Silver The Hedgehog [dot pk3]

Lat'

Absolute territory where
Kart Krew™️
Nope, you're not dreaming, this one here is not a joke, it's the true and real Silver we've all been waiting for!

343528srb20263.png

So, Silver is as fast as Tails, but cannot damage enemies by jumping on them. But don't worry, he has a bunch of abilities to make up for this!

All the abilities below require Psy Energy. With the exception of Float, they can't be used if you don't have more than a fifth of your energy! (The bar flashes red when you can't use them)

Float
Silver can float if you hold jump after using your double jump ability. Nothing too special. It slowly depletes your Psy energy. You are vulnerable while using it, so be careful.

Psycho Boost
Press Spin while jumping or floating to initiate the Psycho Boost. While boosting, press forward or backwards to go up or down. You can break walls in this state. If you hit a floor while boosting, Silver will start sliding and keep all of his momentum! Therefore, let your speed build up to make the most of your slide distance!
His boost is also affected by what Shield you're carrying on you.
  • Whirlwind: Extends boost duration
  • Force: Taking a hit doesn't knock you out of boost state
  • Attraction: Drag nearby badniks into you and damage them
  • Elemental: Allows you to boost at full speed underwater. Slide will leave a fire trail.
  • Armageddon: Bumping a wall will cause a small explosion

Telekinesis
Telekinesis is simple to use, while on the ground, press Spin to lift objects, and press Spin again to throw them. If there's any nearby target, they will be locked on by thrown objects. You can use the weapon select buttons to select what object to interact with once held. It will periodically highlight in white. By default, all objects are interacted with at the same time.
You can press Toss Flag to drop (the selected) object(s).

Match
Silver can use his Telekinesis to throw monitors on players, reflect their shots back at them, throw players against walls, or even use a player to hit another player! Although the last two options aren't recommended as they will increase the cooldown before being able to throw the player.
Silver may throw Psycho Cuts which can be combined with Weapon Rings. All Cuts can go through players and will consume energy when thrown. They are often thrown in batches of 3, but Weapon Rings may change that rule when used.
  • Automatic: Shorter cooldown, smaller cuts. Green coloured.
  • Bounce: Bouncy cuts. Orange coloured.
  • Explosion: Single cut that explodes on impact. Black coloured.
  • Grenade: 2 abysimally slow cuts, very useful for area denial. Brown coloured.
  • Scatter: Fires 3 horizontal cuts together, spreading left and right. Purple coloured.
  • Rail: Fires faster cuts. Silver coloured.

As Silver, you are very dependant on your Psy Energy, therefore it's important that you use it wisely. As you play as him, learn about how far and how high a Psycho Boost can take you to maximize its utility while running to the next spot as it recharges.
Also remember that for hitting at least 3 enemies in a single throw, you can get unlimited Psy Energy for about 5 seconds! So also learn which patches of enemies can be abused to your advantage.
Sliding will keep your momentum, it's possible to jump out of a slide and keep floating very fast for minimal energy cost afterwards as a result.

In Ringslinger, as Silver, you're most effective in close quarters thanks to your Psycho Cuts. But be careful, they consume Energy and will leave you unable to use Telekinesis for the duration of their cooldown. Make use of the Weapon Rings to maximize their potential output.
Grabbing players with Telekinesis is rarely a viable option as the cooldown before being able to throw them is longer, and any good player will take this opportunity to retaliate. Focus on punishing greedy players who think they can get close to you safely with thrown objects and monitors.

Against Silver, keep your distances and avoid cramped areas as much as possible, his psycho cut is devastating should you be unable to move around to dodge it. Don't even think about getting close to him, he will throw monitors around, and these WILL destroy you once they start homing on you. He may also try to grab you, but if you happen to have any weapon that covers a wide area, you should be able to retaliate and break free very easily before he can throw you. Although Silver can grab your thrown rings, he can only grab so much, so you can just spam him from afar with red rings. Avoid low firerate weapons as he will easily be able to send those back to you. Rails are also a safe option, although nobody fucking likes them, they're devastating against Silver.

Silver also has a Super Form he can use in Single Player, which negates all Psy Energy cost mentionned in the spoilers above.

I hope you will have as much fun playing it than I had making it

Special Thanks
Speedwagon for the char select and end-of-level sign sprites
STCPhoton for the sliding sprites
Snu for coding assistance, online testing and help with sprites
MotorRoach for testing, advices and fixing the character select pic
LJ Sonik, Monster Iestyn, toaster, JTE and Inuyasha for a lot of help with the Lua, dumb scripter I am! :)
A good chunk of the Discord Chats I sent the WAD to to get error reports.

All of those who supported me while I was making this. Thank you, I love you all!

