Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MP maps are compiled all into one big WAD, SP maps are just zipped as they are.

MP maps are compiled all into one big WAD, SP maps are just zipped as they are.
This. Just to emphasize, we had a Match stage back shortly before I joined which replicated Amy's Room from Sonic Battle. Aside from sucking (Battle stages don't work in SRB2), it had a custom ANIMATED lump that didn't account for all the other animated textures in the IWAD, meaning water et al. never animated. It was a rather big mess.

It was actually Club Rouge, and was titled "Nightside Rouge", though I forget who made it. Might've been Roboashura.

Amy's Room would probably have been marginally worse than Sonict's motherboard level.

SPRING YARD ZONE is canceled but I am starting a new wad with my friend usernamed UNIL

its an ice level, there is no pictures yet

Last edited:
You don't have to write zone names in all caps, only the first letters of each word. Ex. Spring Yard Zone.

Oh, and would you like give out the name of your new ice map? Or whats it theme going to be? Ice and water combo or something like BMZ?

Too-Many-Themes Zone?

Seriously, I think you should drop one of the three, otherwise you'll run into problems.

It starts out in a glacier area then into a magma cavern then when you get trough that part, a straight mine to the goal
heres the header

level 1
levelname = magma glacier
act = 0
musicslot = 140
skynum = 8

the magma area's musicslot is 139

the mine area is not inportant part of the level.

Last edited:
Did some works on the visuals, at least the flag room is shaping up somewhat nicely. Since I can't figure out the flags I'm using pillars of red/blue rock to mark team property which works just okay, but flags would still be neat.

Also changed sky to starry 'cuz it looks more awesome, pictured on third pic which shows of a (currently glassless) window in the chessboard area. Which hasn't been touched that much otherwise. I'm toying around with the idea of moving some pictures there. Or some carpets.

srb20008.png

srb20010.png

srb20011.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back