Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you guys should save this for a contest in March/April, around April Fools day or something. Tossing around ideas here.

Well, in case this actually becomes a joke contest (and judging by the entries, it is), go ahead by all means.

Okay, I realize this is going over FuriousFox's head here, but this is just absurd, and I am definitely not the only one that thinks what I'm about to do is correct.

The contest is getting extended one week from today, to midnight Monday, November 8th, 2010 (Sunday, November 7th, 2010 7:00PM EST). That is final.

Last edited:
犬夜叉;693250 said:
Okay, I realize this is going over FuriousFox's head here, but this is just absurd, and I am definitely not the only one that thinks what I'm about to do is correct.

The contest is getting extended one week from today, to midnight Monday, November 8th, 2010 (Sunday, November 7th, 2010 7:00PM EST). That is final.

I find this completely unfair for those who made and uploaded their levels in time.

I already made all the votes for the SP division! Oh well, I suppose much of it will still hold true next week.

No, same name, just pushed back a week.

And while I realize some may see this as being a bit unfair, there really wasn't much of a contest. In total, there were only 7 maps I considered to have any redeeming value (3 Singleplayer, 1 Match, 2 CTF, and 1 Circuit). I'd rather wait a week and see if anyone else will enter and give us a contest worth having. If we don't get enough, I'll just take the current entries and add them into the November/December 2010 contest, and make it so that they don't count for the "One map per division per author" rule.

犬夜叉;693250 said:

What the fuck. Why? Because there's not a lot of maps? What kind of dumb sense does that make?

I'll echo the sentiment that it's completely unfair to everybody who DID send a map in. Everybody knew the contest ended on the 31st. There was no forum downtime or any other excuse for not people not submitting their entries, so anybody and everybody who didn't enter a map had no intention to and should have no reason to do so now.

"That is final"? What a piece of shit.

What the fuck. Why? Because there's not a lot of maps? What kind of dumb sense does that make?

I'll echo the sentiment that it's completely unfair to everybody who DID send a map in. Everybody knew the contest ended on the 31st. There was no forum downtime or any other excuse for not people not submitting their entries, so anybody and everybody who didn't enter a map had no intention to and should have no reason to do so now.

"That is final"? What a piece of shit.

After seeing the 3 maps up in the SP division, NONE of them deserved ANY sort of reward. One was rushed just to get in, and the other two were just plain terrible. I have a 3, 2, and 1 vote. It was one of THE worst OLDC divisions I have ever seen. I'd rather wait a week than let a map get a reward they clearly do not deserve, or at least let said maps get improved in the meantime.

Considering only one joke map was actually funny, this is probably the best solution. Unfortunately, I didn't get see all the joke maps submitted in the last half hour :<

Am I allowed to enter a Capture Point map for this contest since it uses CTF? Or is it not allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back