The 2010 Winter Olympics - Vancouver, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard the Russian figure skating (or something like that) was really racist towards the Aborigines. D:<
I'm mad now. Why take it out on Australia?!

I used to follow the Olympics, but this time there's not much to this except Lindsay Vonn winning a gold, Apolo Ohno doing his usual awesomeness, and figure skating. I can also look forward to Trevor Devall's Voiceprint coming back once Vancouver '10 is over.

I was watching this guy figure skating, and when he was spinning, his foot looked like paper. o_e Anyway, USA isn't doing too good in curling. They should get janitors to do that sport. Stragetic janitors, that is. I mean, seriously, it's SWEEPING. And you need strategy. Go go go USA, Germany, and Sweden. (I'm part German and part Swedish.) I can't wait to see Ski Cross... wait, did they already show it? I think they did... snap. Catcha' all later!

We should've won Hockey. Then A) it would have been a miraculous victory, considering the last-minute tie, and B) we'd have gotten back at you for getting Gold on our turf back in the '90s.

In short, :<

Ahhh, don't be a spoilsport. You guys played great! Miller was a goddamn brick wall of a goalie.

It's just great to be able to say that we got both our first gold medal and a men's hockey gold on Canadian soil. I've never been so happy.

I'm looking forward to my massive headache tomorrow. :D

Yay, I'm not the only Hockey fan here!

One of the Olympic team goalies used to play for UVM, (Universitas Viridis Montis, University of Vermont), Tim Thomas to be exact. Although he didn't play in the gold medal game, it's still pretty cool that someone from our little state is out there on the team.

I have a lot of French Canadian heritage, so I can't say I'm 100% disappointed with the loss to Canada, however.

Or... Am I the only hockey fan and you guys just care about it because of the Olympics?

Man, all of you guys would have loved the closing ceremonies...for part of it, they demonstrated Canada's ability to laugh at themselves. So what do they do? Bring out the mounties, the hockey players, the maple leafs, the beavers, every possible stereotype there is! Imagine Canadian Bacon, but 20x less cheesy.

The musical acts were subpar, though. Nickelback was a horrible idea.

I can't believe it's over ;_;

EDIT: Oh, and for those who missed the Hockey moment of this decade: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr9j-MRTxz8&feature=popular

Gotta love how shellshocked Sidney is: "oh, I dunno, I think I shot it from about here?"

Last edited:
Well, apparently there has been quite a failure for the Dutch team during the Olympics; it appears that our ever famous ice skater Sven Kramer has gotten disqualified because he took the wrong lane. Ouch.

"This video contains content from CTV, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds" Bleh.

Yeah, I didn't get a chance to watch too much of the hockey stuff that I wanted to. I watched the end of the Canada vs. USA at the end. I was disappointed that the US lost since we were undefeated, but it was a great game. I didn't watch the closing ceremony either, but that sounded like I would have enjoyed some of that.

The gold medal hockey game was probably the best part of the Olympics I saw. I am sorta sad that the U.S. lost it though.

The funny part of the Olympics was that I didn't know what country to root for since I have somewhere around or over 7 different country bloods running through me like Russian, Spanish, Irish... That is all I can remember except that there is a crap load more.

Man, all of you guys would have loved the closing ceremonies...for part of it, they demonstrated Canada's ability to laugh at themselves. So what do they do? Bring out the mounties, the hockey players, the maple leafs, the beavers, every possible stereotype there is! Imagine Canadian Bacon, but 20x less cheesy.

The musical acts were subpar, though. Nickelback was a horrible idea.

I can't believe it's over ;_;

EDIT: Oh, and for those who missed the Hockey moment of this decade: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr9j-MRTxz8&feature=popular

Gotta love how shellshocked Sidney is: "oh, I dunno, I think I shot it from about here?"

this video contains content from CTV, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
I'm guessing Canada only?

Sidney Crosby is a giant, blubbering vagina.
What the hell......

He's a hockey player for the Canadian Hockey team (no beef there) and the Pittsburgh Penguins. Search Google for "Sidney Crosby is a" and the suggestions should give you a good idea.

Well all I can say for this tread is "GO CANADA!" :U I think I almost cried when I saw Canada win gold, both men and women's hockey team.

Well all I can say for this tread is "GO CANADA!" :U I think I almost cried when I saw Canada win gold, both men and women's hockey team.
Same here. But since the olympics are finished, we all can say that canadians did a very good job (especialy at hockey).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back