The Absolutely Complete SRB2 MIDI Soundtrack

It's true, Echidnaopolis is the best song in SRB2

Also, as this is a post about SRB2's various midis. It turns out that the midis used for Demo 4 special stages 3 to 7 and the song for Christmas Hunt Zone were midi versions of songs from the anime 'Ojamajo Doremi'.

What song is Echidnopolis? AFAIK there was never such a song...ahh I see, it's SRB1.

And Ojamajo Doremi's music is wicked awesome.

Happy to answer any questions. Also, I can reach out to Sonikku for anything SRB1-related.

P.S. Is this really 'absolutely complete' when it's missing the production MIDIs for specific synthesizers? :P :P

Last edited:
Where did "Sonic's Nightmare"'s MIDI in SRB2 Christmas (listed as Unknown 3 in Wumbo's listing) come from? Or is it actually original music for SRB2? All I can gather so far is that it's probably by John Weeks, going by metadata.

On a sort of related note, I like how some of the SRB2 Christmas MIDIs came out in their OGG/MP3 versions. Almost as if they weren't MIDIs sometimes, hah.

Where did "Sonic's Nightmare"'s MIDI in SRB2 Christmas (listed as Unknown 3 in Wumbo's listing) come from? Or is it actually original music for SRB2? All I can gather so far is that it's probably by John Weeks, going by metadata.

Unknown1 - Composed by me. Not sure what it would have been used for, but I was thinking something boss-ish. Never had a purpose in mind for it.

Unknown2 - This is a Dreams Come True song... Karetomo? Track #2 from their 'Million Kisses' album...I can't read Japanese. Like Swinging Star that succeeded it, Million Kisses has a few Sonic-contemporary songs, most notably 'Kusuriyubi'. I always thought track #2 might be 'Wood Zone'.

Unknown3 - This is Final Fantasy-something. Sonikku was big FF and Chrono Trigger fan. Let me know if you can't hunt it down.

Unknown1 - Composed by me. Not sure what it would have been used for, but I was thinking something boss-ish. Never had a purpose in mind for it.

Unknown2 - This is a Dreams Come True song... Karetomo? Track #2 from their 'Million Kisses' album...I can't read Japanese. Like Swinging Star that succeeded it, Million Kisses has a few Sonic-contemporary songs, most notably 'Kusuriyubi'. I always thought track #2 might be 'Wood Zone'.

Unknown3 - This is Final Fantasy-something. Sonikku was big FF and Chrono Trigger fan. Let me know if you can't hunt it down.
Wow, I didn't expect to get a reply from one of the creators of SRB2!

Anyways, thank you for giving us some info on the unknown songs. I'll make sure to update the filenames sometime soon (I may remove the MEGA links and upload the files inside a viewable folder instead of a ZIP to make things easier for both me and others).

Edit: Did it!

Last edited:
Come on, man! Do more research than that! Get the real name of Track #2! Find out which Final Fantasy song!

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Hah, it's not Final Fantasy.

Breath of Fire 3 - Final Boss

Wow, I didn't expect to get a reply from one of the creators of SRB2!

Anyways, thank you for giving us some info on the unknown songs. I'll make sure to update the filenames sometime soon (I may remove the MEGA links and upload the files inside a viewable folder instead of a ZIP to make things easier for both me and others).

Edit: Did it!
Do not forget the synthesizers that the ssntails were talking about in the above message.

Come on, man! Do more research than that! Get the real name of Track #2! Find out which Final Fantasy song!

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Hah, it's not Final Fantasy.

Breath of Fire 3 - Final Boss
I'm not the best at research... but, I did come across the iTunes album for Dreams Come True - Million Kisses. I listened to the preview of track 2, and it didn't really sound like the MIDI (unless I'm not listening to enough of it... it does seem a bit similar). I also tried to translate Karetomo, but with no results.

Do not forget the synthesizers that the ssntails were talking about in the above message.
I knew I should've picked a different name... "Nearly Complete SRB2 MIDI Soundtrack", maybe?

Like Swinging Star that succeeded it, Million Kisses has a few Sonic-contemporary songs, most notably 'Kusuriyubi'.

I don't understand what you mean by this.

But yeah as it was already said, Unknown 2 is Dreams Come True's Kare Wa Tomodachi. If memory serves right, the MIDI was included in one of the early demos (the ones that still had the Doom names for the songs), alongside some other weird choices like At Dawn from Sonic Adventure. Were those actually meant to be used in the game somewhere, or was it some weird thing like the game didn't work if all the song slots weren't filled in or something?

I guess I can see Karetomo being a (maybe temporary) credits theme, but why At Dawn or Oil Ocean

I don't understand what you mean by this.

But yeah as it was already said, Unknown 2 is Dreams Come True's Kare Wa Tomodachi. If memory serves right, the MIDI was included in one of the early demos (the ones that still had the Doom names for the songs), alongside some other weird choices like At Dawn from Sonic Adventure. Were those actually meant to be used in the game somewhere, or was it some weird thing like the game didn't work if all the song slots weren't filled in or something?

I guess I can see Karetomo being a (maybe temporary) credits theme, but why At Dawn or Oil Ocean
Based on early development levels, At Dawn was clearly meant to be included

I love that the download is less than a megabyte
*updates*
63LOJWq.png

Based on early development levels, At Dawn was clearly meant to be included
Right, the beta quest thingy. I had forgotten Speed Highway was a level there. That just leaves Oil Ocean, though I'm guessing that was also supposed to be a secret level along the same lines as Speed Highway and Hidden Palace but never got started.

By the way, is my brain being stupid again, or is the actual early Egg Rock 1 song missing from Wumbo's collection? The one that sounds like the first half of this.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm being a dum-dum. It's Orbital Hangar.

Last edited:
From what version was Oil Ocean found in?

Oil Ocean was one of the next levels in Sonic Doom 2 to be made, along with Launch Base Zone (of which there is a small unreleased level that I may have included in my recent update, I forget).

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

What would be cool is to hear all of these MIDIs rendered with an OPL3 chip.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Found a mistake in the collection---

'Castle Eggman 2 (old) is really Castle Eggman Act 3'.

'Castle Eggman 2' is really 'Castle Eggman 2 (old)'.

You are missing the current Castle Eggman 2!

From what version was Oil Ocean found in?
The pre-Final Demo demos, it's D_OPENIN.

Demo 2 has all of its songs neatly ordered according to use inside the WAD, and Oil Ocean happens to be right next to Speed Highway and Hidden Palace's themes, that's why I thought it was a secret level like those two were going to be.

Must have been a Sonic Doom 2 Leftover then. The early versions of SRB2 did have leftovers from the doom mod, and for some reason, sprites for sonic using a chain saw.

Never understood why those weapon sprites existed when in Sonic doom 2 it was sonic's "Triple Spin" attack. (or just spin attack)

Found a mistake in the collection---

'Castle Eggman 2 (old) is really Castle Eggman Act 3'.

'Castle Eggman 2' is really 'Castle Eggman 2 (old)'.

You are missing the current Castle Eggman 2!
I renamed "Castle Eggman Act 2 (Old)" to "Castle Eggman Act 3 (Old)", but I believe the file for Castle Eggman Act 2 I have is the current one. It matches with the one inside music.dta, and I even tested it in-game (with MIDI music turned on) and it sounded exactly the same.

What would be cool is to hear all of these MIDIs rendered with an OPL3 chip.
Well, I'm not good with chips, but I did the next best thing and I converted the MIDI files to MP3 format using an OPL3-based soundfont. I guess some of the tracks sound pretty interesting. But it's all uploaded on the Google Drive page, if you want to check it out.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back