Attachments

• srb20889.png
    srb20889.png
    203.5 KB · Views: 6,650
  • srb20891.png
    srb20891.png
    133.5 KB · Views: 7,075
  • srb20892.png
    srb20892.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 4,978
  • srb20893.png
    srb20893.png
    163 KB · Views: 5,237
  • srb20894.png
    srb20894.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 4,644
  • Silver_f.pk3
    1.2 MB · Views: 13,965
Last edited:
"Okay, so if I press up while dashing, I will fly up." And then I pressed down and slammed into the ground. Then I thought the same thing, and did the same thing. And once more, somehow. I seriously wonder if I'll ever get used to up and down while dashing not being reversed, like it is in pretty much every other game. But besides that, seems fun, and I look forward to playing through the vanilla campaign with him. I'll be sure to let you know my thoughts about him after I've done that. Congratulations on finishing him, by the way.

Will you make an alternate wad with No Voices? You know, like the Jasper Wad.

Most of the voices aren't heard outside of a multiplayer game, so I don't think this is much of an issue. But it would be nice lol.

Also, this character sucks on Fighting Bosses. Would you make a Spin Jump to him?

Silver is super fun to use and explore in stages; his Float alongside Psychoboost allows him to get to places not even Tails can get to without taking forever to do so and grants him major shortcuts that allow him to potentially be faster than even Sonic in some places. I found Telekinesis to be hit and miss sometimes, seeing as enemies that fire projectiles still get the chance to while you're holding them and sometimes I just can't pick up what I want to pick up, which is more critical for Silver to use in boss fights since he lacks a spinjump unless you perform a slide.

I think these flaws in combat sort of make up for Silver having an amazing moveset for getting around levels and while some of them could be addressed I'm definitely gonna have a lot of fun using Silver for the time being! Awesome job, Lat!

Silver has been updated and fixes some issues!

-Enemies will not be killed instantly if they are thrown after already being thrown beforehand
-Flying enemies can not be picked up anymore due to their inability of being thrown
-Some Multiplayer validity checks for mobjs have been added to prevent the script from breaking; however, please report any line of any missing valid check error in case they still happen

"Okay, so if I press up while dashing, I will fly up." And then I pressed down and slammed into the ground. Then I thought the same thing, and did the same thing. And once more, somehow. I seriously wonder if I'll ever get used to up and down while dashing not being reversed, like it is in pretty much every other game. But besides that, seems fun, and I look forward to playing through the vanilla campaign with him. I'll be sure to let you know my thoughts about him after I've done that. Congratulations on finishing him, by the way.

It's explained in the main post though. Press up to go up and down to go down. Like a Brak Eggman Missile in 2.0

Why are the voices even bothering you since you never hear them. And having 2 versions of the same wad is useless and annoying for players.

For some reason, this happened:

-gif-

After i destroyed the enemy, i couldn't use telekinesis on the monitor.

I'm aware of this issue but I am not sure on how to fix it for the moment. I'll look for it.

Also, this character sucks on Fighting Bosses. Would you make a Spin Jump to him?

Silver can throw back every boss' projectiles at it unless it's Metal Sonic. And it's the point. Besides, you can just damage bosses by using Psycho Boost on them.

aaaaa

Sorry for the inconvenience, here's another update.

1.0.2 update includes;
-Spamming Telekinesis shouldn't break the Hook anymore

I'm sorry, I'm extremely bad when it comes to bug testing because I tend to only play stuff the way they're meant to rather than going all out, lol.

YES! He's finally here! It's great to finally have a Silver WAD with great sprites and abilities. It's a bit difficult to get used to at first, but a while after, he's a lot more powerful than a lot of other characters (especially when he's super). But there's still another bug I've found.

Sometimes, the lua breaks for some reason, and most of the time, it glitches out the circle blue aura that surrounds Silver when holding something. It appears but doesn't move with Silver and doesn't disappear. I don't know why it does that, but hopefully you can get it fixed.

EDIT: Nevermind you fixed it right when I was typing, lel.

It's explained in the main post though. Press up to go up and down to go down. Like a Brak Eggman Missile in 2.0
Which is why I mentioned "Okay, so if I press up while dashing, I will fly up." as my thoughts, before then doing the opposite of that three times in a row. But don't worry, I did eventually get used to it. Eventually. It took quite some time. Either way, my only thoughts about Silver so far is "It's a really fun character to play as". Good job on it.

Found a bug. Silver doesn't show his death sprite if you held the jump button after jumping and happened to be killed from there. Apart from that, Awesome job, Lat! (Hopefully a server without lag will let me actually have a chance to play with this wad.)

Also too bad it's impossible to do that silly thing you can do in Sonic 2006 which makes you fly if you use telekinesis on a object that you are standing on like that ball from Crysis City. Awesome WAD anyway.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back