: you can't have your cake and eat it too? Well, I can't have Studiopolis' Theme and have it plastered on a good stage, mostly because I am way too much of a novice to make a quality stage myself. Working with Zone Builder is tedious, boring, and if you're around a bunch of people that EXPECT good quality, and yell at you until you make it good, you can add uninspiring to the list too. I thought I would enjoy my creation, but my thinking process as I made the level had truly come out, and by the time I "polished" the stage with actual textures, I cringed at everything I did. I refuse to release it, and until I have the time and patience to calmly waste on making a decent enough stage, I'm just going to stick to porting other people's 2.0 maps, shitty or not.

Last edited:
https://gfycat.com/WeakJitteryAnteater

So I spent the past 3 days making a level, mostly so I could have a level that gives me the excuse to use Sonic Mania's Studiopolis theme. I have made a grave mistake making that wish.

You know the stupid phrase: you can't have your cake and eat it too? Well, I can't have Studiopolis' Theme and have it plastered on a good stage, mostly because I am way too much of a novice to make a quality stage myself. Working with Zone Builder is tedious, boring, and if you're around a bunch of people that EXPECT good quality, and yell at you until you make it good, you can add uninspiring to the list too. I thought I would enjoy my creation, but my thinking process as I made the level had truly come out, and by the time I "polished" the stage with actual textures, I cringed at everything I did. I refuse to release it, and until I have the time and patience to calmly waste on making a decent enough stage, I'm just going to stick to porting other people's 2.0 maps, shitty or not.

Looks nice, flatty and nice :D.

https://giant.gfycat.com/AdvancedInexperiencedDove.webm

Back at it again with the level, and I decided not to scrap it. I liked the overall responses I got from the level and have been inspired to continue working on this. I'm trying my best to improve it (without breaking the level and corrupting my data) and possibly get this into submissions. I didn't think I'd get the harder components of level design down, but i did! Just need to work on the basics X_X

In other news, I decided to place Egg FrostBurn in submissions, I'm not sure what the result will end up (especially for reasons that are hard to control that could prevent the wad's release), but I'm hoping for the best!

And Finally (cause I'm 2.0 porting trash):

EiO7KO5.gif

The Egg Sand Sub! A boss that was ported from 1.09.4a to 2.0 by Blade and Morph, and has now been brought to 2.1 by moi. I'm not putting this in releases unless I get perms from at least one of the developers of this boss to be re-use- wait, it's reusable? (Does that mean it's port-able too?)

Wow, I have to say, Egg Frost Bite is fit to be the boss of Red Volcano Act 3, and Egg Sand is fit to be Arid Canyon Act 3 boss for some reason... Just my opinion...

Wow, I have to say, Egg Frost Bite is fit to be the boss of Red Volcano Act 3, and Egg Sand is fit to be Arid Canyon Act 3 boss for some reason... Just my opinion...
I think so too, It will be super awesome if those will be acctually red volcano and arid canyon bosses in the next version in srb2

Oh yay, tons to show off!

First up, Hidden Palace Zone

bb6aXcc.gif

TehRealSalt ported an asset pack from 2.0 and I decided to do something about it by doing one of my favorite zones from S3K.

7zNr6JB.gif

And with permission from The Underground...

Fq0ebsR.gif

A fight with Chuckling Fuckl- I mean Knuckles! Knux himself isn't going to fight him though.

oiM7ai6.gif

So he gets his own exit instead for Single Player!

----------------------------------------------------------

Next, is Jeck Jims' Unreleased Fan Character...

Hhpj6eA.gif

Flare, who I deem as "Da fastest sprinter in Australia, mate!" Fan Character existence aside, his main move is the Searing Speed-boost, which is a modified version of Sonic-FancyMovements' Sonic Advance 2 Acceleration, made to actually rival FSonic!

yghvQs2.gif

His Jump ability is the fall switch, which is really useful to compensate for his speed, and when pressing Spin in mid-air, he can perform a speed-based version of Saturn's Drop Dash, which dashes you based on how fast you're going to keep the fiery flow.

This character is great for racing game types as his fall switch and drop dash can help him make some really interesting shortcuts and by-passes. For anyone wondering, I do have Jeck's perms, but due to the fact that its a SonicCE recolor, I will not release it here on the forums. (which is why its on my website if you're interested)

Last edited:
84065a32550b44af86368de6546c7771.png

So I wondered what would happen if STJr actually decided to implement these shields into SRB2...
Xifduo4.gif

Someone would be thankful at least. =P

Instead of making these Jump Abilities, they're all Spin-in-Midair Abilities, similar to the functioning of the Armageddon and Whirlwind Shield.

vAYq5o8.gif

WAT8DOq.gif

gfchz0A.gif

Also since they're spin abilities...
o5dAbE6.gif

All characters can use them!

