Sonic Doom 2 WADs Still Work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBreada

Also known as David G.
Earlier, I downloaded Sonic Doom 2 WADs. I never downloaded ZDoom (in fact, I don't know what it is.) So, I decided to put the wads into SRB2. (The current version.) The knux, mecha, sonic and tails WADs work as if you put a 1.09.4 WAD into 2.0. The colors are awful. The standing sprites for the characters look like they're from Sonic 3, and when they walk, it's a garbled mess.

When I tried putting the sdoom2 wad in, it changed the font and added tons of maps. The maps didn't work because of an error that reads as follows;

P_InitPicAnims: bad cycle from FWATER1 to FWATER16

I know nothing about making WADs, I know nothing about FWATER, I know nothing except how to play SRB2 and adding WADs. I wanna know why all this screwy stuff happens.

Because the wad wasn't made for SRB2. You could still add Doom or Doom2.wad, but that doesn't mean it'd work.

I don't see why it wouldn't. Free doom is just meant to be a free alternate Iwad for Ultimate Doom, or Doom 2

A bad cycle from fwater1 to fwater16 means that there is some error in the textures of the flats of water. Try removing the textures, or replacing them and then try adding the wad.

Btw, love doing that kind of stuff. Adding random things from other games, ready to see what comes out of it whether it be accurate to what it was from the game it came from or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back