Dedicated Server Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I host a server called Jiggles Ware house. It's co-op (usually). I run the server on a pos 2.0 ghz p4, 512 ram and a 40 gig hd with windows server 2003. I hate listen servers they cause lag on both ends, I was wondering if there was a dedicated server setup so I could run it 24/7 and remote desktop the server instead of walking to it. -Thanks.
Also I lose my sonic directory often, would anyone provide me with a save file with everything completed? I need it because some people ask for maps or such that I do not have unlocked.
262022616.png

hd3870x2noteditablemq5.png

We only need one dedicated server, if you want your server to be a dedicated one aka on all the time you will need to still monitor the server for rule breaking and such. The only game modes i can see your server been up for all the time without been there is matches and races but you will get noobs coming into your server and rule breaking and your server will be taken off the master server whilst they still join netgames. If i was you i'd just forget the entire idea of making a dedicated server as we dont need one.

But thats beside the point in some games you can use cmd to run a server and you can see everyone's chat log. It would be nice if there was something like that, and I'm in the west coast not every server is in the west coast so I want to make one publically available to everyone. I havn't experiened anyone rule breaking, what do you mean by rule breaking anyway? Like does the game allow modified scripts to be run easily?

Rule breaking would be something like people hanging out, roleplaying, or doing things that don't follow the Master Server's rules.

I just play co-op it's great. Role playing is against the rules, that's pretty funny, does the host want no "gayness" running around? If so I like his style about talking I don't see exactly what's wrong with it but I didn't make the rules.

Hanging out isn't just talking, it's talking on a server and not doing anything but talking on the server. (..Wait, what?)

Also, role playing is against the rules since SRB2 doesn't really fit the styles of role playing, or so I've heard, and it also wastes Logan's (The contoller of the MS) bandwidth. If you don't think those aren't against the rules, then I'd suggest that you go take a look at what the rules of the MS are, so that you will tell what each are with some more explaination, if I forgot something.

No role playing, that's kick@ss, hilarious and I completely agree. With that chat, I mean it's pointless I don't see why it's against the rules. Could you link me to the rules please?

JigglyWiggly said:
It still would be nice to have a dedicated server and monitor the chat windows via cmd prompt or something.

Uh, look at the log?

JigglyWiggly said:
Ok the server is up until I can find a way to name in dedicated it's called srb2 server.
"Servername JigglyWiggly's Server" (This is just an example. You can change the second and third word to whatever you want) in the command box, and yes, you must use the quotation marks, or else it won't work. Also, I don't mean on the launcher, I actually mean the black box.

Vash said:
JigglyWiggly said:
Ok the server is up until I can find a way to name in dedicated it's called srb2 server.
"Servername JigglyWiggly's Server" (This is just an example. You can change the second and third word to whatever you want) in the command box, and yes, you must use the quotation marks, or else it won't work. Also, I don't mean on the launcher, I actually mean the black box.
Alright I know what you mean, -servername "Jiggles WareHouse" I know how to use cmd ;)

Kopper said:
You can't change a server name in game Vash. :/
Yes, you can, Kopper. Try changing it, and ask other people if it says what you changed the server name to. It won't show in listserv because it only shows what the server name was when it was registered to the Master Server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back