Though at the moment, The Thunder Shield doesn't attract rings, mostly because of how hardcoded the function P_Attract is. (And rebuilding it in lua is going to be taxing for me...)

Credits to RapidGame7 for helping me with actually spawning the shields.
Credits to Hedgefox for the S3K Elemental Symbols Sprites.
Credits to semi.colon for the original lua of shield abilities (I had to use v1.5a since its almost impossible not to break v1.6 by taking things out)

Last edited:
I will when...

1: The Thunder Shield gets the magnetic effect from the Attraction Shield

2: I have all perms handled.

I'd be interested to see you play with the fire thok a little bit. I realize the reason it's so fast is because otherwise Sonic would have no reason to use it, but it would probably be ideal if you gave it properties that distinguished it from the regular thok instead.

Some ideas you could try out:

* Cancelling z momentum
* Adding momentum instead of overriding it (makes it more dynamic, perhaps more interesting to control?)
* Charge up thok in midair and release to blast forward

You could also give this the fire spin trail just for some additional utility.

Last edited:
Right... that gif was outdated, I weakened the thok to be 20% less stronger than Sonic's thok (40*FRACUNIT) and I'm probably going to add the elemental fire trail once I get this Attraction to the Thunder Shield finished.

When people thought the Devs were the only ones with 2.2 Content:

moXKa9z.gif

To be fair, I found this inside an old 2.0 wad long before the official Hype thread, but never really decided to mess with it a lot since I didn't know what I was doing with it. But now since I do, here it is!

EDIT: Ok, so I have absolutely NO fucking idea where the sprites come from, so now I'm gonna grab my shotgun and a grappling hook and go on a wild goose chase to figure out who owns them. =|

Last edited:
ALRIGHT A VERY SAD UPDATE:

Neo Chaotikal/Fred is the official owner of these sprites... Unfortunately, he has left the community permenantly and hasn't been online since February of 2016, I sent him an actual e-mail to hopefully get his response, but I honestly don't have a lot of hope in that. That being said, you guys will have to wail till 2.2 (or when my spriting skills are good enough to make 3D springs) in order to use horizontal springs. I can't claim ownership of these sprites until Fred responds, so if you know him, please reach out to him if you can!

See that's the sort of reason why there needs to be a clause in rule two of the submissions guidelines to allow usage/ports of material where the original author is unreachable, but still require proper credit to be given.

So I've seen discussion of Katmint's Rosy character, saying that her use of Custom buttons is terrible, the abilities not being very good, latest versions of SRB2 are making her lua lag the game to hell, Well I decided to go ahead and fix the lag of her lua, and then I decided to make some new moves suggested by Speedwagon, who wanted her moveset to be more closer to the NSMB type of moveset.

Rosebud The Rascal is not much different from her original version, but this time, her new moves will suit her gameplay to being ridiculously unique:

-Classic Piko Piko Hammer: Ring Toss
The two Custom 1 abilities are now linked to Ring Toss, and will disable the usage of red/infinity rings entirely.

HandmadeGorgeousCowrie.webm
HandmadeGorgeousCowrie.webm
HandmadeGorgeousCowrie
l3gnphv.gif

-Triple Jump: Similar to the NSMB mechanic where when you’re at top speed, your jumps will increase height and will gain height if used consecutively.

rOsKHWw.gif

-Piko Piko Hammer Kick: Jump Ability
Allows you to perform a very very minor jump when going at a fast speed. When in conjunction with the Triple Jump, it's great for balancing and platforming.

BHynmOD.gif

-Piko Piko Hammer Slam: Spin while midair.
Charges straight into the ground and slam your hammer. Causes a bit of AOE damage and acts as a momentum cutter.

EverlastingIlliterateArctichare.webm
LVBbSUc.gif

-Slide: Press the spin button when you gain enough momentum(10*FRACUNITS) while running on the ground. Use this to slip through small crevices or secret areas.

BoilingHeavenlyAsianelephant.webm
e0KgXmb.gif

-Leap Dash: Press Spin at a very slow speed to dash forward up to Rosy's normalspeed, keep in mind that you can't use any abilities during the dash (at least for a second)

UnawareEarlyChameleon.webm
1nEM68k.gif

I obviously can't release this for uh.. Katmint's reasons, however I do have a very terrible website for anyone interested in giving some slight criticisms. Keep in mind that if you don't like it... Blame SpeedWagon Play with the original Rosy instead!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back