• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Kart Krew™'s exe mods

With a new year comes a new course! And returning old feature...!

srb20021.gif

Barren Badlands Zone is a Singleplayer level in an upcoming collaborated level pack by TehRealSalt and Seventh Sentinel. It's been re-imagined into a kart map by TehRealSalt on a whim. You'll be driving through a sandy valley with a few Robras trying to slow you down.

srb20022.gif

Don't let those Robras bump you off course!

I remember arguing a long while back over IRC that you guys could be working on a commercial project with the skills that your team possessed.

Perhaps an overzealous sentiment at the time, but seeing some of the stuff you guys post, occasionally I'm hard pressed not to stand by it.

Sometimes it's the small changes that can make a map feel up to new standards:
srb20023.gif

srb20024.gif

Not every map needs a complete redesign to function in 2.1 today.

Sometimes even the good ones don't make the cut:
yNZtMCy.png

Crystal Abyss was finished during that time where Top Down was the new kid on the block and Kart was covered by a blanket to keep it clean. This means that it's still following the old 2.0 level design standards for Kart. Ultra-tight turns and a course design so difficult it makes Eggman's Nightclub look like Baby-Circuit on 50cc.

srb20026.gif

And these too.

The map is just too much for the current state and new design "meta" of Kart, so it's been removed from the main rotation. You'll still see and be able to play it upon release, but it's got that "PWR-Retro-Maze" treatment currently. Whether or not this map will get updated is up in the air, really.

srb20026.gif

And these too.

What is with that mouth?! Reminds me of Kirby and perhaps Amy in Sonic Adventure.
Just a suggestion, why not have him (and maybe the other charcters) grit their teeth with closed eyes instead of what Sonic is doing.

I like how their facial expressions remind me of how they look in their actual pain sprites.

Not enough free time for me to work on Kart, but enough time for me to give you the usual weekly updates. Here's what the rest of the Krew has been working on:

srb20237.gif

A better Spectate mode, thanks Sal!

Not enough free time for me to work on Kart, but enough time for me to give you the usual weekly updates. Here's what the rest of the Krew has been working on:

srb20237.gif

A better Spectate mode, thanks Sal!

Two words:
Hell.
Yes.

I'm again loving the updates that you guys are bringing to the new SRB2 Kart!

Sometimes even the good ones don't make the cut:
yNZtMCy.png

Crystal Abyss was finished during that time where Top Down was the new kid on the block and Kart was covered by a blanket to keep it clean. This means that it's still following the old 2.0 level design standards for Kart. Ultra-tight turns and a course design so difficult it makes Eggman's Nightclub look like Baby-Circuit on 50cc.

So does this mean that in the future you'll update it to follow the newer level design, and of course make it easier?

PLACE YOUR BETS!

SScW5wf.png

Tired of the host dictating what map you play on? Sick of playing Meadow Match 50 times in a row? That low tier garbage?

KartKrew™ has you covered! Introducing DEMOCRACY, a voting system that allows true freedom of speech. Based primarily off of Mario Kart 8's voting system with our own adjustments, you can finally stop playing Toxic Palace 13 times per net-game! Find hidden gems such as Midnight Meadow, Hill Top Zone, and Vanilla Hotel! Along with many more!

Your freedom belongs to YOU!

Holy shit how did I predict the future like that

Now I don't have to decide what levels I don't want to go to... or really I don't have to decide for everything at all.

Democracy? In my netgames? Blasphemy!

Regardless, it's cool seeing a voting system for tracks, reminds me of the online modes of recent Mario Kart games.

Also, that Tails icon is cute looking, just feel the need to put that out there.

Last edited:
Democracy? In my netgames? Blasphemy!

Regardless, it's cool seeing a voting system for tracks, reminds me of the online modes of recent Mario Kart games.

Also, that Tails icon is cute looking, just feel the need to put that out there.
Woah, dude, how did you even post something at 1 in the Morning?

i need sleep

Oh man, that's fantastic. What if you're indecisive and hate making decisions? Does the dice thing in the bottom right pick a choice at random for you?
All the Kart icons are lovely IMO. I have them stashed somewhere in my mess of folders just so I can admire them.
Woah, dude, how did you even post something at 1 in the Morning?
*backs away slowly from this 3am post*

The dice is another level, it just doesn't show you what it is until it gets picked by the game

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back