[Open Assets] Mania/S3K's Elemental Shields

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Version 2.2 features a few bug fixes that I missed for the shields in version 2.1, however, a new version of the shields are finally here to dazzle your eyes, just like in it's original appearance.

M8QY3Lv.gif

Yep, that's right, Sonic Mania's Elemental Shield sprites are here! They feature even more frames of animation compared to the originals, which means more and new sprites, more states, and just so much better to look at. ManiaS3KShields.wad is the name, and it's probably gonna be the default wad for S3K Shields knowing all of us. The original is still there if you're still feeling interested in the le olde nostalga.

To add to this, the replacing function is no longer a command, but an embedded function that will happen automatically, which may replace the vanilla shield monitors with one of the S3K ones. This SHOULD fix the issue with SRB2PlusC since the shieldreplace command was pretty... shoddy.

Last edited:
Version 2.3 is live! This mostly just kinks out the rest of the oversights and bugs like having your jump being cut short by the Lightning Shield, and most importantly...

Balancing the Fire Shield to not being an overpowered mess like it was before hand.

As a part of my "Birthday Update Spree on the M.B." S3K Shields once again gets an update that I should've posted last year. No need to panic or anything, it just fixes an issue where knuckles couldn't use the spin button to jump off the wall he's facing, now you can do it, and THEN use your shield ability if you need to. Other things included are updates to sprites and their animations as a whole.

In the wake of KAWAIII, and because I honestly felt like it, the shields get what should be the most finalized version of this mod. It's mostly a coding cleanup for my end with no really new features. Only thing that's different is the Electric Shield once more, with it's difference being the sparks that fly out from the double jump, and a "new" form of attraction that shouldn't case too many lag issues. Though I am not sure myself, it could work well for you, who knows? I also recommend not using MD2s of the shields in the meantime until Jeck makes his own updates and support, or someone else makes them.

Can you please update the Mania-Shields for this mod? This mod causes major lag in certain stages.

Last edited:
The creator of this mod has been banned, so please don't expect an update anytime soon unless somehow someone else picked it up instead.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back